Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

5 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Sounds like a new series that's coming. Though the main characters seem to be civilian teens instsad of cops, firefighters and robbers. 

I don’t know… I mean will Cit get rebooted? New characters for new seires?

19 hours ago, El Garfio said:

Bytz appears in 60380: Downtown 

And Mech.Max appears in the custom Car Garage. 

17 hours ago, Lion King said:

I don’t know… I mean will Cit get rebooted? New characters for new seires?

I doubt that it is a full reboot, since Duke DeTain appears in the first video and Freya McCloud is in the second (briefly, at the skate park). 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I doubt that it is a full reboot, since Duke DeTain appears in the first video and Freya McCloud is in the second (briefly, at the skate park). 

That’s true. We have seen Freinds and Ninjao have soft reboots - there are some ew characters (Arin & Sora for Ninjago and new main characters for Freinds). It makes me wonder if City will introduce us some new characters.

@Lion King So I know you love animal molds. My love for food pieces is about the same height as your love for animal molds. One mold I hope they make is a hamburger piece for the new burger truck. In the past, they had to put bricks together to make a burger. I think a burger piece could work. I may not happen, but I could dream.

11 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

@Lion King So I know you love animal molds. My love for food pieces is about the same height as your love for animal molds. One mold I hope they make is a hamburger piece for the new burger truck. In the past, they had to put bricks together to make a burger. I think a burger piece could work. I may not happen, but I could dream.

I had that exact thought! We have corn on cog piece last year, which it was great! Hamburger mold is needed (sorry, cows….). We do have hotdog (combo of sausage and bun) so i think it’s time for hamburger!

I can’t rmeember if there is any food mold other than bread, turkey, pie, pretzel, apple, banana, cherry.   I know tomato and pizza are not exaclty mold, they are just reused/recolored (a Technic ball as a tomato, a 2x2 round tile as pizza). 

Edited by Lion King

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

I had that exact thought! We have corn on cog piece last year, which it was great! Hamburger mold is needed (sorry, cows….). We do have hotdog (combo of sausage and bun) so i think it’s time for hamburger!

I can’t rmeember if there is any food mold other than bread, turkey, pie, pretzel, apple, bagel, banana, cherry.   I know tomato and pizza are not exaclty mold, they are just reused/recolored (a Technic ball as a tomato, a 2x2 round tile as pizza). 

We also have a pumpkin mold, which was pretty prominent in the farm subtheme from 2022. It also technically had a boiled egg mold. Though....I guess those weren't really foods. They were actually unhatched baby animals. I'm still waiting for an orange, watermelon or pear mold. But I'm sure those will come soon. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

9 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

There are plenty actually. Ice cream, also used as berrys, Ice pop, carrot, eggs, croissant, steak, pumpkin

Berries? Where?

2 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

We also have a pumpkin mold, which was pretty prominent in the farm subtheme from 2022. It also technically had a boiled egg mold. Though....I guess those weren't really foods. They were actually unhatched baby animals. I'm still waiting for an orange, watermelon or pear mold. But I'm sure those will come soon. 

I think eggs can be counted as food to eat. But, well… they are oversized eggs, which it’s strange. 

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

Berries? Where?

I think eggs can be counted as food to eat. But, well… they are oversized eggs, which it’s strange. 

The piece that represents more than one scoop of ice cream also doubles as berries when in colors such as blue or red. They've also got the piece in purple to represent grapes. 

There were also pieces to represent doughnuts and cookies with the bakery from set 60306. Along with a sunnyside-up piece that came with the camper. 

3 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

The piece that represents more than one scoop of ice cream also doubles as berries when in colors such as blue or red. They've also got the piece in purple to represent grapes. 

There were also pieces to represent doughnuts and cookies with the bakery from set 60306. Along with a sunnyside-up piece that came with the camper. 

Ah gotcha, thanks! 

I if remember correctly, there was a cone piece that represents pepper in Farm subtheme last year, I think it was a farm market van set.

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

I if remember correctly, there was a cone piece that represents pepper in Farm subtheme last year, I think it was a farm market van set.

Hmmm......I don't remember that one. But I think I have it because I have the farmers market van. 

Another one I hope they do, ironically enough, is fries. Recently, Lego would just color the crystal piece and use that as fries. But I hope a legit fry piece is in the works. Perhaps even a cup piece to represent fast food drinks. 

On 8/24/2023 at 8:15 PM, Lion King said:

I can’t rmeember if there is any food mold other than bread, turkey, pie, pretzel, apple, banana, cherry.   I know tomato and pizza are not exaclty mold, they are just reused/recolored (a Technic ball as a tomato, a 2x2 round tile as pizza). 

Aren't there two ways to make a lego burger? one's the classic Airposrt shuttle way of three studs on top of one another and the 2x2 round plate version with random studs and plates resembling the meat, cheese and lettuce topped with a 2x2 round plate with rounded bottom? I highly doubt lego would make a new mold resembling a burger, though it would be nice.

On 8/25/2023 at 1:34 AM, The Brick Boss said:

0aZNtf0.jpg

XTq6PZ7.jpg

VIkkqgs.jpg

I don't remember the set or the brand of this hamburger 

After googling a lite I have found the set

It's one from Lite Brix

Edited by El Garfio

23 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

0aZNtf0.jpg

XTq6PZ7.jpg

VIkkqgs.jpg

I don't remember the set or the brand of this hamburger 

After googling a lite I have found the set

It's one from Lite Brix

Just FYI, @Lion King is visually impaired, so you might want to provide a brief description

Anyway, this looks nice! Looks like a burger, and is still lego!

