Murdoch17

Linus, The Brave Locomotive - 2-4-0 steam loco MOC based on an animated short

Meet Linus, the Brave Locomotive from Andrew Chatsworth's "The Brave Locomotive" animation on YouTube. I decided to make this 2-4-0 out of LEGO after watching the short over and over, as it's an inspiring tale and very well done animation-wise. (Shout out to Peter, a friend of mine who showed me the short in the first place!)

53336526681_222207612d_z.jpg

I did make some changes to Linus' design, such as adding a number to his tender and cab. (He's become engine No. 2, in case you were wondering) I also borrowed heavily from the 2019 Disney train and 2010 Toy Story Western Train Chase sets. In fact, the Toy Story loco is engine number 1 on my railroad.

53335652897_1e3652370d_z.jpg

The rear of the steamer. (handrail parts and some printed tiles are missing in LDD) Linus' engineer from the animated short, Henry, will be built as well at some point too. (probably by using most of the CMF series 25 train-suit kid figure)

53338164869_f2233397ef_z.jpg

The whole train together. Once Linus is built in the real world, he will be added to my Conjunction Junction train, which also has Katy Caboose (from the book 'The Caboose Who Got Loose', and heavily inspired by a @zephyr1934 MOC.) featured as well.

Fun fact: This is almost a Disney train - Linus from "The Brave Locomotive" was started by Disney animator Andrew Chatsworth before he got hired, Bill Peet wrote "The Caboose who Got Loose" some years after being let go from Disney, and Conjunction Junction (part of "School House Rock!" educational TV series) was created by ABC, which is now owned by Disney.

Thoughts?

On 11/17/2023 at 1:31 PM, JopieK said:

Great locomotive and train @Murdoch17.

13 hours ago, Lion King said:

Not bad

Thanks for your kind comments @JopieK and @Lion King!

Slight update: I just placed the three Bricklink orders for 99.8% of Linus today, except for the smokestack top / Belleville bucket in black (it comes in the Orient Express set that isn't out yet) and two wheels for the tender that I'm gonna procure from another place. I also found about 200 parts out of the original 373 from my own collection.

Edited by Murdoch17