Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, hikouki said:

I do prefer the color scheme on this one as well.

I was really hoping the rooms would be different - showing vignettes, and not just featuring objects referencing tales, just like the last castle. This just shows you that Lego/ Disney really just intended this set as a remake or a 1-for-1 replacement of the previous one.

I do hope we get the Sleeping Beauty castle one day, with actual rooms.

I'm always wondered why doesn't Disney do a similar thing like selling Harry Potter vignette castle sets that you can combine into? Would definitely be very popular! 

Just been browsing the castle listing on Lego’s website … there’s a quote saying “for a limited time only, look for this set in exclusive packaging”.. which I interpret as after the 100 year celebration event they’ll change the box.

For those that might be wanting to add John and Michael to the Wendy’s Flight Over London set the guy who did a brilliant MOC of the lost boys hideout has some pretty impressive MOCups of them both in this 😁

https://www.aaronbrickdesigner.com/lost-boys-hideout

3 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Just been browsing the castle listing on Lego’s website … there’s a quote saying “for a limited time only, look for this set in exclusive packaging”.. which I interpret as after the 100 year celebration event they’ll change the box.

For those that might be wanting to add John and Michael to the Wendy’s Flight Over London set the guy who did a brilliant MOC of the lost boys hideout has some pretty impressive MOCups of them both in this 😁

I was looking at those yesterday as well as the Lost Boys. Though I wonder if there is any better torso for John's torso. Would feel odd that he has the most detailed printing of the siblings.

Also, saw some rumors about 43223 and 43224 floating around the usual place. Any weight to those because they read more like wishlists with the wildly different pricing from what we were given.

Edited by OttoRiver

19 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

I was looking at those yesterday as well as the Lost Boys. Though I wonder if there is any better torso for John's torso. Would feel odd that he has the most detailed printing of the siblings.

Also, saw some rumors about 43223 and 43224 floating around the usual place. Any weight to those because they read more like wishlists with the wildly different pricing from what we were given.

Saw that too and came here immediately 😂 either it’s the first leak and the other bigger accounts are asleep or it’s fake. Time will tell

39 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

Where is this?

The Beauty and the Beast set is interesting because the description suggests that this will feature minidolls, not minifigures.

As for The Lion King, I'm wondering who the two male lions will be. It must be two from Mufasa, grownup Simba, and Scar. If we're starting to get Disney animal characters, I hope we can one day see sets/figures for Bambi, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, and One Hundred and One Dalmatians. 

If real, I could see the Pride Rock figs being Mufasa and Scar with the cubs being Nala and Simba. I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt but if these are real, I would be over the moon.....until I see the sparkles added to Mufasa's mane.

The fact that Rafiki, Timon, and Pumbaa are included as well sounds almost too good to be true. No mention of Zazu though.

5 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

....until I see the sparkles added to Mufasa's mane.

I wouldn't put it past them lol.

14 minutes ago, SuperSith said:

Aren't 43223 & 43224 Wish movie sets? Or at least two of the 3 sets for Oct 1 (43223, 43224, 43231).

43231 is listed as Dinsey Princess which seems to suggest it will be in the Minidoll line of sets and makes sense to be based on Wish given how Lego has traditionally released minidoll sets based around female led Disney Animation films (Moana, Frozen 2, Raya and the Last Dragon, Encanto) 

43223 and 43224 are not listed as Disney Princess which leads to the speculation that they are part of the 100 line of sets instead, which would mean minifigures.

Edited by OttoRiver

43 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The Beauty and the Beast set is interesting because the description suggests that this will feature minidolls, not minifigures.

People would riot, but it could easily just be referring to things like Belle’s hair and the Beast’s head. Those would still be compatible with minifigs, and the leaker specifically says “same parts” instead of “same mini dolls” or “same figures” so I wouldn’t consider it worth worrying too much about. 

I’m still taking this all with a heaping helping of salt until it’s confirmed by someone much more reliable though. 

Beast's minidoll head works fine for a minifig (with better printing hopefully), though he'd work better as a bigfig. Makes sense they would go for a 2-in-1 Beast/Prince Adam figure with a removeable head.

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

People would riot, but it could easily just be referring to things like Belle’s hair and the Beast’s head. Those would still be compatible with minifigs, and the leaker specifically says “same parts” instead of “same mini dolls” or “same figures” so I wouldn’t consider it worth worrying too much about. 

