Welcome to the NeRDZ.

9VDal7a.jpeg

Vh9u8CI.jpeg

What is the NeRDZ.?

It is more of a concept of myself wrapped in a design that should be as appealing as possible than just a building. The thought behind it is that we live in a time in which we are increasingly forgoing real contacts. We are using digital ways to pursue and share our interests - without necessarily realizing how socially lonely we are.

Because comics & e-sports have now arrived in the mainstream and there is also a growing adult community of brick fans, the NERDZ should create an opportunity to bring people together at one place. It's basically a kind of bar where comics, video games, briceks and music are the focus. To linger with old friends, to find new friends and of course to have a lot of fun.

It is aimed at anyone who is enthusiastic about these hobbies and would like to meet like-minded people - but also at anyone else who finds fun in these topics or would like to get to know them. Other ideas for this concept that are not incorporated in this project could include:

- the organization of regular competitions (e.g. MOCing challenge, karaoke night with movie songs or a tournament with the game console)
- A sale of MOCs I Theme days I Sevice employees in superhero outfits (a classic space outfit was used instead in this version)
- a lot more

About the building:

The building was constructed about a year ago. It was actually designed for another competition, but after finishing my project there I distanced myself from taking part again immediately. As it was designed without IP, the BDP represents a suitable opportunity to resume the project.

Link: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-2/763/NeRDZ.-[Comics-&-Bricks]-[Coffee-&-Bar]

Real life build:

F2IxQ92.jpeg

For the BDP, some adjustments were made compared to the real built version: parts and colors were adapted to the BDP palette, some parts (which I didn't own) were used. In addition, the number of parts has been reduced without causing any disadvantages in terms of presentation or stability

JcjK8ui.jpeg

The set now includes almost 2.000 pieces (1.999), six minifigures (two employees / four guests) and three animals (dog, cat and a spider as signal sign – an Easter Egg, maybe you’ll figure it out). There are no custom stickers - I wanted to keep it simple and used the BDP range instead.

uFzxD1L.jpeg

aGDIr41.jpeg

The building can be opened completely and the roofs can also be removed - to explore each area extensively. In detail, these areas are:
- Front building with outdoor area, main entrance, snack bar with stone oven, bathroom and hallway
- Construction corner with brick table and some miniscale MOCs
- Gaming and comic/book section
- Karaoke area with dance floor

2j58Jc8.jpeg

TdZOFdB.jpeg

UfWwpje.jpeg

As usual, I tried to include a lot of details. Therefore, the list above is certainly to be supplemented.

I hope I was able to get you excited about this project and to bring you closer to the idea of the NeRDZ. Of course I would be very happy about your vote and a short comment. Thanks for "listening" and see you soon :)

Yours, Tobi aka MM

Interesting take on a modular building. The theme is one that definitely strikes a cord with me. I could see playing Warhammer in this place.

Very neat MOC! Great exterior, great interior. If I had one critique, it's that the lettering style you've used for the signage works a lot better horizontally than it does vertically. On the vertical sign the square tiles in the R, D, and Z connecting edge to edge makes the separation between those letters less effective than when the letters are lined up horizontally. You might be able to improve that by changing the colors of some of the letters so they no longer blend in to one another in either orientation.

On 6/27/2023 at 6:30 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting take on a modular building. The theme is one that definitely strikes a cord with me. I could see playing Warhammer in this place. 

Thank you very much. I'm particularly pleased that you like the concept. Maybe I should have added a Warhammer section too ;)

On 6/27/2023 at 9:41 PM, Lyichir said:

Very neat MOC! Great exterior, great interior. If I had one critique, it's that the lettering style you've used for the signage works a lot better horizontally than it does vertically. On the vertical sign the square tiles in the R, D, and Z connecting edge to edge makes the separation between those letters less effective than when the letters are lined up horizontally. You might be able to improve that by changing the colors of some of the letters so they no longer blend in to one another in either orientation.

Thank you for your kind words and of course also for your suggestion. I know what you mean and I have to agree with you! Maybe I'll change that again later. An idea for the combination of colors?

On 6/27/2023 at 10:42 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Amazing building and interesting concept about how lonely is the new generation! :thumbup:  

Yeah, that's what I mean. Although there are enough people who are enthusiastic about it