Sérgio

[MOC] 1930's Tram "Eletrico de Sintra"

A historic tram connects Sintra to one of its most popular beaches, Praia das Maçãs. The line was inaugurated in 1904, but today's red vehicle dates from the 1930s. It maintains its original features, such as wooden benches and brass dials, and while it’s a slow, noisy, and bumpy ride, it’s a fun experience.

The complete 13km(8 miles)-journey takes 40 minutes, passing through the rural areas of Colares towards the coast.

The LEGO model has around 2000 parts (including the base/diorama) and it's motorized with Circuit Cubes

it has 2 motors, One for driving, and another to invert the Rod "Panthograph"

It has Room for 16 minifigs.

LEGO - Elétrico de Sintra (Sintra's Tram)

LEGO - Elétrico de Sintra (Sintra's Tram)

LEGO - Elétrico de Sintra (Sintra's Tram)LEGO - Elétrico de Sintra (Sintra's Tram)

1561774914?profile=original

Edited by Sérgio

Great scene and tram. The decals create a unified look across the front and sides. The collection of hilarious minifigs is perfect for a beach run, except maybe Dracula. Hope he's got some powerful sunscreen.

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Great scene and tram. The decals create a unified look across the front and sides. The collection of hilarious minifigs is perfect for a beach run, except maybe Dracula. Hope he's got some powerful sunscreen.

Thank you!

They are all complaining about the noise, especially on the curves, check this "cab ride" 

Dracula is a "private joke", Sintra is a mystical place with a lot of fog, old palaces and castles, because it is between the ocean and mountains, and you have scenarios like this with "floating castles" Mist of Sintra - agrohort.ipb.ac.id

Great little build and what a wonderful feature to have in town- a historic tram to the beach. As for the MOC, I'd be a little worried about the crash test dummy riding up front (grin).

That’s a great looking tram! It has so much character, all captured masterfully. And Sintra looks gorgeous, I have to visit it sometime!

Is there a video in which we can see the pantograph rod inversion in action? I love motorized features like that.

On 8/18/2023 at 4:03 PM, zephyr1934 said:

Great little build and what a wonderful feature to have in town- a historic tram to the beach. As for the MOC, I'd be a little worried about the crash test dummy riding up front (grin).

Thank you!
Someone has to test it, and the speed of this thing is huge... not! Is slow as a Snail, like the real-life one :P

3 hours ago, Ferro-Friki said:

That’s a great looking tram! It has so much character, all captured masterfully. And Sintra looks gorgeous, I have to visit it sometime!

Is there a video in which we can see the pantograph rod inversion in action? I love motorized features like that.

Thank you!

I uploaded a Video made with the Cube Circuit App

23 minutes ago, Scribonius said:

Lovely! Out of curiosity, what did you use for that troller wheel assembly?

Thanks! I used this https://brickset.com/parts/design-30229

22 hours ago, Sérgio said:

I uploaded a Video made with the Cube Circuit App

There's something quaint about seeing the train enter the 1BP long segment with overhead wire and then quickly leave it again (no, you can't make me say anything about your cats)

On 8/20/2023 at 3:56 PM, zephyr1934 said:

There's something quaint about seeing the train enter the 1BP long segment with overhead wire and then quickly leave it again (no, you can't make me say anything about your cats)

Ahaha, it's the wireless power! :grin:

I made the base (48x16 studs) for static exhibitions and background only.  Motorization was an extra. :)

Wonderful tram! Great job fitting two motors, passangers and so many clever details into this!

That looks wonderful. So many details in such a small space. The bench seats look great (which you can see from the side). The pantograph and the stickers (or custom prints?)
Will she drive anywhere or only as a display model? :wub: