Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Deadpool with buildable fork and knife.

Good one :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

So you either destroy the guy's intestines by making him eat it, or the guy's reputation by making him a coward. This is some Green Goblin shit.

Well, luckily for me, neither is gonna happen :tongue: :rofl:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, luckily for me, neither is gonna happen :tongue: :rofl:

The fool hath said in his heart, there is no Lego Deadpool 3.

15 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

The fool hath said in his heart, there is no Lego Deadpool 3.

That’s because there isn’t :tongue:

The Snow White cottage leak today goes to show that there can be quite significant changes between the survey leak prelims and the final products! :thumbup: This is definitely a good sign for the X-Mansion, even though it was already quite obvious before that the final thing will look much better. Not only did the piece count and suggested price range not match that prelim, it would NOT have been worthy of the praise it got from the AT designers :laugh: 

Another take-away is the number of minifigs. The final cottage has two minifigs more than the prelim did, so hopefully we can expect something more juicy here as well!

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Snow White cottage leak today goes to show that there can be quite significant changes between the survey leak prelims and the final products! :thumbup: This is definitely a good sign for the X-Mansion, even though it was already quite obvious before that the final thing will look much better. Not only did the piece count and suggested price range not match that prelim, it would NOT have been worthy of the praise it got from the AT designers :laugh: 

Another take-away is the number of minifigs. The final cottage has two minifigs more than the prelim did, so hopefully we can expect something more juicy here as well!

Not sure who you’re talking about as the two additional minifigures. Only addition I see is the Prince.

The thing that concerns me about the X-Men mansion is the piece count. It’s the less than the natural history museum. So, either the mansion uses a lot of large pieces, or we’re looking at something smaller than the museum.

Figure selection, I’m still not convinced we’ll be seeing more than 9. I’m counting on Wolverine, Prof X, and Cyclops being included. We will probably see 2-3 repeats: Magneto, Rogue, Beast, and Storm. That doesn’t leave much room for new figures, one of which will probably be Jean. So, that’s maybe 2-3 new characters who aren’t Jean and Xavier. And I’m fine with that, I just want a great X-Mansion. I just don’t want to get my hopes up. But I do hope we see more X-Men sets in the future with comic or ‘97 inspired figures because I really haven’t liked the MCU variants of minifigures and I expect the X-Men will be the same.

43 minuti fa, BrickBob Studpants ha detto:

La perdita del cottage di Biancaneve oggi dimostra che ci possono essere cambiamenti abbastanza significativi tra i preliminari della perdita di indagine e i prodotti finali!:thumbup:

Nice thought! I hadn't seen the set from this perspective, it's very reassuring!

And speaking of the designers' words during the AT reveal, can they be found or is it just the testimony of someone who was present?

2 minuti fa, psqidexslizer ha detto:

Non sono sicuro di chi stai parlando come le due minifigure aggiuntive. L'unica aggiunta che vedo è il Principe.

There is also the witch

3 minuti fa, psqidexslizer ha detto:

La cosa che mi preoccupa della villa degli X-Men è il conteggio dei pezzi. È il meno del museo di storia naturale. Quindi, o la villa usa molti pezzi grandi, o stiamo guardando qualcosa di più piccolo del museo.

Keep in mind that X-Mansion has additional licensing costs, so even if the price is the same there is no way it will be the same size as the museum. It will probably be open on the back as in the preliminary image

16 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Keep in mind that X-Mansion has additional licensing costs, so even if the price is the same there is no way it will be the same size as the museum. It will probably be open on the back as in the preliminary image

I don’t know if the price has been leaked, but the piece count is roughly 1000 less than the museum. So it’s probably the same cost as the museum, if not more.

8 minuti fa, psqidexslizer ha detto:

Non so se il prezzo è trapelato, ma il numero di pezzi è circa 1000 in meno rispetto al museo. Quindi è probabilmente lo stesso costo del museo, se non di più.

The latest update is from Exabricks and says: $299.99 for 3093 pieces

9 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I don’t know if the price has been leaked, but the piece count is roughly 1000 less than the museum. So it’s probably the same cost as the museum, if not more.

Theoretically, the piece count could change, too. Jabba’s Sail Barge is currently rumored to have 3942 pieces, as opposed to the 6500 that was said in the survey. I know the piece count going down isn’t necessary what we’re hoping for with the mansion, but it shows that the original isn’t set in stone. 

1 minute ago, Legocentrico said:

The latest update is from Exabricks and says: $299.99 for 3093 pieces

I was right. Same price as the museum, 1000 pieces less. 🤡 I wonder how much of that is licensing vs large pieces and minifigures.

Just now, Rwbricks said:

Theoretically, the piece count could change, too. Jabba’s Sail Barge is currently rumored to have 3942 pieces, as opposed to the 6500 that was said in the survey. I know the piece count going down isn’t necessary what we’re hoping for with the mansion, but it shows that the original isn’t set in stone. 

The 3093 isn’t from the survey. It was leaked recently.

DreamBuildBricks on Rebrickable did what I was suggesting with the Friends Mansion set and turned it into a more Iron Man themed set with a pallet swap and some changes by combining three sets together (42639: Andrea's Modern Mansion31139: Cozy House and 76216: Iron Man Armory). I'm sure that Lego can do something interesting with the Malibu Mansion if they end up tackling it.

683x680p.png
683x680p.png

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There can be quite significant changes between the survey leak prelims and the final products! :thumbup:

Fingers crossed the X-Men Mansion has some neat features inside, because I don't really want it just to be a facade.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

The 3093 isn’t from the survey. It was leaked recently.

I must have missed that, thanks. It does seem a bit worrying, though. Maybe the mansion is just on one baseplate, as opposed to the museum’s one-and-a-half? This would be the same footprint as the other Marvel modulars, unless the mansion is not as deep as the museum or just a facade. I guess we’ll have to see. 

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

DreamBuildBricks on Rebrickable did what I was suggesting with the Friends Mansion set and turned it into a more Iron Man themed set with a pallet swap and some changes by combining three sets together (42639: Andrea's Modern Mansion31139: Cozy House and 76216: Iron Man Armory). I'm sure that Lego can do something interesting with the Malibu Mansion if they end up tackling it.

683x680p.png
683x680p.png

Fingers crossed the X-Men Mansion has some neat features inside, because I don't really want it just to be a facade.

Usually his stuff is awesome, this one just feels lazy to me. 

Relatively random question, does anyone have any idea what the dimensions of the Milano and the Benatar are? I've been thinking about the logistics of potentially designing minifig scale versions of them, and although they don't look much bigger than most Star Wars freighters, they seem to be canonically enormous. 

Set photos of Devil and Bullseye leaked. I didn't understand the rating of the series, and in any case Lego doesn't cover the series (cmf aside). At least until now. But they absolutely have to give us these characters! Comics versions are also good (Kingpin comics is even better)

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Does anyone have any idea what the dimensions of the Milano and the Benatar are? I've been thinking about the logistics of potentially designing minifig scale versions of them, and although they don't look much bigger than most Star Wars freighters, they seem to be canonically enormous. 

I've provided images of the main core section of the Milano below, hope they are helpful. Some of the schematics give a rough idea of the ships interior compared to the height of a person. In general I'd suggest starting with the cockpit layout and figuring out minifigure scaling for that, using the chairs and schematics as a reference. From there you can move to the lower room as the engines height is about the same as the chairs (As depicted in the photo of the set they used for the film)

I've been unable to find exact scaling for the Milano or Benetar, but this should give a rough idea of if you are try to adapt the Milano.

Spoiler

Milano_Diagram.jpg?format=2500w

Milano_4.jpg?format=2500w

Milano_Plan_1.jpg?format=2500w

Milano_Section_1.jpg?format=2500w

Milano_Section_2.jpg?format=2500w

Milano_Detail_2.jpg?format=2500w

6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Set photos of Devil and Bullseye leaked. I didn't understand the rating of the series, and in any case Lego doesn't cover the series (cmf aside). At least until now. But they absolutely have to give us these characters! Comics versions are also good (Kingpin comics is even better)

It's been confirmed a few times to be TV-MA, and while nothing is ever a guarantee, given that the recent rewrites/reshoots bringing those characters in, alongside

Spoiler

FOGGY AND KAREN!!! Massive W for the fans

, it seems they're moving closer to the original TV-MA show, not away from it. Which means we almost certainly won't get anything, as lego was pretty much tricked into making the echo figure.

I guess if we do end up getting some sort of deadpool 3 representation, it would imply daredevil is possible, but even then, deadpool's a movie that by all indications will be avengers-level importance for the future of the MCU, and Daredevil (hopefully) will be a TV-MA show disconnected from the other MCU shows and projects, so I could see a situation where deadpool squeaks through (I still have my wild conspiracy theory that we'll see PG-13 and R cuts of the movie) but daredevil doesn't get anything. I love the netflix daredevil show, but I get why that won't get any lego sets.

11 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Relatively random question, does anyone have any idea what the dimensions of the Milano and the Benatar are? I've been thinking about the logistics of potentially designing minifig scale versions of them, and although they don't look much bigger than most Star Wars freighters, they seem to be canonically enormous. 

You gotta remember, the interiors are around the same size as the interior of the star wars freighters, but things like the ghost and falcon have interior space over the majority of the ship- almost all the interior space of the Milano and Benatar are in that middle section, with the massive wings on either side. Imagine if the falcon had proportional wings.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It seems they're moving closer to the original TV-MA show, not away from it. Which means we almost certainly won't get anything, as lego was pretty much tricked into making the echo figure.

I could see them doing Kingpin because he was in Echo and may appear in a future film. Daredevil because he was in Spider-man and probably will suit up for Spider-man 4 and/or one of the future Avengers films.

Though I think they'd play it safe and give us comic versions of Kingpin and Daredevil instead until they appear in a non-MA show/film.