I’m still taking this all with a heaping helping of salt until it’s confirmed by someone much more reliable though. 

That's true. Although the Beast's head is very cartoony for my taste in minidoll form, especially how large the eyes are so I don't think he'd look really good next to minifigures. Belle's minidoll hair also isn't as accurate as I would like and I was hoping she'd get a new hairpiece like Ariel, Aurora, and Cinderella did. Jasmine and Snow White's minidoll hair was just perfect which is probably why they were carried over.

New account by the looks of it. Account made 9 months ago but only 2 posts and 3 name changes in the last 90 days. Most likely someone chasing clout unless a bigger, more reputable leaker can confirm the rumors. Some speculation to tide us over until October at any rate. I certainly wouldn't be mad if the rumors ended up being true.

The instagram app updated for me and it only shows the top hashtags of the hashtag I searched, not the recent ones. It sucks so much. Someone share the account name please.

7 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Brick Clicker did mention that the packaging will likely change.

What is the likelihood that the contents might change as well? Or are we really stuck with this castle until the next anniversary?

1 hour ago, OttoRiver said:

43231 is listed as Dinsey Princess which seems to suggest it will be in the Minidoll line of sets and makes sense to be based on Wish given how Lego has traditionally released minidoll sets based around female led Disney Animation films (Moana, Frozen 2, Raya and the Last Dragon, Encanto) 

43223 and 43224 are not listed as Disney Princess which leads to the speculation that they are part of the 100 line of sets instead, which would mean minifigures.

Wasn't it that what came out to be the Royal Clamshell was initially listed as Princess line?

There are several arguments for and against this item number being mini fig-based and not minidoll.

Minidoll: It is listed under 'Disney Princess'

Minifig: 1) Royal Clamshell precedent; 2) The designer of the clamshell implied on his interview with a YouTuber that Disney-Lego now has an 'adult strategy', implying that they would like to cater to AFOLs clamoring for minifigs and not minidolls.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

What is the likelihood that (whether it be minifig- or minidoll-based) it will actually feature Belle and Beast? I would really love for it to be so. But Lego-Disney could as well reserve them for a future CMF #4, or future set altogether.

22 minutes ago, Brickity said:

The instagram app updated for me and it only shows the top hashtags of the hashtag I searched, not the recent ones. It sucks so much. Someone share the account name please.

Yup, not popping up in the usual places for me.

2 hours ago, SuperSith said:

Aren't 43223 & 43224 Wish movie sets? Or at least two of the 3 sets for Oct 1 (43223, 43224, 43231).

Would it also be possible that an unannounced catalog number gets produced? LOL 

Lego needs to maximize the anniversary year and produce as many sets for it as possible!!!

1 hour ago, Brickity said:

lego_admiral_raddus

18 minutes ago, OttoRiver said:

lego_admiral_raddus

looking at the account, the post style is almost exactly the same as the now-defunct account lego_rocket_leaker, who posted since debunked descriptions of avengers tower. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the same account and they wiped their old posts and changed their username.

We already have prices and piece counts for the October sets, and of course they don’t match up with this drivel, not even close :tongue: 

Sorry, I’m little confused as I read this page here. Are The Lion King and Beauty & the Beas stuffs still the rumors?

On 6/21/2023 at 10:29 PM, hikouki said:

So it looks like that the last three sets are releasing in October (?).

43231 - 509pcs - $49.99 (Disney Princess)  - [I'm guessing this will be a mini doll set containing the rest of the princesses?]

43223 - 154pcs - $19.99 - [Given the inflated price of Disney sets these days, what could this be??? A poly bag??? LOL]

43224 - 613pcs - $99.99 - [Is this our only hope for Belle and Beast???]

No release date for the Agrabah Palace.

Disney Camera and Peter Pan sets will both release in September.

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We already have prices and piece counts for the October sets, and of course they don’t match up with this drivel, not even close :tongue: 

Totally agree!

So, no August release for Disney? And nothing after October? 

50 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Sorry, I’m little confused as I read this page here. Are The Lion King and Beauty & the Beas stuffs still the rumors?

No, it’s a bunch of baloney.

22 minutes ago, hikouki said:

So, no August release for Disney? And nothing after October? 

We already had a ton of sets though :laugh: 

i dont think these rumors mean anything prices are completely off from the rumors, though I do really hope that the 100$ set is a lion king one with the same 'figs'