800x506.png

Our heroes quickly make use of the help they got in the last chapter:

Herlock Sholmes and his friends – accompanied by four soldiers - enter the large vaults under the Bank of Pontelli

800x1044.jpg

Sholmes: “If you like gold, this is a stairway to heaven.”

Marquis: (grins)

Sholmes: "Except, of course, that it leads down instead of up."

800x987.jpg

Marquis: “Vous vous vous!”

Sholmes: “And, yes, Marquis, you are right. All that glitters here, is, in fact, gold.”

Marquis: (nods)

800x620.jpg

They stop in awe.

800x625.jpg

The gold of Pontelli! 

800x600.jpg

Sholmes: “I think I know why the Marquis is so excited.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Why?”

Sholmes: “I assume that some of the gold ingots are his.”

Marquis: (shakes his head)

Sholmes: “I correct: most of the gold ingots here, are his.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Amazing. Is it really possible to make so much money from playing poker?”

Sholmes: “a) Yes - if you keep winning, that is. b) It helps, if you do not spend much on the other hand.”

800x609.jpg

Sholmes: “Ok, but we are not here to admire the riches of the Bank of Pontelli.”

Hallcroft Py: “Then why exactly are we here?”

800x605.jpg

Sholmes: “We must hide behind the columns and wait in silence.”

Hallcroft Py: “Wait – for what?”

Sholmes: “For somebody we have met before.”

800x485.jpg

And so they wait…

800x631.jpg

… while the Marquis is jumping up and down and glancing at his gold occasionally...

800x600.jpg

... long minutes turn to hours...

800x617.jpg

… when suddenly there is a noise… a pounding that is coming nearer…

800x609.jpg

… until cracks start to appear in the wall …

800x600.jpg

... who can it be now?

(to be continued)

The story so far:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7 (you are here)

Chapter 8

Sorry about that cliffhanger. Usually they are intentional, but this time the chapter was getting way to long, I had to cut in in two parts :pir-grin:

So many spiral staircase pieces... very nice. Did Sholmes' crew bring their bulletproof armors?  It might get messy

Impressive vault! The whole scene reminds me of Goldfinger's raid on Fort Knox :pir_laugh2: Maybe Sonwat can take out some enemies with his hat :pir_laugh2:

Yay, time to continue the story! :pir-huzzah2:  The bank vault is well built. This time the thieves cannot escape.

The high vaulted cellar and the stairs down remind me also of James Bond, Goldfinger.

Very unfortunate that the wall now has a hole. I happen to know some Sea Rats bricklayer who could fix it. :innocent2: 

I echo what the others have said: great vault! The Eslandolan soldiers look great. Too bad LEGO never made the soldier torsos in extra colors other than red and blue.

So much shiny gold!  I have to say, I really thought it would be fake and the robbers had already gotten away with the real gold :pir-laugh:  But do I see a glint of green behind that crack??

On 8/5/2023 at 3:16 PM, Fraunces said:

So many spiral staircase pieces... very nice. Did Sholmes' crew bring their bulletproof armors?  It might get messy

Those armors probably did not exist at the time :pir-cry_sad:

On 8/6/2023 at 12:37 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Impressive vault! The whole scene reminds me of Goldfinger's raid on Fort Knox :pir_laugh2: Maybe Sonwat can take out some enemies with his hat :pir_laugh2:

Spot on. That vault was what I had in mind for this scene. :pir-sweet:

On 8/6/2023 at 3:29 PM, NOD said:

Yay, time to continue the story! :pir-huzzah2:  The bank vault is well built. This time the thieves cannot escape.

The high vaulted cellar and the stairs down remind me also of James Bond, Goldfinger.

Very unfortunate that the wall now has a hole. I happen to know some Sea Rats bricklayer who could fix it. :innocent2: 

In the movie, the stairs leading down are not round but squared.

But as this is all way back in time, the overall look has to be a bit different :pir-grin:

On 8/6/2023 at 4:07 PM, Khorne said:

I echo what the others have said: great vault! The Eslandolan soldiers look great. Too bad LEGO never made the soldier torsos in extra colors other than red and blue.

Yes, that is bad. This is why I had them made. Initially using decals but then I found somebody who would print those torsos for me.

On 8/8/2023 at 3:23 AM, Kai NRG said:

So much shiny gold!  I have to say, I really thought it would be fake and the robbers had already gotten away with the real gold :pir-laugh:  But do I see a glint of green behind that crack??

No, this is the REAL gold. The story is already getting too complicated :pir-laugh:

"a glint of green" - maybe :pir-grin: