Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

37 minutes ago, hikouki said:

They could have provided a separate hair piece with a long braid.

In this case, there would be no tower to drop her hair from... I suppose Disney was thinking that the other minifigs might trip on her long hair on that ballroom floor. LOL

Has Lego ever done a hairpiece where the hair is as long as the minifigure's height? Or close enough to touch the bottom of the legs? 

Just now, Calvinw said:

Disney Castle looks good, but such a disappointment to me.  I'm so against this remake.   And how the hell do they not have a Mickey and Minnie minifigure included in a Castle set?

I feel like that will also hurt sales, particularly from general consumers who think of Disney and the Disney Parks and automatically associate it with Mickey, Minnie, etc. The original castle was purchased by people who don't normally even buy Lego (I remember David Beckham shared the set on his social media during the pandemic) because it was such an icon, both for the castle design and the minifigures. There were only five but all five of them are Disney icons. 

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

's hard to tell from the blurry pics but is Rapunzel's braid the same mid-length braid she has as a minidoll?

Pretty sure it’s exactly the same piece.

21 minutes ago, Brickity said:

Pretty sure it’s exactly the same piece.

Thank you for confirming. That's a pity. I can understand now why the original leaker who saw this set in person said he didn't recognize any of the couples outside of Cinderella and her prince. Rapunzel in particular would probably look like a generic princess.

1 minute ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Thank you for confirming. That's a pity.

Yeah. They’ve been making more accurate molds for several of the princesses so I was hoping to be surprised. The long hair piece shouldn’t be hard to design, it can just lie flat on the back of the dress piece (when used with minifigs with legs it would look like flowing hair) and have a small gap at the bottom for the floor studs.

45 minutes ago, Brickity said:

Yeah. They’ve been making more accurate molds for several of the princesses so I was hoping to be surprised. The long hair piece shouldn’t be hard to design, it can just lie flat on the back of the dress piece (when used with minifigs with legs it would look like flowing hair) and have a small gap at the bottom for the floor studs.

I feel like this year they got lazy. Mulan's minifigure also reuses her minidoll hair. The hair suits her except for the fact that the dress they used for her minifigure is one she only wears when she has short hair. The minidoll of her blue dress also used that same long hairpiece but the minidolls are never very accurate and cater to little girls so I'm not surprised they felt long hair would sell better. The minifigure at least should have been more accurate with a short haircut.

Good point about the long hair. Even if they wanted to stick with Rapunzel's braid from the movie, that could have been feasible since it's long but still doesn't touch the ground. However, her movie braid is a much thicker braid than the generic piece they're using, plus it's covered with flowers. I can see Rapunzel fans being disappointed. The shade of purple for her dress is also inaccurate to the movie as it's too dark.

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

(I remember David Beckham shared the set on his social media during the pandemic) because it was such an icon.

Beckham is a long time afol btw. He has lots of LEGO sets.

9 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I've been pondering that too. Given what figures from large new sets have gone for in the past, it may be worth getting and selling the figures to be left with a lot of very useful bricks to build things with.

Yes possibly. It's rarer I think that people want to do it that way around so you might be on to something if you can catch that first wind of high sales and you would like a lot of the bricks.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes possibly. It's rarer I think that people want to do it that way around so you might be on to something if you can catch that first wind of high sales and you would like a lot of the bricks.

Minifigures definitely don't have the same value to me as to others. I see then as a bonus, rather than the main reason to buy a set. It may also mean that a load of figure-less castles are sold off early on too. Tempting.

this could be a good thing if we dont have beast and belle minifigures in the castle as maybe they will appear in a cheaper upcoming set

i dont know about you but i think the ground floor in the original castle is better

On 6/17/2023 at 5:22 PM, DisneyLego said:

Soooooo, it is a bitttt surprising that it’s a Disney100 branded box…

IMO, that’s an indicator it won’t be around more than 1-2 years?? I can’t imagine they keep the Disney100 branding for more than 2 years? I was on the fence about buying soon after release but may do so just to be safe.

That's a good point.

OTOH however, the castle is partly (perhaps even largely?) sold at Disney shops and Disney itself has a hand in the choice of castle (and minifigs). Part of its shelf life will depend on Disney insisting to sell and feature it and not another castle.

I do wonder what Disney and Lego plan on releasing as the Train and Station replacement, if at all.

Leaked set of 43232 out! I think Peter pan and Tinkerbell are the same minifigs from the train. Love the Wendy but need to have a closer look at her hair piece

i think the set looks great but no way im paying 60$ that 30$ set. the most i would do is 40, that pricing is absurd i dont know what they are thinking

i have a feeling that just 43231 will be for wish as it the only one branded under disney princesses, then 43223 and 43224 will be more classic setss, especially with them releasing in october which happens to be the actual anniversary month.

Its a cute vignette that I was expecting to see the whole year and I do wish this is the direction they use for most of the sets to come but $60 is outrageous. For 2 reused minifigures and a small build, I agree that $40 would be my maximum on this. Will most likely bricklink Wendy and leave it at that.

It‘s a cute set, but now I wish the 4+ train included other minifigs as this renders the Peter & Tinkerbell inclusions a bit pointless :tongue: 

I never comment on Disney stuff but I actually really like the Peter Pan set. Might be my favorite classic Disney movie and this build looks fantastic. Makes me feel like I’m a kid back in Disney world on the ride!

I can't say this one is working for me. The forced perspective is too forced with the minifigures that close to the scene and despite the arguably good part usage with the hairpieces as trees unfortunately all I can see is hairpieces. I will want to get Wendy, as I'm sure will most and as I'm sure Lego are banking on having already given us Pan and Tink in the train set. Price is getting beyond a joke though. If Lego knows they are starting to outprice their current buyers, but are aiming for a different market with more cash that kind of implies disdain for the loyalty of all those AFOLS who have been buying their product for years. As ever, not a dig at the designer(s) who I'm sure were given a brief and did their best with it, but I don't think we should feel the need to say everything is awesome purely because it's Lego.

I will have to skip the Peter Pan set too. It's too expensive to get my third Peter Pan, my second Tink and only one new figure. If they set included John, Mike and Nana I would consider buying it, but now I'm only interested in the Wendy minifigure.

Looking at the Wendy fig, anyone else wish they had moved her eyebrows a bit down? The hair piece is right on top of them and it makes it look like her eyebrows are nonexistent. 

16 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

First official castle images are out there. :classic:

where? edit: found em

tiana looks exactly the same to be

also florian looks to be reusing that antman/peter parker head

Edited by Surge

Sad day for the half dozen people in here dying for a wendy fig....

NGL the set is gorgeous. I'd love to have those light blue pieces. The price is just plain unacceptable.

17 minutes ago, Surge said:

where? edit: found em

also florian looks to be reusing that antman/peter parker head

Where? I’m not seeing them

20 minutes ago, Surge said:

Tiana does look identical doesn't she. Such a waste. :hmpf_bad:

4 minutes ago, stroud1492 said:

Where? I’m not seeing them

Messaged you.