Dr3w

[ENTRY] 1802 Tidy Treasure - Remake (Mini Set)

Hello fellow Lego Pirate fans! 

I've been a long time visitor of Eurobricks, but this contest and your beautiful creations inspired me to design something on Studio and join the forum and contest.

Please find on the link below my remake of 1802: Tidy Treasure / 1747: Treasure Surprise : 

Image 1
Image 2

It's nothing crazy but I'm quite happy with it: It's quite true to the original set, I've only changed the coin pieces to a small compass, I can easily imagine this released by Lego. 

Looking forward to receiving your comments. 

Updated Version:
It can be put to the Entries Index, please @Mister Phes.

Tidy%20treasure%20updated.png

Old Version:

1802 Tidy Treasure Remake (1).png

Edited by Dr3w
Updated model

Something wrong with Your link, or at least i cant see anything in there.

It's a lovely remake! Small and simple yet clearly resembles the original as is expected by a remake. Also like the updated minifigure. There is not much else that could be done, nor can I come up with a suggestion that would significantly improve the build of this remake. I must admit that I'd rather buy a version with some golden coins in there compared to the compass. The simplicity is also connected to the choice of a set and I think it will be very little details that will decide the mini build category in the end. Maybe it will even come to the choice of the set - there are many very good recreations as well as some fascinating originals. Good luck!

Nice little set. Simple but good looking build, with interesting character and nice work on those rocks and vegetation. And i like that stash, nothing fancy this time, no fake rocks, no complicated engineering, but it does it;s job :)

If You'd have any pieces left out of the limit, maybe You could add a colorful parrot, lizard or a snake in there. Simple addition that would make this set even more attractive...  

I agree with @Mazin that an animal should be in order, and overall the build looks great but I would swap the face of the minifigure, and although he might be happy about the treasure I would picture a more of a gnarled sailors face, anyway, happy building :) 

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

The original set was my first pirate minifigure ever. I loved the play feature of hiding the treasure. The gold was a particularly favorite part of mine.  The particular gold pieces don't seem very shiny. Have you experimented with how this looks with brighter/shinier gold pieces? That might be a nice addition. Great job on this remake!

1 hour ago, durazno33 said:

Have you experimented with how this looks with brighter/shinier gold pieces?

I don't think they make these pieces in the chrome color like the old sets :( but the looks of the gold aren't very realistic when it comes to stud.io so...

Thanks a lot for your comments! 

I've made some updates: 
Image 1
Image 2

Tidy%20treasure%20updated.png

I totally agree with you about adding an animal, so now there is a big nasty spider that the pirate can fend off to access the treasure cache. (Originally I wanted to include the small chamelon, but sadly it was not available on Studio...)
I also made the pirate a bit more scruffy looking with a bushy beard and I added a gemstone to his collection. I opted not to include coins as they are better to be stored in a treasure chest or barrel in my opinion.

Marvelous color usage!  I like the most recent revision with the spider and the beard.  What a great little set!

The only issue I see is with the clutch strength on the 1x2 grille tiles: when you go to lift up on the treasure cave, the 1x2 plate and the 2x grille tiles will detach from the 1x2 plate with 2 clips.  You can fix this by adding a boat stud (part 2654) underneath them.  Apart from this, I wouldn't change a thing, it's simply wonderful!

Iragm: Thank you! Good idea, that would make it more stable for sure! 

Rogue Redcoat: First post updated, thanks for the heads up!

I like the changes. The red feather and beard add some character to the pirate. I like the inclusion of the gem as it adds some light color to the darkness under the leaf.