TheBrickPal

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

44 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

everyones asking when were gonna get resident services and the other missing buildings, but what I want is if were gonna get stuff from other games like Reese's thrift shop from new leaf, or nooks cranny from really any of the other games. 

Nook's Cranny is one of the sets being released in March.

1 hour ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Nook's Cranny is one of the sets being released in March.

I think they meant the versions of Nook’s Cranny from other games. 

2 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

everyones asking when were gonna get resident services and the other missing buildings, but what I want is if were gonna get stuff from other games like Reese's thrift shop from new leaf, or nooks cranny from really any of the other games. 

I would love for the theme to reference other games since it opens the door for more buildings and characters. 

The only reference to past games so far has been Isabelle’s New Leaf design and Fauna’s New Leaf design. 

I hope we see designs of buildings from past games, too. New Horizons just doesn’t have as many locations, so I’m sure they’ll draw on past games to give minifigs more context in sets.

But I imagine the big concern from LEGO/Nintendo is that New Horizons is by far the most iconic version to the casual audience who would impulse buy sets. NH sold 30 million+ more copies than the previous highest-selling game (New Leaf).

So, they’ll probably stick to NH more than any other game design.

58 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

I hope we see designs of buildings from past games, too. New Horizons just doesn’t have as many locations, so I’m sure they’ll draw on past games to give minifigs more context in sets.

But I imagine the big concern from LEGO/Nintendo is that New Horizons is by far the most iconic version to the casual audience who would impulse buy sets. NH sold 30 million+ more copies than the previous highest-selling game (New Leaf).

So, they’ll probably stick to NH more than any other game design.

I’d assume the first 3 waves would be NH based since they can do all the buildings from the game. 

Switch 2 is coming soon and with it comes a New Animal Crossing game. So LEGO shouldn’t be too dependent on the game for too long. 

On 1/23/2024 at 9:03 PM, bRICK99 said:

Switch 2 is coming soon and with it comes a New Animal Crossing game. So LEGO shouldn’t be too dependent on the game for too long. 

Depends. NH was released three years after the Switch had launched. Then again, the sales were so outstanding I wouldn’t be surprised if a new one came out a lot earlier in the Switch successor’s lifecycle :shrug_oh_well:

Either way, there’s plenty of ground for the theme to cover! Personally, one of the things I’m hoping for the most is Redd’s ship. No idea if it’s just me, but he’s one of my favourite characters in the games, and his ship from NH could make for a really cool set! Especially if it includes some artwork.

Speaking of which: imagine them releasing the real-life paintings as collectible printed tiles! :wub: Those would be incredible and super useful, even outside of the AC theme!

Lot's of reviews are finally popping up, and the sets look better the more of them I see! Ended up preordering the two largest sets plus Bunnie's outdoor activities, which is far more than I planned (though at least for a bit less than LEGO sells them for), but damn am I excited to have them in person. Can't wait to hear what the two August sets are.

25 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Can't wait to hear what the two August sets are.

Two things are very likely:

• Maple being included. I don’t believe even for a second she’ll stay exlusive to that polybag :laugh: It’s not 2014 anymore!
  • A peach tree being featured. I highly doubt they coincidentally released a new moulded peach in the same year the AC theme gets introduced.

Other than that, no idea! I hope for something KK-related though. Would be kinda weird not to have him in the first year!

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I highly doubt they coincidentally released a new moulded peach in the same year the AC theme gets introduced.

I don't think I've seen this new piece; what set/s is it in?

Just now, AD_Bricks said:

I don't think I've seen this new piece; what set/s is it in?

It’s included in two Monkie Kid sets plus the Lunar New Year restaurant :classic:

6489399.jpg

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s included in two Monkie Kid sets plus the Lunar New Year restaurant :classic:

Certainly... interesting looking. Doesn't scream "peach" to me. I'd personally rather they use printed 1x1 heart tiles like they did in some of the older Monkie Kid sets.

8 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Certainly... interesting looking. Doesn't scream "peach" to me. I'd personally rather they use printed 1x1 heart tiles like they did in some of the older Monkie Kid sets.

It does look better on other pictures and in person though! :laugh:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It does look better on other pictures and in person though! :laugh:

Good to know. Thanks for the help!

Just a few days until these release! I'm feeling pretty excited.

Part of me is tempted to get the Isabelle/Fauna set and the Bunnie set on release day from Lego.com, which (if the rumors are true) would be enough to hit the threshold to get a free Maple polybag (and a Friends bag). The Isabelle/Fauna set feels like the best "bang for your buck" set in the wave for me, and I like the Bunnie set the most out of the smaller sets. I'm not really interested in the Julian set (maybe I'll get the minifig if I can find him cheap), and I'm not quite feeling the Marshall/Kapp'n set (Either a sale, or maybe get the minifigs separate). I do like the Tom Nook/Rosie set, but it also feels expensive compared to the others... Maybe I can find it on a sale, or do some trades with my Bricks & Minifigs to bring down the price a bit.

Anyone else have any "buying plans" for these?

The Isabelle/Fauna set definitely seems like a good one to start with. I'm hoping to get most of these eventually.

6 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Just a few days until these release! I'm feeling pretty excited.

