Albrick

[LEGO IDEAS] Modular Medieval Village

Hi Lego Castle fans! I know that there are some pics of an upcoming Medieval Market Village around, but I would like to share with you anyway my Modular Medieval Village project!

MMV_01.png

The project consists in 2.871 total pieces, minifigures included, and it is built by 100% existing parts and colors. The main version, which is what you see as the first image, measures 32x48 studs, that is 26,2 x 39,1 x 34,2 cm or 10.3 x 15.4 x 13.5 inches (WxLxH).

MMV_04.png

The village is based on six interconnectable 16x16 modules and it is organized in two main areas:

• the buildings area, which consists in three modular buildings
  • the market square area, which is dedicated to the social life of our villagers

MMV_07.png

The three buildings are compact and modular, as they are connected together by a couple of 1x2 bricks with hole and two Technic pins, just like the traditional and modular buildings. The main difference of these compact versions compared to the traditional 32x32 modular sets is the distance of the bricks with hole, to allow free space in front of each building.

The other three 16x16 bases are connected together and to the buildings by 2x2 tiles or by other smaller models. One of them is composed by two 8x16 plates so you can have more connection possibilities!

The three interchangeable buildings of the set are:

• the Poor Man’s House. The owner is a peasant who has just moved to our village from the countryside. His new house is a two-story building but it looks pretty unkempt! On the ground floor we find a stable, while on the first and last floor there is a single room where the Poor Man eats and sleeps
  • the Nobleman’s Tower House. The owner is a very rich man, so his house is a four-story building in Italian medieval style. On the ground floor there is a double access, one that leads to a small armory and one to the kitchen room. On the first floor the dining room is the beating heart of social life for our Nobleman while on the second floor we find a classy bedroom. The top floor under the watch tower hides instead a treasure of gold and precious stones...
  • the Village Guards Barrack. It is a compact and essential building in Northern European style, which features only a weapons room and a small dormitory. The residents are a nice family of soldiers

MMV_13.png

Every building is fully open at the back, just like the dolls houses, and this makes the set highly playable!

MMV_05.png

Each building of the set has its own style and the interiors try to emulate the look and feel of medieval furniture, declined by social classes:

• the Poor Man’s House features a corner bed with a patched blanket, a broken table and a cheap stool
  • the Nobleman’s Tower House is furnished in a much richer way: on the first floor the banquet table is always laid and the floor is completely paved by high-end tiles, while the bedroom is equipped with everything you need to spend a comfortable night, including a fireplace and... a chamber pot!
  • the Village Guards Barrack represents the spartan lifestyle of soldiers, but at least the armory racks are full of every type of weapon!

MMV_14.png

The set also includes some other little models, which give life to the village and come in handy to connect the baseplates:

• the Knight's Statue, a monument made by stone, silver and gold that pays homage to the old founder of the village
  • the Baker’s Stand, which is the heart of the village market
  • two Street lamps, to dissuade the village Bandit from stealing at night
  • Road Sign, to show the right way to wayfarers and villagers

MMV_15.png

The set includes 9 minifigures, that represent with a good deal of imagination every class of the medieval society:

• the Poor Man, who is one of the many peasants of the time
  • the Nobleman, a member of the inner circle of aristocrats
  • the Guards Family: a nice family consisting of the Brave Soldier, a very experienced warrior who is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, the Master Archer, who is his wife, and their Restless Kid, a child who dreams of being a knight and facing hordes of enemies only with his... stick!
  • the Baker’s Son, an orphan who now runs his father’s stand alone
  • the Young Falconer, a teenager who practices every day to become a Royal Falconer
  • the Bandit, who spends his days just dreaming of stealing cookies
  • the Wanderer, who is always ready to tell stories about distant countries to the villagers

The model also features some animals: a dog, a cow and two brick built birds.

MMV_16.png

The set is ready to play but, after all… it is Lego! So you can customize the design as you want!

You can create at least three alternative versions of the village just by using the same pieces of the set. The dimensions of the models can change in a surprising way just by mixing the ground plates: you can get a different 32x48, a combo of 16x48 and 24x32 or even a 16x96 model!

MMV_21.png

But the village can also become a platform for your creativity. All you have to do is to get a 16x16 plate and create your own compact module, to modify or expand the village!

Now, telling the truth, the possibility that the project can become an official project seems to me a chimera... but the road to 10k could be a really funny path!

So, if you like the project, please leave your comment in this thread and eventually... support it on Lego Ideas!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/cccedb24-d5a2-4170-b4d5-837f16520941

MMV_22.png

This is a great idea.  I like the different buildings and styles.  The statue looks great.  There is a nice contrast of colors.  All the figs look great.  Good luck on idea's.  I will have to log in soon to vote for it.  

Thank you very much for your kind words and for your future support! This is an ongoing project, so I'll keep on adding expansions to the main model! :thumbup: If you're interested, you can also take a look at my Instagram account albricks_workshop! :classic:

Awesome concept! I really hope against all odds that your idea makes it to an actual product.

