800x506.png

Sholmes and Dr. Sonwat are still sitting at Quaker Street 9 ¾

800x548.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “And there is something else we need to do.”

Sholmes: “Like what?”

640x471.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Finding the one who stole the horse race money. The thief with the many masks.”

Sholmes: “True. But we haven’t got a clue where he might be now.”

There is a knock on the door.

Sholmes (shouting): “Come in. The butler has his day off.”

640x453.jpg

A grey-bearded man enters: “Good evening, Gentlemen. Allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Hallcroft Py. I understand that you are solving strange cases?”

Dr. Sonwat: “Yes. Well, most of them.”

Sholmes (correcting): “I am of the opinion that the ones we did not solve are still ongoing.”

Dr. Sonwat: “Right. So, we have a 100% success rate and some work in progress.”

Hallcroft Py: “That is excellent. And I think I need your help, because I might have lost my job and something more.”

800x526.jpg

Sholmes: “Sorry to hear that. Have a seat. Why do you fear that you have lost your job?”

Hallcroft Py: “Because I did not show up for it.”

Dr. Sonwat: “You have ghosted your job? That is not going to be a thing for the next 400 years! Why did you do that?”

Hallcroft Py: “Let me explain. Until recently I was working as an accountant for Timid, Timid & Careless.”

Sholmes: “Ah, the accounting company that bankrupted.

Dr. Sonwat: “Yes. Apparently Mr. Timid was a bit too reckless with his stock market speculations.”

Hallcroft Py: “Quite so. After they had gone out of business, I was looking for a new job, which was difficult in Corrington.
Then I applied for Easterhazy, Easterbunny & Santa in Pontelli and was hired. I was supposed to start my job there two weeks ago.”

Dr. Sonwat: “What happened then?”

640x480.jpg

Hallcroft Py: “Approximately 10 days before the start of my new job, I got approached by a guy who had spotted my beard. He said that I would just look like a lucky fellow. Apparently, there was a newspaper advertisement out there offering highly-paid work to only grey-bearded male applicants. I was fascinated. So, I applied for the 'Fellowship of the Greybeards' in Pontelli.”

Sholmes (yawning): “Fascinating.”

800x586.jpg

Hallcroft Py: “When I arrived at the place where the Fellowship of the Greybeards convene, there were many other guys with grey facial hair waiting outside.“

640x451.jpg

“Finally, they called me in, and, when they saw me, they immediately stopped the application process, sent everybody else home and told me that I was the perfect Greybeard they had been looking for.”

800x534.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Who are ‘they’?”

Hallcroft Py: “That is Mr. Beeohasard Elventree and his assistant Liam Jeeves.”

Sholmes and Watson exchange glances.

Sholmes (awake): “Spelt Liam Jiamh?”

Hallcroft Py: “Possibly. I am always confused with that Celtic spelling.”

Dr. Sonwat (to himself): “So are they…”

800x491.jpg

Sholmes: “Mr. Hallcroft Py, we are very interested in your case. Consider us hired. And please, go on.”

Hallcroft Py: “Then Mr. Elventree spoke”

640x371.jpg

Elventree: “We are acting on behalf of a rich grey-bearded businessman from Pontelli who had on his dying bed decreed in his last will that his company shall only hire grey-bearded men like himself from then on and that it shall be called “Fellowship of the Greybeards”.
We would be very happy if you could sign up with us right now.”

Hallcroft Py: “I feel a bit overwhelmed. And I have signed a contract with Easterhazy, Easterbunny & Santa.”

Elventree (scoffs): “Easterhazy, Easterbunny & Santa? I know them. They can’t be trusted.”

640x409.jpg

Sholmes, Sonwat and Hallcroft Py: “Why?”

(to be continued)

Link to the next chapter

Herlock Sholmes is back! I hope you are as excited as I am :pir-grin:

Finally! I was wondering how long Shlomes and Sonwat would be on leave of absence. This one will be intruiging as always!

Hooray! I was hoping some more old-fashioned detective nonsense would emerge from the mists of the good Captain's mind, and here it is!

This is a great start, can't wait to see what happens next!

Great a new Herlock Sholmes story! Liam Jeeves is Fantomas' henchman. Did Fantomas masquerade as Mr. Beeohasard Elventree? Why Hallcroft Py got the job, who does he resemble?

On 6/24/2023 at 1:31 PM, Fraunces said:

Finally! I was wondering how long Shlomes and Sonwat would be on leave of absence. This one will be intruiging as always!

Thanks! :pir-sweet:

On 6/24/2023 at 2:36 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Hooray! I was hoping some more old-fashioned detective nonsense would emerge from the mists of the good Captain's mind, and here it is!

This is a great start, can't wait to see what happens next!

Hooray! :pir_laugh2:

15 hours ago, NOD said:

Great a new Herlock Sholmes story! Liam Jeeves is Fantomas' henchman. Did Fantomas masquerade as Mr. Beeohasard Elventree? Why Hallcroft Py got the job, who does he resemble?

So many questions... stay tuned! :pir-laugh:

On 6/26/2023 at 10:32 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Great start to a new adventure! I'm curious to see where it leads us!

Thanks. It will lead us to Pontelli :pir-grin:

On 6/24/2023 at 4:18 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Dr. Sonwat: “Right. So, we have a 100% success rate and some work in progress.”

:pir-laugh:

Now... why is Hallcroft the perfect greybeard?  All the others seem to have much bigger beards... 

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh:

Now... why is Hallcroft the perfect greybeard?  All the others seem to have much bigger beards... 

That is part of the mystery :pir-grin: