Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

The only thing I don't like... is the hair colour for the ladies. What the heck is up with that light yellow? Why not tan? Looks far more natural. (And, for the yellow-faced purists: tan combines a lot better with classic LEGO minifig faces.)

Do you mean Halloween as in with Michael Myers?

I think that a Michael Myers mask would need to be more plain... just my opinion. These masks look like skelotens and not plain face masks... ok on topic now... I LOVE THE TEMPLE OF DOOM SET!

:devil: alexrider7 :devil:

I think that a Michael Myers mask would need to be more plain... just my opinion. These masks look like skelotens and not plain face masks... ok on topic now... I LOVE THE TEMPLE OF DOOM SET!

:devil: alexrider7 :devil:

Yeah, those look nothing like Michael, I was just wondering what he mean't by 'Halloween.'

Anyway, it seems like we've been waiting for forever for these sets to come out. Maybe I'm just impatient, like OCD isn't bad enough....

Anyway, I think all of these sets look pretty awesome so far, but I like the Temple of Doom best.

Jedi news brought us the first info about the SW and Indy sets of 2009, and as far as I know all of it was true so far. They spoke about 8 Indy sets, 2 in january, 6 later this year. I count 7 so far, so there should be an exclusive s&h release in autumn, as far as we know TLC. Only exceptions are that jedi News was wrong about the number (what I doubt since it was alright so far) or that TLC cut it down to fewer sets in a later decision (what I doubt, since they stated in their annual report that Indy sold very well). So what do you think? ( I am carefully optimistic.. :classic: )

Zzz out.

Jedi news brought us the first info about the SW and Indy sets of 2009, and as far as I know all of it was true so far. They spoke about 8 Indy sets, 2 in january, 6 later this year. I count 7 so far, so there should be an exclusive s&h release in autumn, as far as we know TLC. Only exceptions are that jedi News was wrong about the number (what I doubt since it was alright so far) or that TLC cut it down to fewer sets in a later decision (what I doubt, since they stated in their annual report that Indy sold very well). So what do you think? ( I am carefully optimistic.. :classic: )

Zzz out.

Nice opinion!

I think it's right what you're talking about, because last year we got an exklusive set, too (7628).

And maybe we will get another from the SDCC, who knows....

Hope it's a really great one :cry_happy:!

Greetings 'Bricks'

We should get a Brickmaster set and a ToysRUs or S@H exclusive. If there is a Comic Con exclusive, I would expect it to be something that most fans could live without like last year.

Those sets look pretty awsome I'll admit the plane one is my favorite but i like the others

We need some new figs like Toht

Ive always wanted a lego toht and hopefully the lego company makes him with a trench coat

Ive also wanted a col vogel

Ive always wanted a lego Toht and hopefully the lego company makes him with a trench coat.

Ive also wanted a Col. Vogel.

It really is not that hard to make a Major Toht minifig. Just use the legs, torso, and fedora from one of the 'villians' in the Shanghai Chase set and an old Doc Ock. minifig's face.

And personally, I would love a Colonel Vogel minifig, especially if he came with a relatively minifig-scaled Zeppelin.

Thanks for the vid-share Oby. Venice Chase has a lot more features than I thought, definitely a must-by more than ever!

Temple of doom also has great stuff, can't wait to get that one for sure!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I'm looking forward to these sets, as well. I just hope they release more track that goes with the nice pieces from the Temple of Doom set sometime. I could use some of the rails from the Dwarves Mine to add straight sections, but I think they are the wrong color.

Yay for the videos! They gave such good close-ups on the sets.

Especially the Venice Chase came up in a totally different light to me after seeing the video with all of it's action elements features. I previously thought that it was just four minifigs, two boats and a bridge, but now I see there's an exploding pier and a sewer manhole (hope they replace the lid, though) as well. The set is a must get, though it's still pricey.

Did anyone notice that in the Venice Chase video, they're both in the wrong boats? In the movie, Indy's boat's engine explodes, and Kazim's boat gets chopped in half by the propeller, but they had them backwards. :tongue:

Did anyone notice that in the Venice Chase video, they're both in the wrong boats? In the movie, Indy's boat's engine explodes, and Kazim's boat gets chopped in half by the propeller, but they had them backwards. :tongue:

Does it really matter that much? I'm just glad we got this set, I couldn't care less that they had the boats mixed up in some internet video...

:laugh: True. Seeing as they were trying to recreate the scene, this is quite a "FAIL". :tongue:

Does it really matter that much? I'm just glad we got this set, I couldn't care less that they had the boats mixed up in some internet video...

Of course it doesn't. :hmpf: He was just pointing it out; he never said it mattered.

Either way, this looks like an excellent set! :thumbup: I'm astounded by how many "explosion" techniques TLG came up with this year! But it's still a bit overpriced, so I'll wait for a sale to get it.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I'm going to call you "The Over-Reactor" from now on, because you seem to take simple posts way too seriously. I prescribe a chill-pill and early night's sleep.

Anyway, good notice Tinn-Man, I'm surprised I didn't see that. Either way I can't wait to get this set, but i really hope it is the price I think it is, 50-60 AU.

Batbirck Away! :devil:

I have been thinking about the sixth set in the summer release. Everything looks great so far but I've noticed in 2009 2 sets from each film are being made except for crystal skull where we just got one set. Perhaps the sixth exclusive set will be from crystal skull. I'm hoping for area 51 or the diner scene.

Edited by legoindy01

Hi from Canada. My little son is a big fan of Indiana Jones....and me too !!! I buyed these LEGO Indiana Jones playsets for him ( ..and maybe for me !!! ). I'm very impatient to see his face when he will receive this surprise !!!

I will surely play with him. I will put my own Indiana Jones hat !!! Ha Ha Ha !!!

LEGO 7621 Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb

lego.jpg

LEGO 7623 Indiana Jones Temple Escape

lego2.jpg

LEGO 7626 Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter

lego3.jpg

LEGO 7627 Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull

lego4.jpg

LEGO 7625 Indiana Jones River Chase

lego5.jpg

I invite you to my collectibles and action figures site. Tons of figures collectibles links !!!

Link removed.

Advertising banner removed.

I hope you will enjoy and find something new !!!

Edited by WhiteFang
Commerical content are removed.

Welcome to Eurobricks. I hope your son (and you :classic:) have a fun time with the Legos!

Sorry, but your link doesn't work.

it worked for me...

Edited by computerbug