tungpham

Tung's (Casual.Lego.Enjoyer) technic alternate builds collection

Since I don't want to spam the forum with new topics for every new alternate build (even though I would not have many), I've decided to edit my first topic posted a few months ago and turn it into a place where I share all my Lego Technic Alternate Build photos. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------- 

Hello everyone, I have been here and enjoyed others' incredible creations for a while but this is the first time I build something that I could share with you guys. 

Let me show you my recent MOC - 42081 C Model | Backhoe Loader.

I first just wanted to have some large tractor tyres so I bought a secondhand 42081 (because this is the cheapest set to get those tyres). However, I'm not so keen on the original ZEUX, I decided to turn it into something that I could like more. So here it come the 42081 C-Model | Backhoe Loader.

I hope that you like this!

The instruction is here: https://reb.li/m/159597

cover.jpg

Featuring:

• Working in-cabin steering wheel.
  • Working in-cabin controller (back crane rotation).
  • Seat rotation.
  • Front bucket lift.
  • Front bucket tilt.
  • Stabilise stand.
  • Raising / Lowering back wheel compactor.

DSCF1776.jpg

DSCF1777.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

DSCF2421.jpg

DSCF1792.jpg

DSCF1797.jpg

DSCF1799.jpg

DSCF2418.jpg

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

Edited by tungpham

Wow, that is some high-level photography!

It looks like a nice C-model too--definitely better than the original set, I'd say. Have you tried adding a bucket to the rear arm, even if it requires parts from outside the set?

49 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Wow, that is some high-level photography!

It looks like a nice C-model too--definitely better than the original set, I'd say. Have you tried adding a bucket to the rear arm, even if it requires parts from outside the set?

Regrettably, I wasn't able to design the rear arm to facilitate easy attachment changes. I haven't tried the bucket but If I had the part, I would also have to redesign the rear arm to work with it.

Great job, and the presentation of the functions is very descriptive. Impressive functions considering the parts available.

18 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great job, and the presentation of the functions is very descriptive. Impressive functions considering the parts available.

I'm really glad to hear that. I was worried that the images is not descriptive enough. Still working on the video to show the Backhoe Loader in action. I will update it soon :D

Edited by tungpham

Tell us how did you shoot the photos, I'm amazed at the shots, the edits and the overall production.

The model itself is outstanding!

7 hours ago, GTS said:

Tell us how did you shoot the photos, I'm amazed at the shots, the edits and the overall production.

The model itself is outstanding!

Well, I'm lucky that my wife is a professional photographer so I learned a thing or two from her :))

7 hours ago, blondasek said:

I think, @Milan, this deserves frontpage :P

Amazing mod! I am already collecting the parts from my inventory (I did disassemble the set long time ago :D).

Thank a lot! I'm glad that you like it. Have a fun build! :D

I know there are a lot of great alternate builds for the 42122 - Jeep Wrangler, I would give it another shot.

_DSF2063_long.jpg

This build is inspired by @Ngoc Nguyen Mini Claas 42054 version but I couldn't say it's a Claas so just call it the Tractor with Variable Cabin (Trac VC)

Featuring:

• Cabin rotation.
  • 3 modes steering.
  • Winch attachment.
  • Plough attachment.
  • Dozer Blade attachment.
  • Attachment stand.

There are 3 modes steering however due to the parts / size constrain, I couldn't make it easier to switch between modes (see the video for detail - The Tractor in action)

_DSF2066.jpg

_DSF2081.jpg

_DSF2077_crop.jpg

_DSF2073_wbg.jpg

_DSF2083.jpg

_DSF2084.jpg

_DSF2093.jpg

_DSF2091.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're interested in the instruction. This is here: https://reb.li/m/174066

If you're interested in the photo. Follow me on instagram :P https://www.instagram.com/casual.lego.enjoyer/

Edited by tungpham