Sign in to follow this  
TechnicMOCer

Mini Scania R420 with steering trailer

This is my mini Scania R420 with steering trailer.
800x757.jpg
Truck features:
 - HOG steering
 - detailed interior and exterior
 - functional fifth wheel
800x748.jpg
Trailer features:
 - steering all 3 axles via truck's fifth wheel
 - stabilizers
Free instructions are HERE
More links to find me: http://linktr.ee/TechnicMOCer

Your instructions are also very well made. Thank you for that. I will build on of your models in the near future. they all look fantastic. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, pow said:

Your instructions are also very well made. Thank you for that. I will build on of your models in the near future. they all look fantastic. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

Very nice truck I have to say too.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Jundis said:

Very impressive for this scale!

I am curious that @SaperPL hasn't commented it yet :-P

5 hours ago, TechnicMOCer said:

Thank you! 

I dunno why 🤷‍♂️

I'm following what @TechnicMOCer is doing, it's just that I'm often taking a peek at my mail while doing other stuff and then forgetting about it

I like where you're going with your trucks, they are getting better and better. I'm still not digging those vertical antennas sticking out though :P

The steering on the trailer is really cool, but it's limiting the angle of the trailer against the semi tractor?

I feel stupid for using those custom steering hub attachments for so long that I've been using with those wheels as it can be done in many ways with basic elements.

Also start using opencamera or some other camera app that allows you to tweak the light parameters of the photo and use gimp or photoshop to clean the background. Those photos could look amazing after cleaning.

1 hour ago, SaperPL said:

I'm following what @TechnicMOCer is doing, it's just that I'm often taking a peek at my mail while doing other stuff and then forgetting about it

I like where you're going with your trucks, they are getting better and better. I'm still not digging those vertical antennas sticking out though :P

The steering on the trailer is really cool, but it's limiting the angle of the trailer against the semi tractor?

I feel stupid for using those custom steering hub attachments for so long that I've been using with those wheels as it can be done in many ways with basic elements.

Also start using opencamera or some other camera app that allows you to tweak the light parameters of the photo and use gimp or photoshop to clean the background. Those photos could look amazing after cleaning.

Thank you for advice.

Yes, steering axles in semitrailer limits bending angle of the trailer, but I think that's enough in such scale.

I wanted to try with some new steering hub attachment, but it's quite fragile frankly.

The antennas are not necessary, but I like them, but I'm sure it's a matter of taste.

1 hour ago, SaperPL said:

800x601.jpg

800x601.jpg

800x601.jpg

I used this app with some filter. What do you think?

Slightly better, but the point with the open camera is that you can tweak the exposition value (the +- icon) so you can tweak how you capture the scene. The main idea is that you should want to cut away the background, make it even colour almost except for the shadows and some reflections of the photographed object.  It both makes sense because it's like with presentation of the food - even if it's awesome, if you get it on a dirty plate or the place is terrible, it's not so much appealing, and also on white background websites it makes those photos blend with the background and the object pops out of it and it feels really professionally made.

The render is doing that, but also it's important for the main icon to be an actual photo of real life object - this will probably bring more people to it as virtual designs may not necessarily have been tested and there's a lot of those on rebrickable.

As an example what you could have done with the backgrounds in gimp:

i1wO0VK.jpg

Using big radius eraser with soft edges can do this, but the lighter the background, the easier that will be to achieve and also if you have a lighting that's significantly different, it may feel really off. It should be doable with simple desk lamp if it has a good neutral white light bulb or you could try to make the photos in the daylight as well in well lit room - I did that in the beginning as well and all I had to have was to put a white background right beneath the window.

For now you've got some noise in the photos because of slightly poor lighting, not really bad, but not ideal either. Also the resolution of 800x600 isn't perfect either, but I assume that's from bricksafe.

On 2/19/2023 at 8:00 PM, SaperPL said:

Slightly better, but the point with the open camera is that you can tweak the exposition value (the +- icon) so you can tweak how you capture the scene. The main idea is that you should want to cut away the background, make it even colour almost except for the shadows and some reflections of the photographed object.  It both makes sense because it's like with presentation of the food - even if it's awesome, if you get it on a dirty plate or the place is terrible, it's not so much appealing, and also on white background websites it makes those photos blend with the background and the object pops out of it and it feels really professionally made.

The render is doing that, but also it's important for the main icon to be an actual photo of real life object - this will probably bring more people to it as virtual designs may not necessarily have been tested and there's a lot of those on rebrickable.

As an example what you could have done with the backgrounds in gimp:

i1wO0VK.jpg

Using big radius eraser with soft edges can do this, but the lighter the background, the easier that will be to achieve and also if you have a lighting that's significantly different, it may feel really off. It should be doable with simple desk lamp if it has a good neutral white light bulb or you could try to make the photos in the daylight as well in well lit room - I did that in the beginning as well and all I had to have was to put a white background right beneath the window.

For now you've got some noise in the photos because of slightly poor lighting, not really bad, but not ideal either. Also the resolution of 800x600 isn't perfect either, but I assume that's from bricksafe.

Now you can not stick to these pictures (I guess) :)

800x601.jpg

800x685.jpg

800x601.jpg

Edited by TechnicMOCer