Part of me is tempted to get the Isabelle/Fauna set and the Bunnie set on release day from Lego.com, which (if the rumors are true) would be enough to hit the threshold to get a free Maple polybag (and a Friends bag). The Isabelle/Fauna set feels like the best "bang for your buck" set in the wave for me, and I like the Bunnie set the most out of the smaller sets. I'm not really interested in the Julian set (maybe I'll get the minifig if I can find him cheap), and I'm not quite feeling the Marshall/Kapp'n set (Either a sale, or maybe get the minifigs separate). I do like the Tom Nook/Rosie set, but it also feels expensive compared to the others... Maybe I can find it on a sale, or do some trades with my Bricks & Minifigs to bring down the price a bit.

Anyone else have any "buying plans" for these?

wait whats the rumored threshold?

11 hours ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

wait whats the rumored threshold?

$50/45 Euros on Friends, Animal Crossing, Creator, City or Dreamzzz to get both of the polybag (The Friends polybag is 30635)

Additionally, there's a second GWP, a mini flower shop, that can be earned with $200/170 Euros, any category.

Both of these will go from the 1st to the 10th, depending on stock.

After seeing a bunch of reviews I'm sold on these sets. Even though they're rather simple they're so charming and I'm in love with the minifigures! I plan on buying the whole wave this weekend. This theme definitely could benefit from a minifigure series since there's so many characters and basically each requires a new mold. Hope that's something they consider in the future.

1 minute ago, EdWebhead said:

This theme definitely could benefit from a minifigure series since there's so many characters and basically each requires a new mold. Hope that's something they consider in the future.

I wouldn‘t say no to such a series, but I also don‘t think it‘s really necessary. The theme seems to have a decent budget, so they should be able to introduce quite a few new head pieces each year without having to rely on a CMF series :laugh:

57 minutes ago, EdWebhead said:

After seeing a bunch of reviews I'm sold on these sets. Even though they're rather simple they're so charming and I'm in love with the minifigures! I plan on buying the whole wave this weekend. This theme definitely could benefit from a minifigure series since there's so many characters and basically each requires a new mold. Hope that's something they consider in the future.

I wouldn't necessarily say each needs a new mold—a lot of villager characters are pretty much the same shape—but there's definitely a lot that could use unique molds. Them including Julian (the only unicorn character) gives me hope they won't shy away from special villagers with more distinct features or accessories.

A minifigure series would definitely be great. I also think a Toy Day-themed advent calendar could be a cool opportunity for this theme.

52 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wouldn‘t say no to such a series, but I also don‘t think it‘s really necessary. The theme seems to have a decent budget, so they should be able to introduce quite a few new head pieces each year without having to rely on a CMF series :laugh:

To be honest, if they relied solely on regular sets they would barely scratch the surface of the number of unique villagers in the series. The latest game, New Horizons, has 391 total villager characters, not even counting special non-villager characters like shopkeepers or holiday NPCs. And the current sets only offer six of them!

Edited by Lyichir

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

The latest game, New Horizons, has 391 total villager characters, not even counting special non-villager characters like shopkeepers or holiday NPCs. And the current sets only offer six of them!

Sure, but if that‘s the benchmark, not even a yearly CMF would be able to help all that much :laugh_hard: And the shopkeepers are better served with appearances in sets featuring those shops :classic:

For this reason, I‘m much happier with the D&D CMF series than I would‘ve been with an AC one this year. We will get all the relevant characters in time :thumbup: Maybe they‘ll start putting more than two minifigs in sets once they have a solid catalogue of headpieces they can repurpose!

4 hours ago, EdWebhead said:

This theme definitely could benefit from a minifigure series since there's so many characters and basically each requires a new mold. Hope that's something they consider in the future.

That would be totes amazeballs! Actually hoping for it to happen.

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I also think a Toy Day-themed advent calendar could be a cool opportunity for this theme.

Oh my goodness, yes! LEGO would be out of their minds to not capitalise on how celebrating holidays is such a big part of AC. Imagine all of the cool furniture and accessories that they could include as builds, and that's on top of the customary minifig repeats and potential Christmas variants!

Posted (edited)

Isabelle's House Visit is already on backorder. Everything else seems to be going strong though!

I decided to get the Isabelle's House Visit and Bunnie's Outdoor Activities. I imagine that these could sell out quick, and between some cashback, a gift card, and the two GWP's, it was just enough to convince me to get them now. 

Edit: The Julian set is now on Backorder as well. 

Edit 2: The Bunnie is the next set to be on Backorder. They seem to be selling pretty well!

Edit 3: Kapp'n's on Backorder now! Only the Tom Nook/Rosie set is readily available. The only other new set that's on backorder is the Tantive IV. Hopefully this is a sign of the theme doing well, and it'll get more support in future waves!

Edited by JohnTPT17

This is literally my first time buying a set on day 1; I always wait for sales, but Big W in my area somehow managed to get the Isabelle/Fauna and Bunni sets out and available for pretty good prices, so I picked both of them up. They are adorable and I really hope this theme succeeds because I will buy every set they put out. Fauna’s House in particular is going to be a great addition to the suburbs of my LEGO city. The other three sets are less generously priced, so I’m probably going to wait until the Easter sales, but definitely looking forward to having them!