800x600.jpegI finally got the BMW M4 GT3 complete, with a few of my own modifications and ‘Lime’ work-arounds. I’m pleased with the final result using genuine Lego parts (except rims) and the nice sweeping lines off the front wheel arches over the roof, down to the rear wing. Ended up running with the Lime coloured roof, replacing my original Black roof.
800x600.jpeg
An aerial was also added to the centre of the roof and the wing mirrors are mounted off the doors.

800x600.jpeg
I went with a single right-hand mounted exhaust and muffler, on the left-hand bulkhead there are two fluid containers. Made a change to the location of the headlights, moving inner and outer headlights in one stud each. Subtle M-Sport colours blended into the grille.

800x600.jpeg
One of the panel changes that had to be made in the rear section of the body over the wheel arch was replacing the original 3x7 Curved Panels (no Lime) and #6/#7 Panels - using a combination of 3x11 Curved Panels and #1/#2 Panels instead.

800x600.jpeg
The rear taillights have additional Trans-Clear Plates incorporated into taillights similar to the actual M4. Tow hooks changed to Red, an expensive alternative to Blue, but they are more correct. Also a safety taillight added just below centre BMW badge. The exhaust assembly behind the right-hand wheel arch was built with 2x2 Round Fluted Bricks and finished off with a 2x2 Barrel.

800x600.jpeg
Behind the front wheel arch the are small Fence Panels for vents.

800x600.jpeg
Rear mounted strut brace added alongside a simple roll cage structure, cross brace behind the seats and singular supports by the ‘A’ Pillars. The HOG is mounted through the White Lift-arm.

800x600.jpeg
Although they are not the same scale, the M4 GT3 and M1000 RR look fantastic together on the shelf. Both are built in Lime with similar contrasting Blue brake calipers, Light-Bluish Grey accents and sporting minimal decals. Thanks @Lox Lego for another awesome car!

Edited by LegoHoops
Grammar

@LegoHoops Looks great! Congrats on a successful colour swap. Was curious to see how you’d work around some of the missing panels, but you wouldn’t tell they were missing with the result of the finished model. Looks epic next to the bike as well :thumbup:

On 11/26/2023 at 4:18 PM, LegoHoops said:

I finally got the BMW M4 GT3 complete, with a few of my own modifications and ‘Lime’ work-arounds. I’m pleased with the final result using genuine Lego parts (except rims) and the nice sweeping lines off the front wheel arches over the roof, down to the rear wing. Ended up running with the Lime coloured roof, replacing my original Black roof.

An aerial was also added to the centre of the roof and the wing mirrors are mounted off the doors.

I went with a single right-hand mounted exhaust and muffler, on the left-hand bulkhead there are two fluid containers. Made a change to the location of the headlights, moving inner and outer headlights in one stud each. Subtle M-Sport colours blended into the grille.

One of the panel changes that had to be made in the rear section of the body over the wheel arch was replacing the original 3x7 Curved Panels (no Lime) and #6/#7 Panels - using a combination of 3x11 Curved Panels and #1/#2 Panels instead.

The rear taillights have additional Trans-Clear Plates incorporated into taillights similar to the actual M4. Tow hooks changed to Red, an expensive alternative to Blue, but they are more correct. Also a safety taillight added just below centre BMW badge. The exhaust assembly behind the right-hand wheel arch was built with 2x2 Round Fluted Bricks and finished off with a 2x2 Barrel.

Behind the front wheel arch the are small Fence Panels for vents.

Rear mounted strut brace added alongside a simple roll cage structure, cross brace behind the seats and singular supports by the ‘A’ Pillars. The HOG is mounted through the White Lift-arm.

Although they are not the same scale, the M4 GT3 and M1000 RR look fantastic together on the shelf. Both are built in Lime with similar contrasting Blue brake calipers, Light-Bluish Grey accents and sporting minimal decals. Thanks @Lox Lego for another awesome car!

I love all the mods you did with the Lime version! I didn't realize how easy the swap is with the availability of the new Lime panels! 

You have inspired me to make some mods to Lime as well, I will try and get a part list together so others can build it too!

53370846861_ba896564d5_b.jpgSlow transformation…. by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Hi all! I have taken some cues from @LegoHoops with this fully Lime modified BMW M4 GT3. I love what he did with the rear lights, so I've changed those to have trans clear integrated. This required new instructions and part list to bring the lime version to life due to the limited pcs. Thanks to the new Lego Lamborghini Huracan 42161-1 many of the new panels are avail with this set.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-167189/Loxlego/bmw-m4-gt3-lime-version/#details 

53386771164_2b85014d63_b.jpgFull Lego Lime BMW M4 GT3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

53385543752_31a8469287_b.jpgFull Lego Lime BMW M4 GT3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

53386990035_6df141a3b0_b.jpgFull Lego Lime BMW M4 GT3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

53386990025_75e27d004e_b.jpgFull Lego Lime BMW M4 GT3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

53386738543_679ec58d89_b.jpgFull Lego Lime BMW M4 GT3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr