TheBrickPal

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I built my Nook's Cranny and Rosie's house, Fauna's house, and Bunnie's outdoor activities last night, and I am just loving them! Amazing job on LEGO's part!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

[…] and I am just loving them! Amazing job on LEGO's part!

Couldn’t agree more! They did such a good job with these sets :wub: Everything looks just like in the game, they managed to incorporate things like items falling out of the trees and bell rocks in clever ways, the minifigs are stellar, and everything is printed! The Fabuland vibes I’m getting are very strong too :laugh:

The only drawbacks are the low number of minifigs per set and the lack of player characters. Other than that, this is a fantastic start to this theme! :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Couldn’t agree more! They did such a good job with these sets :wub: Everything looks just like in the game, they managed to incorporate things like items falling out of the trees and bell rocks in clever ways, the minifigs are stellar, and everything is printed! The Fabuland vibes I’m getting are very strong too :laugh:

The only drawbacks are the low number of minifigs per set and the lack of player characters. Other than that, this is a fantastic start to this theme! :thumbup:

100%.

I know the sets might look basic and the figures cartoony/oddly proportioned to some, but that's the charm of Animal Crossing in the first place!

I certainly think that more characters would have been nice. I know we'll likely get some in the summer sets, so it'd be nice to finish the personality types, and they can be done without new moulds.

We've got smug represented by Marshal and Julian. Fauna is "normal", Bunnie is Peppy, as is Rosie.

That leaves Lazy, Cranky, Jock, Snooty and "Big Sister" not represented yet. but there are characters that can reuse moulding.

Stitches is a popular lazy character, and can easily reuse Maples head. Tom and Kabuki are cranky Cats, so Rosie's head piece is there. Snake and Kit are Jock squirrels, so Marshall.

Snooty has Ankha the Cat and Diana the deer, whilst Big Sister has Mira the Rabbit and Fuchisa the deer.

Francine and Chrissy are seen on printed tile, as is K. K. Slider so I'll think we'll get these as only K. K. needs a new head mould.

4 hours ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

I certainly think that more characters would have been nice. I know we'll likely get some in the summer sets, so it'd be nice to finish the personality types, and they can be done without new moulds.

9 New figs in one wave isn’t that bad compared to the 4 New figs in Sonic’s first wave. 

Crazy how, in just a day and a half, all of these sets are on a 60 day backorder from lego.com!  I'm sure that stinks for people who want to get their hands on them (I'm a part of that, at least for the Fauna/Isabelle set), but I hope that it also shows Lego just how popular and profitable this theme can be. Keep them coming, Lego!

As far as who we get next... Hard to say! I think trying to guess based on the personality types won't work, though - they weren't exactly evenly spread for the first wave, and other themes (like D&D or Star Wars imperial officers) don't have all of their "variants" covered as a priority, either. I also imagine that we will continue to get new molds in addition to reused ones, so we're not necessarily locked to just getting cubs/squirrels/rabbits/deer/cats in the next wave. Heck, Julian is probably a one-off mold anyways, since the other horses don't have his signature horn!

I'm also not sure what the two August sets will be, at 292 and 550 pieces. I think the bigger one will be with Able Sisters or the Museum, to be a companion to Tom Nook's. The smaller 292 piece set could be anything, though. 

Just give me a January minifigure series for Animal Crossing, and I'll be estatic!

8 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Crazy how, in just a day and a half, all of these sets are on a 60 day backorder from lego.com!  I'm sure that stinks for people who want to get their hands on them (I'm a part of that, at least for the Fauna/Isabelle set), but I hope that it also shows Lego just how popular and profitable this theme can be. Keep them coming, Lego!

As far as who we get next... Hard to say! I think trying to guess based on the personality types won't work, though - they weren't exactly evenly spread for the first wave, and other themes (like D&D or Star Wars imperial officers) don't have all of their "variants" covered as a priority, either. I also imagine that we will continue to get new molds in addition to reused ones, so we're not necessarily locked to just getting cubs/squirrels/rabbits/deer/cats in the next wave. Heck, Julian is probably a one-off mold anyways, since the other horses don't have his signature horn!

I'm also not sure what the two August sets will be, at 292 and 550 pieces. I think the bigger one will be with Able Sisters or the Museum, to be a companion to Tom Nook's. The smaller 292 piece set could be anything, though. 

Just give me a January minifigure series for Animal Crossing, and I'll be estatic!

Now imagine how crazy would be that LEGO released Fortnite sets at the same time they announced their collaboration with epic games

13 hours ago, bRICK99 said:

9 New figs in one wave isn’t that bad compared to the 4 New figs in Sonic’s first wave. 

True, but Sonic at least received Badniks to bulk out characters.

Personally I think I was just hoping for more than two figures in the theme's largest set. Whilst Sonic was similar, they just felt a big better value and I'm saying this as a fan of both.

Availability is pretty spotty here in the UK - some stores have the sets in stock, some - including my local - don't.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:03 PM, bRICK99 said:

I’d assume the first 3 waves would be NH based since they can do all the buildings from the game. 

Switch 2 is coming soon and with it comes a New Animal Crossing game. So LEGO shouldn’t be too dependent on the game for too long. 

TBH haven't they been saying that the switch 2 ( or initially the switch pro) is definitely coming next year for the last 4 years? I know Nintendo are gonna make another console eventually but I'm not gonna believe these rumours, I'll wait till I see something official from Nintendo. ( and frankly I hope it's not too soon).

1 hour ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Availability is pretty spotty here in the UK - some stores have the sets in stock, some - including my local - don't.

I don't know where you are in the UK but I was in Smyth's yesterday and they still had all of them in stock and some of the new  sets were at slightly below RRP too.

34 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I don't know you are in the UK but I was in Smyth's yesterday and they still had all of them in stock and some of the new  sets were at slightly below RRP too.

I'm in Northampton. You?

4 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

I'm in Northampton. You?

Bristol so not very close then, but maybe other Smyth's will still have them in stock.

9 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

TBH haven't they been saying that the switch 2 ( or initially the switch pro) is definitely coming next year for the last 4 years? I know Nintendo are gonna make another console eventually but I'm not gonna believe these rumours, I'll wait till I see something official from Nintendo. ( and frankly I hope it's not too soon). 

Boxes and theme logo have the classic “ generic” Animal Crossing title and not the New Horizons one. So even if a new switch isn’t coming they could still use past games as references for buildings and characters. 

12 hours ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

True, but Sonic at least received Badniks to bulk out characters.

Personally I think I was just hoping for more than two figures in the theme's largest set. Whilst Sonic was similar, they just felt a big better value and I'm saying this as a fan of both.

If we had a similar situation to the largest Sonic set then all 4 figs included in the Nooks cranny would be reused from other sets. 

9 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Brickset has listed Fauna's House as a promotional set. The nature of that promotion will likely be revealed in time.

I think it's this one. Make & Take event for Lego stores.

While it’s hard to predict what they’ll do with the summer sets, I think it’s pretty likely KK will be included in one of them. He’s the most iconic AC character next to Tom and Isabelle, and so it’d be weird not to have him in the theme’s first year :laugh:

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While it’s hard to predict what they’ll do with the summer sets, I think it’s pretty likely KK will be included in one of them. He’s the most iconic AC character next to Tom and Isabelle, and so it’d be weird not to have him in the theme’s first year :laugh:

I reckon we'll get him, hopefully in a set based on either Resident Services.

With 77052 thought to be 550 parts, I can't see it not being that or the Museum.

Was out and about today, and literally nowhere had these sets in stock. Are they a limited release or something? Seriously.

47 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Was out and about today, and literally nowhere had these sets in stock. Are they a limited release or something? Seriously.

Nope they are just super popular that LEGO can’t keep up with demand. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bRICK99 said:

Nope they are just super popular that LEGO can’t keep up with demand. 

From the evidence I gathered, shops in my area haven't even received deliveries; the sets are still listed as "expected on 1 March".

And I tell somewhat of a lie: Smyths did have a couple of copies of the Julian set, but that was it.

EDIT: Smyths have just now received over fifteen copies of the Isabelle set! Better late than never...

Edited by Maaboo the Witch

My first Animal Crossing sets came in (Nook's Cranny and the Maple polybag). Sadly while it was listed as available when I placed the order the Isabelle set is backordered now so might be a little longer.

I've started by building the little polybag and it's very cute! Maple looks fantastic—I hope we maybe get characters like Bluebear, Cheri, or Stitches using the same head mold.

23 hours ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

I reckon we'll get him, hopefully in a set based on either Resident Services.

With 77052 thought to be 550 parts, I can't see it not being that or the Museum.

I feel like 77052 will be Resident Services since it’s more logical for KK to appear in that set over the museum. 

My only concern with the Museum is how will they portray Brewster’s and the other bird villagers arms. 

Would they reuse the chicken feather arms mold or make a new one? Or will they give them normal hands that way characters like Brewster can hold things like coffee cups.