jansued

ENTRY: 1871 Pirate Canon Battlepack

The Hideout of Kapitan "Black Cat" Catherine Wesson was protected bei a giant 32pounder Canon, capable of penetrating the body of every ship which dared to get closer.

53142807602_7fe5268926_c.jpg20230826_171720 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

53142807597_35ba6cf94c_c.jpg20230826_170820 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

53143877528_3811e67078_c.jpg20230826_170830 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

53143816065_5140f7bda7_c.jpg20230826_170619 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Her longtime friend -John "Darksaber" Smith with his crew Redbeard Bill, Ghost and Oneshot Olav they were ready for the Imperial Navy!

Edited by jansued

Now, that's a cool cannon. The squad is pretty cool looking as well. 

I will say I'm not a fan of the gold tassel on the end of the lady's sword. It looks to bulky for a pirate gang to have.

Now that's some army pack! :) Awesome characters, they may seem a bit unorthodox for the Lego Pirate world by their designs by i think they look great. And a siege cannon is an interesting addition too. Not sure if these two elements could work together do, i think it would be more usefull with soldiers, if they would be trying to besiege some pirate rocky fortress. 

Tho, anything could happen in the Lego world, and in the pirates world for that matter, as pirates did take fortified cities some times. I think it could be a great entry in the minibuild category tho. Maybe not with that cannon, as it got many parts, but those characters could get some other mini build to reach the piece count. As i said in an other entry, a little palanquin would be a nice addition, and this lady seems like someone who could be carried by those folks...  

Very cool pirate gang! I love that guy with the tattooed face. The monster cannon will surely tear down any wall and sink any ship that dares to come close.

Aye, the cannon looks great (although Lego would never release it) the minifigures look great, perhaps part of the side of a ship with some ropes to show how a cannon would work would be a nice touch. Other than this, happy building :)

The cannon is a great build and the pirates look good -- some of the best purist customs in the contest for sure! Although that fellow with the face tattoo may have difficulty landing an office job if he ever decides to retire from piracy :pir-wink:

As this is not a mini build, I would expand it with a few more elements; why not a tree, a bit wall, a dock, a crane or similar?

By itself this is fantastic, I just want more!!

Many thanks for your nice comments, gentlemen.

Yes, I would have loved to build more things around this cannon: A small fortification, some real pulleys, a crippled wall, some palm trees - but in the end time was running out and I had to focus on the "Le Scorpion". I think I will keep the cannon after the contest and build a little scenario around it  - just for fun..

A really great canon design. Would make a very cool display set for any pirates fans. But for making it look more like an official set, you could easily skip two figures.