VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

^ I think that the helmet is the only good thing about Vastus... Though it doesn't look good on that awful set, I'm sure an MOC could use it well. For some reason it I think it would make a good Karzhani mask.

and I'm now 100% sure that Baranus is an exclusive.

The Agori has an orange version of the super ugly Thornatus Rider mask. D:

It's not a store exclusive. Store exclusives are never on display at Toyfair.

The Vastus canister is probably the final one. The others are still prototypes. :P

I think you're right, and this is good. Vastus' box is much shinier. The others are exactly how they were pictured in the prototype shots so yeah...

Anyone else notice the new fairing panels? They're really pretty. Like a mix of the old ones with the slanty ends and the new ones like on the 2008 vehicles. You can see them here and here.

And in this pic we can see how Kiina's body is made... with a couple of those T shaped liftarms. Meh.

Anyone else hoping Kiina isn't the female? Personally I think Ackar would make the best lady.

And curiously... both Kiina (the one on the table and the in the case) have black 2 axles on their legs. But not on their bodies. I guess since they're both prototypes... meh. They'll be red later. =/

But it looks like Mata Nui only has two red pins and only one blue! =D

~Bunda

Anyone else hoping Kiina isn't the female? Personally I think Ackar would make the best lady.

It'll be Stronius, look at how manly she looks, Kiina is too feminine to be the female.

Strange, isn't it? That for years we had so many sets that had elemental powers and looked non-elemental... and now that we have elemental sets there are no powers in sight.

~Bunda

I'm horrible disappointed.

Vastus is just ugly. The theme is interesting, I just don't like it. It looks like he has a snake head on his mask with the fangs going down and making the mouth opening. I still wish Lego would bring back Mata Green. Oh and that Inika hip armor makes him look like he has a beer belly. xD Won't buy.

Stronius has the same chest armor as shoulder armor. I'm not sure that I like it... I don't like his bulkyness either, it makes him look fat. =\ Maybe buy if the new pieces turn out cool.

Gelu is awesome, but old design and boring. Colors are good and the snow-flakeness is awesome. Probably buy.

Kiina is bad. I hate Lego for making their test of custom bodies bad. >< I hope Greg listens to BZP and tells the designers that custom bodies are wanted just not shown in the sales because the design sucks. >< Mask is bad too. Spear is cool though. Will not buy.

Mata-Nui is disappointing. I wanted gold, yellow does not satisfy. The shoulder pieces are nice and welcome as they look like the original UDD symbol (which apparently is a map now?) Won't buy though. I'm protesting the color.

Ackar, my favorite. THIS is what Tahu Mistika should have looked like. I don't see why not. >> The grey hands are a killer though. >< The blade is cool, and MATA RED!!!!! Yeah definite buy.

Skopio, just as cool as usually. A little less because of holes, but atleast 12 ball joints of the new style. =3

Other vehicles I don't like/care. The chariot one is especially suck. ><

Anyone else notice the new fairing panels? They're really pretty. Like a mix of the old ones with the slanty ends and the new ones like on the 2008 vehicles. You can see them here and here.

*drool*

It'll be Stronius, look at how manly she looks, Kiina is too feminine to be the female.

STRONIUS IS A SHE?

Edited by Bfahome

Wow.

After reading a few opinions, I thought I'd provide mine:

Canister Sets:

I prefer the Winter sets we have now, to be honest. Some of these are basically more Inika clones. Which sucks. But at least we get some recoloured pieces. The white chest armour on Gelu looks very useful for my Takanuva Mistika canister MOC.

Ackar looks pretty good, regardless of his Inika-ness. That flame sword is awesome. I'm SO glad it's not the piece in the new Castle sets as some people thought.

And with the right pieces, using his helmet would let us make an alternative, red Berix. The joy :tongue:

I wish Mata Nui had a gold mask. I also wish it WAS a mask.....not a helmet.....I also WISH he had a Metru head, perhaps with the short eye piece in ice blue.

Oh well. His weapons suck, too...what's it supposed to be? a shield? or a garden prong?:pir-laugh:

I'll still get him though...as he IS my favourite...plus....he IS Mata Nui, after all.

Stronius - a nice little set. Good to add to my Skrall army.....if I ever progress its ranks beyond one Skrall :D

The rest of the canisters are okay. Not to great, but a lot better than, say...the Mistika.

THe bigger sets are a let down, I think. Sure..they may look nice but I was hoping, like many of us, for animals...or at least generic titan sized figures.

The Spikit sucks I think...but I suppose with the right amount of green pieces it can be salvaged.

As for "Metal Gear Skopio"....I love it. But will not be getting it. It will be too far out of my price range.

Will/Rocketbilly

I just got to see the trailer for Legends Reborn and I have to say I'm disappointed a little. The environment looks beautiful but the animated parts, such as the explosion, felt under toned and unnatural. It's hard to explain but it didn't look right. And I'm really disappointed that Mata Nui looks just like the set. I love the character designs from the other movies where you could see muscle and tissue, and also this emphasized body movement and gestures but Mata Nui... it's like staring at a very shiny toy. I feel like they lost a lot to making it look too much like the toy :sceptic:.

Maybe when I get to see an actual trailer I'll change my mind :classic:.

Edited by Pigbrick

I just got to see the trailer for Legends Reborn and I have to say I'm disappointed a little. The environment looks beautiful but the animated parts, such as the explosion, felt under toned and unnatural. It's hard to explain but it didn't look right. And I'm really disappointed that Mata Nui looks just like the set. I love the character designs from the other movies where you could see muscle and tissue, and also this emphasized body movement and gestures but Mata Nui... it's like staring at a very shiny toy. I feel like they lost a lot to making it look too much like the toy :sceptic:.

Maybe when I get to see an actual trailer I'll change my mind :classic:.

I know, I wasn't too pleased by the trailer at all, the explosion, as well as the mask of life and some of the scenery looked really odd and unnatural. If the movie continues to look like this, I won't be too pleased.

EDIT: Yaknowhut, that wasn't fair, the scenery looked odd because it was night-time and because this is a different planet, their night-time looked unnatural to me, I'm still not fond of the look of Mata Nui and the MoL, though, the animation is good, but it looks too much like the set, as if they were try too hard.

Edited by Konnor

Can some PLEASE post a link to the trailer somewere other then youtube coz youtube dosent work properly on my computer PLEASE

Edited by Skulduggery

Actually, one of the moons, the blue one, is the EO planet, and the other is some green planet, which you guys guessed before. We still don't know if the purple gas things do something besides look purple :tongue:

now we know where the purple pieces went to :tongue:

Can some PLEASE post a link to the trailer somewere other then youtube coz youtube dosent work properly on my computer PLEASE

It's on BZP. :classic:

Why do you people keep saying that the blue moon is the EO planet? Mata Nui/Ignika was launched from there, and in the trailer, it's obvious that it came from outside the UDD planets.

Why do you people keep saying that the blue moon is the EO planet? Mata Nui/Ignika was launched from there, and in the trailer, it's obvious that it came from outside the UDD planets.

We know, it was just a theory that we loved and held like fact up until now, and not all of us have seen the trailer yet. However, the givaway fact that it isn't the EO is that the moon is rocky, and the EO is covered in water.

I can't believe you people actually liked those shitty designs in the original movies. What is wrong with you.

I didn't like them too much, but they're better than the current ones in terms of displaying the characters as actually Bio-mechanical. In the trailer, Mata Nui just looks like a set with his technic holes filled in.

Speaking of Mata Nui, I can't believe they're portraying him as gold when the set is yellongu. Also, I can't believe Mata Nui is making himself gold. It's cool and all, but subtlety would be the best option.

I didn't like them too much, but they're better than the current ones in terms of displaying the characters as actually Bio-mechanical. In the trailer, Mata Nui just looks like a set with his technic holes filled in.

This one.

~Bunda

Problem is, we are looking at Mata nui, whose body isn't going to be the norm if the animators are applying sticking to the details of the story, so I would not be so rash as to judge yet.

I can't tell if it's painted or not....if it is, then it's such a rip off!!! If it's molded like that, I don't know....a bit too pricey??

But then again, if it's like that originally, then it does look good for MOCs....

We need Bink's word on this. They could be authentic, but they seem like fakes taking advantage on the fact that BZP knows that Bink has prototype pieces.

Oh my god, I just saw the new Bionicle trailer.

WHAT. THE. SHIT.

Nothing about that looked good. The animation looked like a videogame cutscene, the announcer sounded like he was from Cartoon Network, the sound effects sounded like they were taken from Flashkit.net, and the whole concept was just totally unimpressive.

Now I have to wait for my eyes to stop bleeding... at least I know I won't be wasting any time and money on this movie.