Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] Fishing boat - Aiiro

Surrounded by sea, with limited cultivated lands, fishing is an important source of protein for the settlers of Kojima. Luckily for these privateer-settlers, there were some skilled craftmen and shipwrights among them, it didn't them to long to launch their first boats.

The Aiiro class fishing boat:

ukF8F.jpg 

ukzDD.jpg

Time to have homeland products, fine bakery and wine are indispensable to keep moral high.

ukik6.jpg 

Enough for today, back to port!

ukbw1.jpg

OOC: I'm once again trying to work with an official set, but not enhancement this time, I rather prefer to build something different than the original, as it's hard to work out an era-appropriate boat with that Thor's ship.:pir-grin:

A well built ship with sails and rigging. I particularly like how the plates and slope curved were placed on the ship's hull. Croissants and a bottle of wine are always good.

10 hours ago, NOD said:

A well built ship with sails and rigging. I particularly like how the plates and slope curved were placed on the ship's hull. Croissants and a bottle of wine are always good.

Glad you like it.

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very good work , i like it. Reminds me of old Dutch fishing boats too

Thank you Fraunces.

My favourite kind of boats! The brick built hull turned out excellent and so does the rigging!

Edited by blackdeathgr

I also immediately thought dutch fishing/small cargo vessel. You've achieved a really nice hull, which is hard at this scale, and as always, your rigging is great.

And I just looooove seeing these smaller vessels, which tend to drown amongst the frigates and ships of the line!

I am also a fan of the smaller non-military vessels and this one is no exception. The hull looks great and i really like the mast and sails. The shape of the sails give this small boat more panache than some bigger naval vessels will ever have. Well done :thumbup:

On 4/19/2023 at 1:47 PM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Looks good! Like Fraunces already said, it is very reminiscent of an old Dutch Flat-Bottom! ^^

Thank you, Thomas Waagenaar. Now you mention it, I recall having seen a few of one or two masted boats near a dock somewhere around the Af...dike (the large dam with a highway on it:pir-grin:) years back. 

13 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

My favourite kind of boats! The brick built hull turned out excellent and so does the rigging!

Thank you, BD, glad to see you around again.

7 hours ago, Bregir said:

I also immediately thought dutch fishing/small cargo vessel. You've achieved a really nice hull, which is hard at this scale, and as always, your rigging is great.

And I just looooove seeing these smaller vessels, which tend to drown amongst the frigates and ships of the line!

Thank you Bregir. I've to say I struggle the most with sails and rigging when building ships.:pir-grin:

7 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I am also a fan of the smaller non-military vessels and this one is no exception. The hull looks great and i really like the mast and sails. The shape of the sails give this small boat more panache than some bigger naval vessels will ever have. Well done :thumbup:

Thank you Yperio_Bricks. Small boat are fun to build, we may expect to see more of them since there isn't any arms race going on.