TheBrickPal

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

38 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Which is probably a bit too steep for Animal Crossing players who want to take an expeditionary dip into LEGO.

It's a double win for lego.

They sell affordable sets to videogames fans 

And pick a brick pieces for Afols

I think the sets are perfect for what they are. It really invites you to make your own island. And it could be like EllieV or just with some random bricks a little kid has. That’s the beauty of this theme. We only need all kind of villagers (and some new elements like new insect and new fish molds.)

One item to note is that all characters featured thus far first appeared in the original game and New Leaf. That means that there's scope for more characters appearing in those games, at least.

Happy Home Designer subtheme when? I'd love Lottie!

Lottie_HHP.png

Edited by Maaboo the Witch

Another set name has leaked for Animal Crossing: 30662 Maple's Pumpkin Garden. Looks like it will be a polybag, so hopefully it will be inexpensive and easy to find!

22 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Another set name has leaked for Animal Crossing: 30662 Maple's Pumpkin Garden. Looks like it will be a polybag, so hopefully it will be inexpensive and easy to find!

The hunt is on.

On 11/2/2023 at 8:31 PM, JohnTPT17 said:

I can imagine them using the Marshal/Squirrel Villager head mold for the Cubs/Bears as well. I doubt they'll make a new mold for a polybag, especially if the head shape difference is as minor as between those 2 (3).

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I can imagine them using the Marshal/Squirrel Villager head mold for the Cubs/Bears as well. I doubt they'll make a new mold for a polybag, especially if the head shape difference is as minor as between those 2 (3).

I think they already have planned to use the cubs/bears head for a new set. I mean almost every head is reusable for this theme as a different villager. I hope they will release more polybags of animal crossing with new characters. 

11 hours ago, Borex said:

I think they already have planned to use the cubs/bears head for a new set. I mean almost every head is reusable for this theme as a different villager. I hope they will release more polybags of animal crossing with new characters. 

So excited about all the minifigs from this series!!!

Just saw the first pic of the Maple's Pumpkin Garden polybag (via CandidBricks on FB). Cute little set, and the first one of these to feature a cedar tree (which is simple but looks good).

Uses the standard lime green watering can seen in other themes, which like the reuse of the standard shovel in some of the other sets is mildly disappointing—I hope eventually this theme features more recolors or new molds for some of its tools to make them resemble the ones in the games more closely.

Oh, so I now see this is a licenced theme (and why I couldn't find it anywhere else on the forum). I've never heard of it before, I saw the sets on Lego website and thought "Whoa! They've finally made Neo-Fabuland!" but I suppose not really

1 minute ago, Artanis I said:

Oh, so I now see this is a licenced theme (and why I couldn't find it anywhere else on the forum). I've never heard of it before, I saw the sets on Lego website and thought "Whoa! They've finally made Neo-Fabuland!" but I suppose not really

Nah, Neo-Fabuland was Legends of Chima. In case you were wondering, Animal Crossing is a Nintendo video game series and surrounding franchise.

Is the polybag supposed to be a gwp? It does not seem to pop up on reviews...

There will be two more sets in August:

• 77051: 292 pcs
  • 77052: 550 pcs

I guess one of them includes Maple? Polybag-exclusive characters aren‘t really a thing anymore, after all :tongue:

Both of those sound a bit small for the museum or Town Hall... I don't have any huge guesses for what they could be. It probably depends on if the line will be inspired by New Horizons, older titles, or tease whatever new Animal Crossing game comes next.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Polybag-exclusive characters aren‘t really a thing anymore, after all

With as many unique critters as are in Animal Crossing, I think they would try to not do a ton of repeats outside of main characters, even if they are from polybags. I could be wrong, though.

19 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There will be two more sets in August:

• 77051: 292 pcs
  • 77052: 550 pcs

I guess one of them includes Maple? Polybag-exclusive characters aren‘t really a thing anymore, after all :tongue:

I'd love to see one of them include K.K. Slider. Maybe a campsite scene with him playing his trusty guitar by the campfire with a couple of villagers.

18 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Both of those sound a bit small for the museum or Town Hall... I don't have any huge guesses for what they could be. It probably depends on if the line will be inspired by New Horizons, older titles, or tease whatever new Animal Crossing game comes next.

I think they’re both too small to be the museum, but I could see 77052 being the town hall. Nooks Cranny and Rosie’s house is 535 pieces and 77052 is only 15 pieces bigger. Combine it to one building and I can see it being the Town Hall.

Can see it coming with Tom nook and Isabelle in alternate prints, too. Can also see KK slider being a third mini figure.

77051 i have no idea, I think it’ll either be another random set (Bunnie / Julian) or it’ll be the Able Sisters.

2 hours ago, Bobdapeach said:

77051 i have no idea, I think it’ll either be another random set (Bunnie / Julian) or it’ll be the Able Sisters.

Come on Mabel and Sable!

6 hours ago, Bobdapeach said:

it’ll be the Able Sisters

... I should have thought about that one. That would actually make perfect sense for Wave 2!

It's clear from the sets coming in March that they're taking inspiration from New Horizons, so I think that will continue. Besides more villager homes (which I'm sure we'll get a decent amount of throughout this theme), the other permanent locations on the island are:

• Resident Services (Isabelle in her island outfit for the interior and K.K. Slider giving a concert outside?)
  • Able Sisters Shop ( Mabel and Sable and a potential for a handful of in-game clothing designs on display?)
  • Airport (with Orville and Wilbur, their airplane, and a small island?)
  • Museum (with Blathers and something to represent each exhibit/collection? And what about Brewster?)

The only one of those I see not happening is the Museum, because the Museum modular just released this year. My opinion is LEGO would push an Animal Crossing Museum to 2025 because of that. But with the piece counts, I could see either Resident Services/Airport being the larger set and the Able Sisters shop or another villager home as the second one.

Of course, we also have something not building-oriented and do smaller connected builds for the merchant stalls, the bug/fish contests, etc.

I'm curious how well this line will sell. I think I'll get the sets with Tom Nook and Isabelle in March and wait for sales on the rest.

My predictions on these 2 mystery summer sets are:

77051: Leif’s Gardening Cart 

Set would mostly be comprised of Terrain with flowers, trees with peaches and a vegetable garden. Small side build of Leif’s cart with different plants and tools. 
Figs included could be Leif and a new villager. 

77052: K.K Slider Performance at Resident services 

Main build is Resident Service building with a flagpole side build and bulletin board. 

Some chairs will be included to see K.K slider perform. 

Figs could be: K.K Slider, Isabelle in her New Horizons outfit and either another new villager or Maple from the polybag. 

Don’t think they would do the museum just yet or the Nook Shop. I could see both being possible Jan sets.   

everyones asking when were gonna get resident services and the other missing buildings, but what I want is if were gonna get stuff from other games like Reese's thrift shop from new leaf, or nooks cranny from really any of the other games.