We could also see kingpin from ‘Hawkeye’ and Daredevil in the mustard suit from ‘she-hulk’ if they do a new collectible series if they couldn’t do from new show. 
wouldn't be ideal as the red suit Charlie cox is my dream fig - name kinda gives it away. But definitely better than nothing 😂

Edited by DaredevilFan

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I could see them doing Kingpin because he was in Echo and may appear in a future film. Daredevil because he was in Spider-man and probably will suit up for Spider-man 4 and/or one of the future Avengers films.

Though I think they'd play it safe and give us comic versions of Kingpin and Daredevil instead until they appear in a non-MA show/film.

Yeah, but we only seem to get Venomized versions of comic characters, so if we do get them, expect Venomized Kingpin and Venomized Daredevil.

Edited by psqidexslizer

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Yeah, but we only seem to get Venomized versions of comic characters, so if we do get them, expect Venomized Kingpin and Venomized Daredevil.

Carnageized Kingpin, headswap away from "this guy is covered in blood"

(being very non-serious here)

On 2/4/2024 at 3:02 PM, Scarilian said:

If the new status quo of the battle pack is accurate, then it's gone from a guaranteed purchase to an extremely easy pass and a severely concerned view of how Lego is handling battle packs for Marvel. $24.99 with a claimed 135 pieces for four figures is ridiculous. I don't believe its accurate.

HP has what the designer claims is a battle pack (I don't agree): 76432 with two named figures (Ron & Hermione), one large named animal (Buckbeak the hippogriff), one medium unnamed animal (baby thestral) and three small unnamed animals (pixie, spider, bat). The total number of parts according to Brickset is 172, the price is EUR 29.99. Just putting this out there.

On 2/5/2024 at 5:20 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

On the other hand, the final product for the medieval market square has just leaked. It has about the same number of minifigs as the survey leak (eight), though they don't match the survey leak which mentioned a court jester amongst others. More importantly, the only large-ish animal in the final product is a goat when the survey leak ALSO included two sheep, a mother and baby cow, and a horse!

So it can swing both ways.

Edited by brickbride

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

but even then, deadpool's a movie that by all indications will be avengers-level importance for the future of the MCU

That's some really great planning by Marvel Studios. Not.

First, let's introduce the new Big Bad for our cinematic universe in a Disney+ show (admittedly a very good one, but still, a tv show) and in what has to be the worst Marvel movie EVER (Quantumania) - and seriously, what about the box office figures of the previous two Ant-Man movies made them think people would want to watch this one? Even Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was by far the best of the lot AND came out right after Infinity War for a huge box office bonus, doesn't exactly have great box office numbers!

Then you replace the aforementioned Big Bad (which by the way I agree with) and suddenly make an R-rated movie - with a main character even many adult moviegoers would find a bit too much - the new linchpin of your cinematic universe?

Add to that the sliiiiiiight problem that by now, Marvel's retired or killed off nearly all of the characters moviegoers had ANY reason to care about, and replaced them with some B-Listers and a bunch of teenagers - yeah, I really don't think this is going to end well.

Sorry for the movie-centric rant, but I think it does have some bearing on LEGO. We've already seen the downward swing of the MCU reflected in the amount of sets, I think Eternals and Wakanda Forever were the last ones with more than one set each (and I'm sure LEGO's regretting those decisions).

Edited by brickbride

9 hours ago, brickbride said:

So it can swing both ways.

Yeah, it‘s gonna be interesting, that‘s for sure! Now with three finalised sets revealed/leaked, we have an equal number of outcomes:

• A set that‘s almost identical (Sorting Hat)
  • A set that has been expanded with more minifigs, animals, and side builds compared to the prelim (Snow White cottage)
  • A set that had animals and side builds removed (Medieval Town Square)

In case of the X-Mansion, it could go another way by having a completely different model and character roster :laugh_hard: To me, that prelim looked like the prototype for a playset released in 2014, not a D2C set 10 years later. Maybe I‘ll be proven wrong, but I expect significant changes here.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, it‘s gonna be interesting, that‘s for sure! Now with three finalised sets revealed/leaked, we have an equal number of outcomes:

• A set that‘s almost identical (Sorting Hat)
  • A set that has been expanded with more minifigs, animals, and side builds compared to the prelim (Snow White cottage)
  • A set that had animals and side builds removed (Medieval Town Square)

In case of the X-Mansion, it could go another way by having a completely different model and character roster :laugh_hard: To me, that prelim looked like the prototype for a playset released in 2014, not a D2C set 10 years later. Maybe I‘ll be proven wrong, but I expect significant changes here.

It’s gotta be completely different. Lego would have to be crazy to sell that leaked image for $200. No way it’s $300.

I decided to modify the Blackbird (mainly wanted it to seat more X-Men, now it fits 9). Basic rundown: I gutted the inside, changed the design of the hull’s walls, made the hull longer, and widened the wings. Here’s some images if anyone is interested.

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBdnSR