o0ger

[CSE] L-S2S Shuttle

The Light Space2Surface shuttle is a commonly used vehicle throughout the galaxy. When you feel the urge to swoop along the surface on some unfamiliar moon on your ZeroG-Board you need some kind of quick transportation to take you down there. 
It has room for one astronaut, foldable landing gear and the traveller can snap their board in the rear. 

L-S2S Shuttle

L-S2S Shuttle

L-S2S Shuttle

L-S2S Shuttle

L-S2S Shuttle

L-S2S Shuttle

6 hours ago, JulianH said:

I like the shapes and angles. Very original!

Thanks @JulianH, I've never built CS so I wanted to build something I hadn't seen before.

Interesting cockpit setup. In space, what is up? You did great with that concept and the "inverted" cockpit. I like the skateboard mod too.

19 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting cockpit setup. In space, what is up? You did great with that concept and the "inverted" cockpit. I like the skateboard mod too.

Thank you! I figured, if you are swooshing down from space to the surface, you want to have a full view of what's under you, right? 😊

Quite the unusual cockpit configuration, but it works well with the design. Pilots sure have to be dare devils to make fast landings in this design.

Speaking of design, it reminds me of both the Vipers of Battlestar Galactica and the Hammerheads of Space and Beyond.

59 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Quite the unusual cockpit configuration, but it works well with the design. Pilots sure have to be dare devils to make fast landings in this design.

Speaking of design, it reminds me of both the Vipers of Battlestar Galactica and the Hammerheads of Space and Beyond.

Whoa... Space and Beyond... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I had actually forgotten all about it. But I saw every episode when it aired in 1995. Thanks for reminding me! 😊

On 1/27/2023 at 9:52 PM, Viper Knight said:

I was perturbed but not perplexed. It actually lands upside down?

No, it lands upside up, like any other spacecraft.

Amusing, but nah I see your comments. Must be nice to move asteroids like that, but to tumble out of the pilotsystem - jeez.

Asteroids, and shuttle debri zones with that thing, totally understandable.

Such a sleek and effective silhouette :wub::wub:

Very polished in every area, but the shaping and angle transitions for the engine pods are especially cool :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, soccerkid6 said:

Such a sleek and effective silhouette :wub::wub:

Very polished in every area, but the shaping and angle transitions for the engine pods are especially cool :thumbup:

Thanks @soccerkid6! Glad you like it  :pir-grin: