Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

The new fire station would fit in with 2023 downtown and apartment sets.

The smaller sets seem better value for money.

Sail boat is totally on my shopping list as to the go carts, burger truck and road roller.

Just seen the sailboat - a nice addition and one I will aim to buy. Good to see Lego bringing out more affordable sized sets this year, as it just felt like everything was getting too big, which puts off younger collectors.

9 hours ago, El Garfio said:

I have the previous one 60131

I don't see anything to make me also buy the 2024 version 

I only came back to LEGO in 2016, and only collected Nexo Knights until 2018, so the earliest City sets are 2018, so did not get the previous Prison Island theme sets, or the forest/swamp/mountain hideouts (I also skipped many police sets that focused on just giant vehicles like the sky police "base" was focused on a giant airplane mostly, or the mountain hideout helicopter is bigger then the structure)

3 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Just seen the sailboat - a nice addition and one I will aim to buy. Good to see Lego bringing out more affordable sized sets this year, as it just felt like everything was getting too big, which puts off younger collectors.

Yeah 2023 and 2024 looks to be doing great on it's €10-20 and €30 sized sets again, in both Friends and City.

Sure the "battlepacks" starter sets with 3-4 figs for €10 are gone, but at least there are sets like the 2 otter , or seal sets, or many smaller sets come with 2-3 figs still.

Even the City Space 4+ set is not overpriced for once, as 4+ can sometimes be, it's €20 with 3 figs. wheras something like Star Wars 4+ 75384: The Crimson Firehawk is a crazy €50+

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Sail boat is totally on my shopping list as to the go carts, burger truck and road roller.

Bro! I'm definitely getting the burger truck and go karts! I'm doing that on release day too! 

I think I will pick up Burger Truck, Go-Karts, and some space-themed sets. Oh yeah, and that sailboat!

7 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

Okay with all the City sets leaked pics for January 1st, what could we possibly see for City in the Summer/Winter?

Mostly likely, we woul know the set names nd other infos in February for the summer wave. 

Sin the Winer wave doesn’t offer us new animals too much, which I’m ok with it! I’m glad dogs come with new life-vest part! Anyways, i am hoping. The summer wave will introudce us to North American or Australasian setting. We. Don’t have many animals, such as:

1) Nrth America - fox, bison, moose, goose, raccoon, hedgehog, fawn (deer baby), duck, armadillo, tortoise (not turtle with flippers).

2.) Australia - kangaroo, emu, plyalus (I can’t spell. It right…). 

9 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

Okay with all the City sets leaked pics for January 1st, what could we possibly see for City in the Summer/Winter?

wow !!! let's just enjoy these releases for now!

the summer one list usually will come out in February or march, and then get released in June in Europe and sadly august in USA/Canada

10 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

we may get information in late december/early january 2024(like last year), i hope we will get stunt and mining subthme sets

17 minutes ago, thminigab2 said:

we may get information in late december/early january 2024(like last year), i hope we will get stunt and mining subthme sets

I think stuntz is 100% done, as it's all retiring this month even the March 2023 sets.

10 hours ago, DanOfBricks said:

As far as sets go, based on what we got now for 2024, and what is retiring for 2023 , I'd say the focus will be on City structures.

A new Bank could certainly be possible.

Also would be nice to get a horse ranch type of set, as 2024 does not seem to focus on Friends horses much (the 2024 Friends farm barn is great tho)

I think something Harbour seems quite likely , with the Prison Island, Crook Hideout being water based, and container harbour pictured in background. 

Chain link fence with containers seem to really fit a harbour with a crane, but if they do a container ship, hopefully it's it's own set.

Also makes sense with the Sailboat set, perhaps a marina too.

Edited by TeriXeri

39 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Could the new city space that are coming next january 1st be expanded this summer ?

Yes with the space police station, the space fire brigade and the space hospital

[Mode ironic off]

2 hours ago, thminigab2 said:

Animals are generally popular in summer. Subthemes. Mining doesn’t have a lot of animals other than spider, rat, and snake. 

2020 - Ocean Exploration - we have anglerfish, hammerhead shark, great white shark, manta ray. We have green sea turtle from CMF that year. 

2021 - Wildlife Rescue - w have maned lion, lion cub, monkey, elephant, elephant calf, African eagle (colored), python (recolored).

2022 - Farm - we have cow (recolored, piglet, pig (not new), sheep (not new but with a new woolly piece), lamb. We hav foal from CMF that year. 

2023 - Arctic Ocean - we have polar bear cub, seal, seal pup, orca, hammerhead shark (recolored?), big turtle, great white shark (recolored)

I feel North Ameircan or Australian subtheme would be perfect for 2024. See the post I made below:

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

I think I will pick up Burger Truck, Go-Karts, and some space-themed sets. Oh yeah, and that sailboat!

Mostly likely, we woul know the set names nd other infos in February for the summer wave. 

Sin the Winer wave doesn’t offer us new animals too much, which I’m ok with it! I’m glad dogs come with new life-vest part! Anyways, i am hoping. The summer wave will introudce us to North American or Australasian setting. We. Don’t have many animals, such as:

1) Nrth America - fox, bison, moose, goose, raccoon, hedgehog, fawn (deer baby), duck, armadillo, tortoise (not turtle with flippers).

I don’t think Volcano and Mining subthemes would be interesting for kids since they are not the friendly habitants for liviing things. 

So I guess sets would be better rather than entire subthemes. 

And I thought Stunz subtheme is gone?

