Sign in to follow this  
Francis Marion

I have a castle!

Yesterday, I went to the LEGO Store in Chandler, AZ, and bought 7094 King's Castle Siege and 7029 Skeleton Ship Attack, and spent most of the afternoon yesterday assembling them, but stopped at midnight and finished building the Skeleton Ship this morning. I think those are the first "large" sets I've ever gotten, that is if the Troll Battle Wheel is counted as medium. To supplement my castle, I bought some stuff from the Pick-A-Brick wall, including some pieces to connect two 48 x 48 stud baseplates I have together. Also, this morning, I've retooled a pirate ship I built a few months ago to be a ship to combat the skeletons with for the knights and a few very seasick dwarves. To sum it all up, I've had a very busy past 24 hours.

Sounds pretty sweet. Maybe you could show us a picture of what you did. I wish I got more big sets.

Sounds pretty sweet. Maybe you could show us a picture of what you did. I wish I got more big sets.

I will, but I first have to find the camera...

Waah, I want those two sets too! :cry_sad: I just have to magically whip up an extra 200€ for them somewhere... Sigh.

But congratulations on the great purchases! Hope you have fun with the sets, and may them help you make many a MOCs! :wink:

Waah, I want those two sets too! :cry_sad: I just have to magically whip up an extra 200€ for them somewhere... Sigh.

But congratulations on the great purchases! Hope you have fun with the sets, and may them help you make many a MOCs! :wink:

Thanks, I am actually having fun with them, and I have three MOCs in the process right now, one of which I was working on before typing this.

Congrats and enjoy!

God Bless,

Nathan

Hey! I was there yesterday too hmmm

I was disappointed that they didn't have some of the sets I wanted :hmpf_bad: . ha ha i was wearing a black t shirt and a hat. Thats really cool that you got your first castle!

It would be nice if you could post some pictures of them.

Hooray, another soldier in the Castle army! (Eh, I couldn't think of a better line...)

Congrats on getting those sets though, they're two truly great ones. I'd like to see that ship of yours... :wink:

~Peace

I've taken pictures of my ship, which I've christened the Crown Jewel. Sadly, I am not having much luck uploading them to my computer, and I recently lost one of the sails, so it only has a topsail on its one mast.

Another note, I got the Skeleton Ship Attack on sale at 50 USD

Congrats on getting your first castle but please be careful. Once you start you carnt stop........i have 65 of them now.

Here I am, a week later...

1. I've expanded the besieging army by four skeletons which I found in a small box that went missing last summer.

2. I've photographed most of the castle, the Crown Jewel, and even a battle between the "Jewel" and the skeleton ship.

3. I've made something of a primitive speargun, known as the "Dwarven Spear Cannon," which is being put to use to defend my castle.

4. I can't upload any of the pictures... :hmpf_bad:

I can't upload any of the pictures... :hmpf_bad:

Do you mean you can't transfer them to the computer, or you can't upload them to the internet?

Because if it's the latter, I highly recommend Photobucket.com, which I myself use. It's totally free with infinite space, never deletes your pictures, you can easily transfer your pictures into it straight from your computer files, and you can edit and resize the pictures in the site. Plus it's very simple and easy to use. :wink:

But if you mean you can't transfer the pictures from your camera to your computer, then I can't help you. I think you need a certain device that I don't know what it is called. The camera I use is owned by my boyfriend, as is the aforementioned device, so I'm totally dependent on him when it comes to these things. :tongue:

Edited by Sandy

Do you mean you can't transfer them to the computer, or you can't upload them to the internet?

Because if it's the latter, I highly recommend Photobucket.com, which I myself use. It's totally free with infinite space, never deletes your pictures, you can easily transfer your pictures into it straight from your computer files, and you can edit and resize the pictures in the site. Plus it's very simple and easy to use. :wink:

But if you mean you can't transfer the pictures from your camera to your computer, then I can't help you. I think you need a certain device that I don't know what it is called. The camera I use is owned by my boyfriend, as is the aforementioned device, so I'm totally dependent on him when it comes to these things. :tongue:

Actually, I couldn't get them onto my computer, but it worked today, and I'm trying to get some of the photos into a brickshelf folder...

Congrats on getting your first castle but please be careful. Once you start you carnt stop........i have 65 of them now.

I thought I was on a roll at 6 Kings Castle Sieges and 4 Royal Knights castles.... Man, where do you find the money?

Glad to know we have another Castle builder around... :wink:

I thought I was on a roll at 6 Kings Castle Sieges and 4 Royal Knights castles.... Man, where do you find the money?

I have to ask the same thing. :tongue:

I have zero castles in my collection, unless you count the Wolf Pack Drawbridge. :sceptic:

But soon... I've promised to make a Harry Potter-themed LEGO comic for the christmas calendar of my boyfriend's HP-fansite (I'm not the only geek in our relationship), and he has promised to buy me loads of Harry Potter-sets for that (most likely including a few Hogwarts sets). I couldn't love him more! :wub:

I'd also love to get my hands on King's Castle Siege or some other classic castle, but I'm short of money right now. :hmpf:

I have to ask the same thing. :tongue:

I have zero castles in my collection, unless you count the Wolf Pack Drawbridge. :sceptic:

But soon... I've promised to make a Harry Potter-themed LEGO comic for the christmas calendar of my boyfriend's HP-fansite (I'm not the only geek in our relationship), and he has promised to buy me loads of Harry Potter-sets for that (most likely including a few Hogwarts sets). I couldn't love him more! :wub:

I'd also love to get my hands on King's Castle Siege or some other classic castle, but I'm short of money right now. :hmpf:

Lucky you! :thumbup:

I'm not such a big fan of HP except it has some good parts...

King's castle siege is a great set, although I've never built it :laugh:

My cash comes from the bonus I just got, so I'm on a spree... Until my money runs out... today. :oh:

I plan to take pictures of my castle sometime tomorrow after my floor gets picked up a bit :wacko: .

Also, I'm heading to San Diego on Friday, and I'm going to go to Legoland on Saturday, so I hope to add to my collection at that time. Last year when I went (also in the summer, but about a month earlier) to Legoland, I picked up my first castle set, The Final Joust, and that is practically where my obsession started...

Glad to know we have another Castle builder around... :wink:

Well....i studied very hard and now i work even harder. I was able to buy 50 Black Falcon castles rather cheaply to build up a 300+ falcon army and to have enough parts to build a large custom castle. There is one castle that is my center piece....the yellow castle.

P.s.....i just bought my 8th dwarfs mine.