Sign in to follow this  
Kozikyo86

[MOC] Medieval Trebuchet

Hi!

After a little break, I'm slowly coming back to the Castle!

Maybe some of you know my projects of siege machines, and there were some - trebuchet, catapult, ballista, mantlet.

A few years ago I built a working trebuchet and diorama "The Siege of Bricks". After a few years, I'm coming back to the topic and building a trebuchet again!

This time it will be bigger, stronger and better historically reproduced. I hope I'll be able to make an PDF instruction, although it will not be easy, because there will be a lot of ropes and other non-standard accessories (lead balls in counterweight)

I wish this time the range of the trebuchet was about 7-8 meters! 

The previous version had about 5-6 meters of range. I'm curious if 7-8 is possible. Currently the counterweight weighs 164g, which is more than before, the trebuchet is bigger, it has a longer arm. We'll see, haven't tested yet.

Medieval Trebuchet

Medieval Trebuchet

More soon on my YT channel - Edge of Bricks. I will update the progress from time to time.

Let me know what you think about this project!

The trebuchet is ready!

In a few days I will upload the episode on my Youtube. I will also let you know in the PDF Instructions! :)

Medieval Trebuchet MOC by Edge of Bricks

Insane! This is perfect for storming all those castles everyone is building. Your attention to detail from functionality to embellishments for a stark siege weapon is wonderful.

Incredible MOC! The way it works is so well detailed that it could be used during lessons on sieges during the Middle Ages! 

Hi!

I've been building my power for the last 2 weeks, there's a lot of progress! I invite you to the second episode, I show how to build a freeform and added a tutorial to the cage

Medieval Trebuchet by Edge of Bricks E2

Medieval Trebuchet by Edge of Bricks E2_1

Hi! Another small project update.

The end is getting closer. The ruins are ready and I have the last details left. Today I will show you trees that will appear in my MOC.
Autumn version. A bigger tree has a slightly longer trunk, that's because it will fit in the ruins.

How do you like it? 

Medieval Trebuchet MOC - tree