16 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I don’t think Volcano and Mining subthemes would be interesting for kids since they are not the friendly habitants for liviing things. 

Also the new space subtheme is basicly a Mining theme , as part of it is collecting crystals and opening boulders for research/fuel, as seen in previous Gold Mining / Volcano themes.

It doesn't have the industrial vehicles, but still has miner figures in those new yellow spacesuits, with hand drill tools, mechsuits, and little robots with drills.

Edited by TeriXeri

5 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Also the new space subtheme is basicly a Mining theme , as part of it is collecting crystals and opening boulders for research/fuel, as seen in previous Gold Mining / Volcano themes.

It doesn't have the industrial vehicles, but still has miner figures in those new yellow spacesuits, with hand drill tools, mechsuits, and little robots with drills.

That’s true - you are right that space sets are more about mining and others.  Still, it’s best to have sets for summer wave, rather than subtheme. 

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

We already have a duck in Lego form, true it's actually a rubber ducky but it works as the real thing just as well. I'd rather see a Lego Timber Wolf or a Capybara, maybe even a Catfish

53 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

We already have a duck in Lego form, true it's actually a rubber ducky but it works as the real thing just as well. I'd rather see a Lego Timber Wolf or a Capybara, maybe even a Catfish

Nah, I prefer a new duck mold lol. It’s still goes by as a baby duck / chick.  I competely forgot wolf!  I like the. Idea of last two animals you mentioned. 

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I think stuntz is 100% done, as it's all retiring this month even the March 2023 sets.

As far as sets go, based on what we got now for 2024, and what is retiring for 2023 , I'd say the focus will be on City structures.

Also would be nice to get a horse ranch type of set, as 2024 does not seem to focus on Friends horses much (the 2024 Friends farm barn is great tho)

I think something Harbour seems quite likely , with the Prison Island, Crook Hideout being water based, and container harbour pictured in background. 

Chain link fence with containers seem to really fit a harbour with a crane, but if they do a container ship, hopefully it's it's own set.

Lego City usually do airports every 4 years, 2016, 2020.

But we did get a plane this year, 

They tend also to do service stations every 4 years, 2012,2016,2020 it’s interesting what will happen in 2023 

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Harbour stuff is something I would really want to see, mainly cuz I wanna build a lego harbour railway sometime.

Aside from that, a haunted house theme park attraction for City would be nice

They recently did a Haunted House set (its only retiring this year) so I can't see a new one happening. City also generally doesn't get theme park rides as sets (those tend to end up in Creator or other themes)

38 minutes ago, jonwil said:

They recently did a Haunted House set (its only retiring this year) so I can't see a new one happening. City also generally doesn't get theme park rides as sets (those tend to end up in Creator or other themes)

Yeah, the large theme rides always show up in Icons subtheme, Fairground, rather than City one.  I understand that there is some small set like space ride. 

I feel theme rides are much advanced and complex sets for kids. Unless kids are willing to do that one, go for it!

Edited by Lion King

14 hours ago, El Garfio said:

Yes with the space police station, the space fire brigade and the space hospital

[Mode ironic off]

I would actually like that! A Space Police module, an M;Tron module, etc! 

14 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Could the new city space that are coming next january 1st be expanded this summer ?

I ordinarily would say no, since City subthemes tend be released as single HY waves, but with LEGO focusing so much on Space in 2024, there is actually a good chance that we could get more City Space in 2HY. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I would actually like that! A Space Police module, an M;Tron module, etc! 

I ordinarily would say no, since City subthemes tend be released as single HY waves, but with LEGO focusing so much on Space in 2024, there is actually a good chance that we could get more City Space in 2HY. 

At this point, I'm fully expecting LEGO to incorporate Space into Ninjago in some way

So with most 2022 sets retiring , it looks like the LEGO City Adventures era is almost over, as far as I can see, only 1 2022 set with LCA characters will enter 2024, with the 2022 Police Station : Chief Wheeler, Allen and Daisy Kaboom.

The police officer in the command truck does look a lot like Duke Detain, but still is a bit different :)

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I do indeed think there's a good chance this will go the route of Stuntz, LEGO established this City space with exploration, aliens, and distinct roles for each color of character (but still generic enough to not be a full story-driven subtheme) , and Stuntz had 3 waves + extra bikes released inbetween. (just no bikes type of sets for City space).

I think overall, summer 2024 City will focus more on expanding the locations/buildings using the 8x8 , 8x16 module system (A harbour or airport terminal could fall in that category as well), and Space / Arctic+Ocean subthemes will be the main themes outside of the City

I think something like a Construction site could be interesting as well, it would fit with the previous "Downtown/Sardine Factory" styled Fire sets of 2019/2022, and also with the 8x8 and 8x16 module system to quickly build/demolish it, of course it might get a new crane type of set to support that as well (2022 crane retiring) (think of set 7633: Construction Site , from 2009, same year had a Road Roller and so does 2024)

Edited by TeriXeri

A space police station would be something I would love (I am kicking myself that I didn't buy the one from the Space Police 3 line)

Ok either CITY needs to step up their game or transfer some Friends designers to CITY ! 
This set  it’s fantastic and friends keeps raising the bar on their sets , I really wish they would make a mansion like so complete in the city line .

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/andrea-s-modern-mansion-42639

seems that friends has no budget and no limits for their sets , compared to city that always try to keep it on  only 1 set every 2 years above 150 dollars. 

Edited by danimarroquin