Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Buildable Stitch and two encanto sets are on Insta now. Stitch is very good IMO.

Where?!?!?

…ok, just saw the stitch set and had to search by hostage “buildable stitch.” Couldn’t find the Encanto sets though.

Edited by hikouki

20 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Where?!?!?

They're also on Reddit on the Lego leaks page, if Instagram is giving you trouble.

Stitch looks pretty good, even though I'm not really a fan of the character or the movie. I do think it's a bit odd that he has a shirt and not full blue body, but I'm sure he will still be very popular. Heck, they could even re-release it with a new design like Groot with either a full-blue look, or with the red suit. Not for me, but I highly respect it and think it looks pretty good.

The Encanto ones are a little more mixed for me. First, why not minifigs?! I guess not enough Disney Trains sold to justify more princess minifigs, even though we've already gotten a Mirabel minidoll. Ah, well - those sets are probably more for a younger audience anyways. The Isabella set is much stronger in my opinion - I could see it even appealing to those in to the Botanical line, and her new minidoll looks well-designed (Pocahontas's hair is perfect). The Mirabel set is much weaker in my eyes, but I'm also not the target audience. 

3 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

They're also on Reddit on the Lego leaks page, if Instagram is giving you trouble.

Stitch looks pretty good, even though I'm not really a fan of the character or the movie. I do think it's a bit odd that he has a shirt and not full blue body, but I'm sure he will still be very popular. Heck, they could even re-release it with a new design like Groot with either a full-blue look, or with the red suit. Not for me, but I highly respect it and think it looks pretty good.

The Encanto ones are a little more mixed for me. First, why not minifigs?! I guess not enough Disney Trains sold to justify more princess minifigs, even though we've already gotten a Mirabel minidoll. Ah, well - those sets are probably more for a younger audience anyways. The Isabella set is much stronger in my opinion - I could see it even appealing to those in to the Botanical line, and her new minidoll looks well-designed (Pocahontas's hair is perfect). The Mirabel set is much weaker in my eyes, but I'm also not the target audience. 

Just saw it now - wasn’t there a couple minutes ago.

Lego Disney minifig line is suffering from the same treatment as the X-men… Lego is giving half-effort in making sets then blaming the market why the products don’t sell well.

Disney celebration train had repeat characters except for Moana. Castle is not the version that everyone was hoping for, and was even a rehash of a recently retired set! I would think the CMF and Villains sold well?

53 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Where?!?!?

…ok, just saw the stitch set and had to search by hostage “buildable stitch.” Couldn’t find the Encanto sets though.

exabrickslegogo is an account to follow for photo's.

Stitch set is nice although still hoping for a Lilo minifigure.

At least Stitch's color is closer to the shade of blue he is in the movie. His minifigures are too pale of a blue.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Stitch set is nice although still hoping for a Lilo minifigure.

At least Stitch's color is closer to the shade of blue he is in the movie. His minifigures are too pale of a blue.

Exactly what I was thinking… if the buildable stitch had a Lilo minifig with it, I bet it would sell more!

26 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Exactly what I was thinking… if the buildable stitch had a Lilo minifig with it, I bet it would sell more!

I would definitely have purchased it then! And we're going to get Stitch without Lilo in that Target winner set as well so I wonder how many more Stitch sets we'll get before we finally get Lilo.

2 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I would definitely have purchased it then! And we're going to get Stitch without Lilo in that Target winner set as well so I wonder how many more Stitch sets we'll get before we finally get Lilo.

The guys over at the DC message board are complaining about the same Harley for the past 5 or so years. Rehashed over and over again.

2 minutes ago, hikouki said:

The guys over at the DC message board are complaining about the same Harley for the past 5 or so years. Rehashed over and over again.

I don't blame DC fans. I've heard they pretty much just reuse Harley and the Joker set after set.

The Target set might be the most promising when it comes to finally getting Belle since she was featured as part of that. We'll still be missing the Beast though.

Every other character in that set design was a repeat though. For some characters, like Ariel and Elsa, I wonder if they even have the hair molds still available. I would love to see Ariel with a new hair design (featuring a flower) or a new tail. For Elsa, maybe we could get a Frozen II Elsa instead of her from the first movie. Maybe a Prince Ali Aladdin instead of street rat Aladdin. Could we get Figaro to go with Pinocchio and Cleo on the raft? Or an animal figure for Pride Rock representing Simba?

I think the only sets I'm holding out hope for in terms of Minifigures are the Dwarf Cottage and potential Maleficent dragon set. Otherwise, I think we can lay the minifigure hopes to rest until the next CMF series comes out in 3 or 4 years.

4 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

I think the only sets I'm holding out hope for in terms of Minifigures are the Dwarf Cottage and potential Maleficent dragon set. Otherwise, I think we can lay the minifigure hopes to rest until the next CMF series comes out in 3 or 4 years.

What about the Target contest set?

3 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

Agree.

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

What about the Target contest set?

Possible. And there goes another Stitch!

I’m disappointed that the MOC creator used mostly rehashed minifigs. But you’re right, some of the older moulds could be gone.

What if they make Ariel from the remake?! That would be tragic!

18 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Possible. And there goes another Stitch!

I’m disappointed that the MOC creator used mostly rehashed minifigs. But you’re right, some of the older moulds could be gone.

What if they make Ariel from the remake?! That would be tragic!

Maybe they could give us Stitch with a hula skirt instead.

Probably the reason that set was chosen was because it utilized already existing minifigures minus Belle. I know people thought the Alice hair mold was gone until it resurfaced as a minidoll.

Considering how that Little Mermaid set is currently one of the discounted sets along with the infamous Hulkbuster and Black Panther bust sets, I think even Lego has realized there's no market for that. Let's just hope they learned that lesson in time for the Snow White set. 

Stitch looks fantastic. Not what I expected (in terms of accessories), but it's extremely well-built.

Buildable figures are usually cursed, so it's relieving to see that this one's not, as it's the first one I'm actually interested in.

Bummer that it doesn't include Lilo tho. Four LEGO Stitches, and not a single Lilo minifigure.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Maybe they could give us Stitch with a hula skirt instead.

Probably the reason that set was chosen was because it utilized already existing minifigures minus Belle. I know people thought the Alice hair mold was gone until it resurfaced as a minidoll.

Considering how that Little Mermaid set is currently one of the discounted sets along with the infamous Hulkbuster and Black Panther bust sets, I think even Lego has realized there's no market for that. Let's just hope they learned that lesson in time for the Snow White set. 

What are the chances that there will be more than 6 minifigs? Or that Lego will revise the lineup? How many new minifigs out of six could we expect?

Perhaps we may just see four or five vignettes, including sorcerer Mickey, instead of seven.

They could do Belle and Beast, Pinocchio and Geppetto, and either Ariel and Eric, or Jasmine and Ali.

1 minute ago, hikouki said:

What are the chances that there will be more than 6 minifigs? Or that Lego will revise the lineup? How many new minifigs out of six could we expect?

Perhaps we may just see four or five vignettes, including sorcerer Mickey, instead of seven.

They could do Belle and Beast, Pinocchio and Geppetto, and either Ariel and Eric, or Jasmine and Ali.

The minifigures were Pinocchio, Ariel, Belle, Aladdin, Stitch, and Elsa. Some, like Stitch and Pinocchio, would be easy to reuse. I personally wouldn't expect Lego to go out of their way to add more minifigs to that list than what we're seeing (as nice a surprise as Lilo or Beast would be).

Maybe they'd cut some stuff out like the Cinderella coach or Pride Rock if they want to just focus on vignettes associated with the minfigs. I'd still like to see a Simba figure though since they did Dumbo and Bambi and we are lacking in animal Disney characters.

I like your idea more of having Disney duos since we are missing Beast, Geppetto, and Eric and this would be an easy way to collect them. Although Eric might be a tough fit since the Little Mermaid vignette was of Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian underwater. I don't see Lego making so many new minifigs though so I think they'll just stick with one character per vignette like originally depicted.

12 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The minifigures were Pinocchio, Ariel, Belle, Aladdin, Stitch, and Elsa. Some, like Stitch and Pinocchio, would be easy to reuse. I personally wouldn't expect Lego to go out of their way to add more minifigs to that list than what we're seeing (as nice a surprise as Lilo or Beast would be).

Maybe they'd cut some stuff out like the Cinderella coach or Pride Rock if they want to just focus on vignettes associated with the minfigs. I'd still like to see a Simba figure though since they did Dumbo and Bambi and we are lacking in animal Disney characters.

I like your idea more of having Disney duos since we are missing Beast, Geppetto, and Eric and this would be an easy way to collect them. Although Eric might be a tough fit since the Little Mermaid vignette was of Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian underwater. I don't see Lego making so many new minifigs though so I think they'll just stick with one character per vignette like originally depicted.

Well, the celebration train were all new characters although the prints were dumbed down compared to the CMF versions of Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle. Geppetto could be made with generic parts. So with Eric. 

But yore right, I can’t see this being more than 4 figs.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bummer that it doesn't include Lilo tho. Four LEGO Stitches, and not a single Lilo minifigure.

It‘s even branded as a „Stitch“ set, no Lilo to be mentioned anywhere! *huh* Hope we’ll get a minifig of hers at some point…

And regarding the Ideas set: I’d say it’s more the general concept they’ll adapt (i.e., the sorcerer Mickey figure plus some vignettes), not necessarily these exact film scenes and minifigs. They still might of course, but previous Ideas sets have sometimes deviated quite a bit from the original entry :laugh:

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s even branded as a „Stitch“ set, no Lilo to be mentioned anywhere! *huh* Hope we’ll get a minifig of hers at some point…

And regarding the Ideas set: I’d say it’s more the general concept they’ll adapt (i.e., the sorcerer Mickey figure plus some vignettes), not necessarily these exact film scenes and minifigs. They still might of course, but previous Ideas sets have sometimes deviated quite a bit from the original entry :laugh:

That was my reasoning for not including it before. We know what we are supposed to get by the submission but that could change and if Belle gets taken out or they end up just reissued figures, then it becomes a set with no value to me. A large stipulation of the contest said that anything not requiring new molds would be preferred so I don't see Lego swapping any characters that may need a new headpiece or body type to be made. I think best case are some variants on the figures presented and Belle but I'm not holding my breath to see it.