Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

"LEGO Timelines" Book to be Released in September 2024

"LEGO Timelines" by Simon Hugo, published by DK Children will retail for US$35 and be available 3 September, 2024.

More detailed information can be found here.

Here are some preliminary page layouts:

lego-timelines-2024-cover-simon-hugo-dk.jpg

lego-timelines-2024-pirate-treasure-trailsimon-hugo-dk.jpg

It's great to see Pirates recognized as being one of the first themes with a storyline, named characters, and a multimedia narrative, with the storybooks and audio dramas getting a mention. That full acknowledgement doesn't happen often in these books. Very excited to read this.

As a side note, I kinda suspect that it's the discussion about the pirate storyline here on this forum (probably other places too) over the years that has kept some of these stories from falling back into obscurity and led to their inclusion in this book. A win for everyone here!

This is definitely a release-day purchase for me! Looking forward to the book as a whole, the Pirates section should be very good though!

Looks like an interesting book, especially to somewhat see officially what LEGO will consider under Pirates, Space and Castle after the 2000s, for Pirates it's quite clear as there's basicly 2009 , 2010 Imperial Flagship, 2015 , then 2020 Barracuda Bay , until current, but Castle and Space had more splitoffs.

While the overall design of the page shown above looks great, there is one small detail that irks me. The shadows they added look just about okay for a minfig but when a ships's rigging and strings are basically doubled it looks rather strange.

20 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

While the overall design of the page shown above looks great, there is one small detail that irks me. The shadows they added look just about okay for a minfig but when a ships's rigging and strings are basically doubled it looks rather strange.

Good catch!

On 1/10/2024 at 10:02 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

It should be noted that those pages are just preliminary designs and the published pages may look different.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:17 PM, Mister Phes said:

"LEGO Timelines" by Simon Hugo, published by DK Children will retail for US$35 and be available 3 September, 2024.

More detailed information can be found here.

Here are some preliminary page layouts:

lego-timelines-2024-cover-simon-hugo-dk.jpg

lego-timelines-2024-pirate-treasure-trailsimon-hugo-dk.jpg

For those interested in delving into LEGO's evolution and impact, this book seems like a must-have addition to the collection. Whether you're a seasoned builder or a newcomer to the LEGO world, the blend of history and creativity in "LEGO Timelines" is bound to offer insights and inspiration. For further reading on intriguing topics, you might want to check out EduBirdie's https://edubirdie.com/examples/death-penalty/ examples on the death penalty. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy in September 2024!

Nice find! "LEGO Timelines" looks like it's going to be a cool book. I'm liking the layout previews too, they give a good glimpse of what to expect. Can't wait to see the final product when it comes out in September 2024! Thanks for sharing the info and the sneak peek at the page layouts.

Edited by Barry_Smith