Thank you! We'll see in the futureI believe that possibilities are samewhat limited but sharing creations is still fun. 

Moreover, as we know, models based on IP have way more possibilities to get 10k supporters on Ideas, and this for obvious marketing reasons... :wink:

12 hours ago, MontyMatte said:

Awesome concept. Love your details and the playability of your creation.
Already supported btw!

Thank you very much! I've posted the first expansion of the project on my IG account, albricks_workshop, along with several upgraded sequences of the buildings. This is not strictly part of the Ideas Project but it is its natural development and goal.

I'll post some updated renders here when the new and upgraded landscape is ready! 🤓

I love the details. So much life in it, as if it was picked right out of medieval story. 

On 4/23/2023 at 3:20 PM, BJE_2358 said:

Amazing. Supported!

Thank you very much! :laugh:

On 4/23/2023 at 5:31 PM, Fraunces said:

I love the details. So much life in it, as if it was picked right out of medieval story. 

Thank you! What a great compliment! :sweet: :thumbup:

I'm almost ready with the expanded version of the model, that in my opinion brings even more life to the scene. I'll post here an update in the next weeks! :laugh:

Edited by Albrick
Typo

That looks incredible! Bonus points for the nostalgic background too. Maybe I'll have a stab at making something in that modular style.

2 hours ago, Crazy bricks said:

That looks incredible! Bonus points for the nostalgic background too. Maybe I'll have a stab at making something in that modular style.

Thank you! I would really love to see new buildings made by other moccers that could be compatible with these! 😃👍

Hi, this is the first expansion for my Modular Medieval Village!

I call it "expansion" since it is based on a 16x16 studs module, so it is perfectly compatible with the three previous buildings of the village and it will also be with the future ones 🤓

Every building of the village has a different architectural style as well as different owners. And this time the Village Inn brings us two women. The first is a middle-aged widow, famous throughout the kingdom for her cookies and her apple juice. The second is her daughter, a teenager passionate about fashion who has invested all her savings to buy a classy green dress and a necklace, which she flaunts every day with pride! 😅

800x800.png

800x800.png

800x800.png

Now you can place the Village Inn next to the other three buildings, the Poor Man's House, the Nobleman's Tower House and the Village Guards Barrack...

800x800.png

This way you can get at least three different settings!

800x800.png

800x800.png

800x800.png

800x800.png

800x800.png

800x800.png

Soon I will be able to post an hyper-enhanced version of the entire village! 🤓😀👍🙂

Edited by Albrick
Linked to smaller images

On 4/23/2023 at 5:31 PM, Fraunces said:

I love the details. So much life in it, as if it was picked right out of medieval story

So true. :classic:
Those street lamps are my personal highlight!

7 minutes ago, Powder Monkey said:

So true. :classic:
Those street lamps are my personal highlight!

Glad to hear this! And they don't even require many parts! 😀🙂

I know I’ve already gushed about this project on Instagram or Reddit, but I love every detail about this. Starting with the modularity of it and extending to the fabulous style and details. Supported!

I hope you get picked! It looks like you’ve got quite a lot of votes already. 

On 5/4/2023 at 4:17 AM, SirBlake said:

I know I’ve already gushed about this project on Instagram or Reddit, but I love every detail about this. Starting with the modularity of it and extending to the fabulous style and details. Supported!

I hope you get picked! It looks like you’ve got quite a lot of votes already. 

Thank you very much! I'm really glad that you liked the project so much! 😃🤩

I am not very sure that this model can become an official set but as for me the real goal is 10k supporters! I would be satisfied enough 👍

But I still think that it will take a year or so... unless TLG market a new official medieval village and archive this project on Ideas, as it happened to other IP-based projects! 😅😱

On 5/13/2023 at 2:53 AM, BlackGloveBricks said:

Just went and supported this over on Ideas. 

LOVE IT!!! 

Thank you so much!

On 5/13/2023 at 2:53 AM, BlackGloveBricks said:

I would definitely buy multiples of a set like this! 

This would make TLG very happy... as well as me! 😅😂🙌

Hi! As I said in the past, my Modular Medieval Village is an ongoing and almost neverending project 🤓

The original model that I have submitted on Lego Ideas is a playset that measures 32x48 studs. Now I have added two 16x16 expansions to the project: the Village Inn and an extra 16x16 base where I have placed two old characters of my IG account, the Candle Merchant and the Herald with his bugler 💡

00%20HERALD%20+%20CHANDLER%201500x1000.p

The result is a huge 32x64 set that in my opinion is full of life! 😃

8%20MODULES%201500x1000%2001.png

8%20MODULES%201500x1000%2003.png

8%20MODULES%201500x1000%2004.png

8%20MODULES%201500x1000%2005.png

8%20MODULES%201500x1000%2006.png

8%20MODULES%201500x1000%2007.png

8%20MODULES%201500x1000%2008.png

Here you can compare the two versions of the model:

800x800.png

I hope you like this new upgrade! 🤓😃