Information on the 2024 Lego City Polybag was released today.

30663 : Space Hoverbike

30664 : Police Off-Road Buggy Car

30665 : No information

3 hours ago, LCP said:

30663 : Space Hoverbike

😒

🤣

Guys, can we just admit there is something seriously wrong in Billund?

They're tying themselves into pretzels trying to have unlicensed Space sets without having unlicensed Space sets. This is a City set? Really?

Is there some sort of internal power struggle? Does Lego just really hate Space fans so everything they give us has to be extremely begrudging? Or is this all not to piss off Disney?

Edited by danth

49 minutes ago, danth said:

Is there some sort of internal power struggle? Does Lego just really hate Space fans so everything they give us has to be extremely begrudging? Or is this all not to piss off Disney?

I thought that the Galaxy Explorer had disproven all of this - We got a proper Space spaceship with an amazing design, two alternate models to fill out our CS fleets, and an excellent price/PPP ratio. Nothing feels begrudging (quite the opposite, actually!), and I am still not sure how Disney would factor in at all given the number of sci-fi sets that we get each year in themes like Ninjago, Monkie Kid, and Nexo Knights. 

54 minutes ago, danth said:

They're tying themselves into pretzels trying to have unlicensed Space sets without having unlicensed Space sets. This is a City set? Really?

I actually see this as a positive. Our last true Space theme was Galaxy Squad in 2013, so there was obviously a time (~2013-2023) when space sets were not testing well with children; Space making a gradual return via City tells me that kids now do like space content, which increases our chances of getting an actual, true, Space theme in the future (probably something story-based that is planned for at least three years). 

Space hoverbike ?

What's next, a draw bridge and ogre ?

City was the extension of classic town not classic space or any other classic theme. If fans of Lego want a hoverbike floating in their domed city on the moon then they use their imagination and boxes of creator or Star Wars sets and do it themselves. 

12 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

Space hoverbike ?

What's next, a draw bridge and ogre ?

City was the extension of classic town not classic space or any other classic theme. If fans of Lego want a hoverbike floating in their domed city on the moon then they use their imagination and boxes of creator or Star Wars sets and do it themselves. 

City has been pushing into the near future lately (electric cars are now ubiquitous, for instance), so adding a bit of cyberpunk-esque flair fits, IMO. 
Also, hoverbikes exist IRL. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I thought that the Galaxy Explorer had disproven all of this - We got a proper Space spaceship with an amazing design, two alternate models to fill out our CS fleets, and an excellent price/PPP ratio. Nothing feels begrudging (quite the opposite, actually!), and I am still not sure how Disney would factor in at all given the number of sci-fi sets that we get each year in themes like Ninjago, Monkie Kid, and Nexo Knights. 

Yeah but Galaxy Explorer was an 18+ one off set which probably isn't covered in whatever licensing agreement Lego has with Disney. I don't know. I'm speculating.

But obviously having a SPACE. HOVERBIKE. in the City theme is at least peculiar, is it not? Are you denying that this is weird?

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I actually see this as a positive. Our last true Space theme was Galaxy Squad in 2013, so there was obviously a time (~2013-2023) when space sets were not testing well with children; Space making a gradual return via City tells me that kids now do like space content, which increases our chances of getting an actual, true, Space theme in the future (probably something story-based that is planned for at least three years). 

Honestly if we get cool colored windscreens, and not a bunch of crappy stickers, I'm going to buy them and I'll just ignore the City classification.

But...

IT'S STILL WEIRD.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Also, hoverbikes exist IRL. 

Okay. Do Space hoverbikes exist?

I mean you can argue that mechs exist too. You can buy one on Alibaba!

kNcoVrq.png

Edited by danth

2 hours ago, danth said:

Yeah but Galaxy Explorer was an 18+ one off set which probably isn't covered in whatever licensing agreement Lego has with Disney. I don't know. I'm speculating.

And neither is the Moments Space set, or the Blacktron Cruiser GWP, or the multiple Space GWPs in 2024, or, or. . . IMO, there is no rule that states that LEGO cannot make Star Wars and in-house Space sets at the same time, but it is probably mutually beneficial for LEGO and Disney to not have sets on shelves that are overly similar (lest they cannibalise sales). 

2 hours ago, danth said:

But obviously having a SPACE. HOVERBIKE. in the City theme is at least peculiar, is it not? Are you denying that this is weird?

IT'S STILL WEIRD.

It is weird - Space hoverbike polybag, space mech set, space rover with aliens set, etc! It is a very good kind of weird, though; I will absolutely take new space sets, even under the City label! I also think that this increases our chances of getting a true Space theme in the next few years, since LEGO obviously thinks that there is interest in sci-fi space content. 

2 hours ago, danth said:

Okay. Do Space hoverbikes exist?

Not yet - My point was that the concept is not that farfetched, and that it just seems that City is moving in the direction of the near future.
Realistically, a hoverbike might actually work on Mars, since the lower gravity could make carrying a larger and more powerful battery more feasible (though I am not sure how much this would be offset by the thinness of the Martian atmosphere). 🤔
It certainly makes enough sense for a LEGO set, however!