Liam Biggs

Wickham trolley

Seeing Elis Clarks O gauge Wickham Trolley I had to have one.

This is my smallest locomotive yet and is static. A petrol driven engineering personnel carrier. Scale is a little off being 1 stud too high and 2 or 3 studs too long. 

Minfig hands came in useful for both head/tail lights (highly illegal technique) and instrument panel. Almost pure build except for stickers and cotton for tarp.

Wickham trolleyWickham trolleyWickham trolley rear

Edited by Liam Biggs

It may be small, but it packs a punch! All those details at such a small scale are stunning.

How did you manage to make those curved handrails?

That's a crazy tight build, great work. Would have been tough competition for the BMR critters competition a year or two back.

On 7/15/2023 at 2:06 AM, Ferro-Friki said:

It may be small, but it packs a punch! All those details at such a small scale are stunning.

How did you manage to make those curved handrails?

I have a small tube bender (like a spring) and heat the tube. Although brass rod inside the rigid tube works even better.

@JopieK @Asper @zephyr1934 @Ferro-Friki Thanks for your kind words. I will be posting a small steam loco shortly.

Flipping heck!! That's a visual feast.

I've looked at Wickhams before and wondered about building one, but they've always seemed too tiny to do any justice to them. I think your approach of bending the scale to fit works very well indeed. Kudos to you, sir.