VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

SUDDENLY Brickshelf folders are deleted. Fail. What's the point of these deletions if these pics will appear on other hostings? It's like some noobish directors/musicians asking fans to make fake torrents of their new work. It's the struggle that copyright supporters won't win.

Kaxium's still cool. If I'll be able, I'll get this set, love bikes.

And I hope Thornatus rider isn't adapted Malum :D

Technically, the summer photos are illegal, so it's in Brickshelf's best interest to get rid of them. Some other image hosting websites don't think like this however, but that doesn't mean it's not illegal.

Technically, the summer photos are illegal, so it's in Brickshelf's best interest to get rid of them. Some other image hosting websites don't think like this however, but that doesn't mean it's not illegal.

Then I can't understand how they choose what photos to delete. They deleted first Glatorian leak, but did nothing with summer leaks until these pics appeared. If they're deleting leaked pics, then they must delete EVERY leaked pic, not just the ones LEGO asks them to.

Still, it means that I'd better not upload'em on YouTube.

Soild zamor colors??? You're lucky!!!!! I always wanted solid red ones for Inika Hewkii and Nuparu. I once colored them with a red permanent marker but it left a red mark in Nuparu's launcher. I didn't test Hewkii's because I didn't had an extra gunmetal zamor launcher (via hakann and avak) so I used nuparu's since I had an extra silver version since I had Vezok and Thok. Unfortunately I had to surrender the colors and had to clean them. It took forever to wash the marker out.... :sad:

Toa Mata Nui

Oh, I'm not getting them. I hate mindstorms. ;)

What? Only Mata Nui has silver weapons, but that's because he doesn't know any better because he's from the MU. :tongue:

Sorry, my bad. I meant some of the vehicles. It might be a heavy-handed thing to say, I was just hoping they could do their best to avoid it... just one year. lol

Bricklink'll get those parts eventually... after real builders take out just the roboty stuff and leave the Zamors behind.

Tyranide

post Today, 06:26 AM

SUDDENLY Brickshelf folders are deleted. Fail. What's the point of these deletions if these pics will appear on other hostings?

I don't even bother with Brickshelf anymore with such things.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/818883@N25/pool/ all the way, baby. When someone finds new pics on Brickshelf, I immediately check Flickr to see if they're there first.

Oh, yeah, uhmmm... The music found on YouTUbe, as everyone might suppose... is FALSE. The company hasn't chosen a Composer yet.

Oh, yeah, uhmmm... The music found on YouTUbe, as everyone might suppose... is FALSE. The company hasn't chosen a Composer yet.

What a surprise. :D

Does anyone have the BQ pic of Cendox or however is that little bike called?

I'd be surprised if they haven't chosen a composer yet.

The movie is coming out in the fall, and all the voice acting has been done since like October.

I bet the soundtracks are done.

But I'm not sure if the "leaked" ones are it, I just find it hard to believe. ._.

And a bunch of it sounds semi-trance. :tongue:

[-The Alchemyst-]

I'd be surprised if they haven't chosen a composer yet.

The movie is coming out in the fall, and all the voice acting has been done since like October.

I bet the soundtracks are done.

But I'm not sure if the "leaked" ones are it, I just find it hard to believe. ._.

And a bunch of it sounds semi-trance. :tongue:

[-The Alchemyst-]

as i heard the movie comes in September

I don't like them either. In fact a few years ago, I once had a mindstorms set on something with a camera...(was it called Vision Command???) and I decided to learn how to use it. So one day (after I got descent with it) I planned to make a "trap" but it failed which made me angry and I ended up not liking it either.

Toa MataNui

Eh, VBBN's are higher quality.

And Rayg, I have to say, I think the Summer 08 was better than winter.

I mean the Toa were all simple and covered in nasty bley. They carried clunky Midak Skyblasters and were overall disappointing. The Makuta were better [<3 Vamprah], but overall the best set, IMO is Toa Ignika.

Then in the summer we have the other Three Toa. I have Tahu and Onua, and with a few mods [aka shrinking Onua], without any extra pieces, I enjoy them a lot more than the other Toa. They have the new jets, they have sleek, neat masks. And the silver > bley. Then the Makuta are different. While I do think the Phankuta are better than the Mistika Makuta, it did reintroduce Mata Yellow, bring some interesting designs, and summer brought the return of complex sets. It also brought the best set of 08, Rockoh [Completely my opinion].

07 Winter also had the Barraki... but the Mahri were awesome... But they had Cordak Blasters... Hmmm... I'm split on this. 07 was a pretty weak year for me.

[-The Alchemyst-]

Meh, the silver/grey thing is just a personal opinion, so no point arguing that. I'll admit that summer 08 was pretty good, but where it failed for me were the Nuva Mistika. Yeah, with modification they all look pretty good-trust me, all of my are heavily modified. The point is that in the summer no such modifications were necessary.

I also much preferred the unique design of Pohatu and look of Lewa to the Mistika Toa. None of their designs really grabbed my eyes. I'll concede however that Kopaka was made of fail.

I think Lego did a steller job on almost all of the Makuta last year, Icarax not included, and I have a hard time picking which set I prefer more. So really it is just the fact of the Mistika Toa being so much more lame IMO.

Also, hated the Vehicles. I dislike all these huge sets, I do not like spending money on these things which I have no room for.

But the Vehicles are fuuuuuuuun

And since Rockoh was the cheapest, with a zhooting function, and it's pretty small, it was the best one.

If it ever goes on clearance, [probably now/soon, especially the usual 50% off in Lego stores/S@H], I recommend it to anyone. A fun build, good piece assortment, best function, and a small wield-able size.

Vultraz does not and will not ever count.

And you can't swoosh a Swamp Strider. :P

I do agree with your other points though, and I think the colors are what really set apart the Toa Mistika and the Phantoka. Depending on one's more hate/love for one of the colors it could change everything.

Pieces and masks did it for me though.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the most glorious set ever in 2008, Takanuva.

Best Titan ever, such a good build, really posable, and spiffy, it's just awesome to put him on a desk and move him around with neat poses. Plus he had a bit of white technic parts and recolors, which are always nice.

Only if he had a covered back. ;;

[-The Alchemyst-]

But the Vehicles are fuuuuuuuun

And since Rockoh was the cheapest, with a zhooting function, and it's pretty small, it was the best one.

If it ever goes on clearance, [probably now/soon, especially the usual 50% off in Lego stores/S@H], I recommend it to anyone. A fun build, good piece assortment, best function, and a small wield-able size.

Vultraz does not and will not ever count.

And you can't swoosh a Swamp Strider. :P

I do agree with your other points though, and I think the colors are what really set apart the Toa Mistika and the Phantoka. Depending on one's more hate/love for one of the colors it could change everything.

Pieces and masks did it for me though.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the most glorious set ever in 2008, Takanuva.

Best Titan ever, such a good build, really posable, and spiffy, it's just awesome to put him on a desk and move him around with neat poses. Plus he had a bit of white technic parts and recolors, which are always nice.

Only if he had a covered back. ;;

[-The Alchemyst-]

Well yeah, if I could get the Vehicles for half-price instant change in opinion.

Although I'm kind of still in love with Mazeka, I like the turny-turret thingy.

Haven't even seen a Mazeka.

I don't want to go to the Suburbs to go to a Walmart [but the prices are really tempting me].

And the Lego Store never seems to have 'em.

But I don't find him too appealing. It's a neat set with a cool technic build, okay colors, but I just don't like how it looks. ._.

It'd probably change if I ever see it out of the box and built... but... >_>

Anyway, I'm going to be saving up for some of the Summer Sets anyways.

[-The Alchemyst-]

Wal Mart was out of Mazeka before I could get one, but I'm okay with that. A minor character, in a set that just looks okay with parts I can get elsewhere... eh... I would have been willing to pay $13, but even the S@H sale price is too much for me. I'm hoping for a Takanuva sale...

~Bunda

Wow, thanks for the great'ish' pic.

No thanks to me, I'm not the one who found the pic, I just posted it here.

The Baranus is how I have imagined it. When I heard the Skipit would be part of a set, I deduced it would be part of the baranus. Tnen I went to BS01 andsaw that this "Rahi" was used to carry wagons so I thought this set would be a wagon carried by a Skipit.

Spikit is greeeeeen. That's good, because if it was red and black, it would've been way too freaky to imagine it eating Skrall.

I like the whip too. Even though I didn't want one, at least it's only a soft and squishy tentacle. :classic:

Off-topic: I has many masks in my new trade topic: Linky!