Izzynufc-2

Super Mario 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I love the Bowser car set! I've been really wanting a Bowser but I didn't want to pay ridiculous prices for it. I really like his car and it's a great build. For $30 it's an insta-buy! I really wish the Yoshi set came with one in at least one new color. Pink and yellow are so over-done. Blue would have been nice but for $10 it's still a neat little set and it's about time we got a Yoshi egg.

As somebody that doesn't own a Bowser or any Yoshis, I'm quite happy with both of these. Super Mario sets always go on incredible discount here in Australia, so these will be great buys after not too much time.

58 minutes ago, Borex said:

I love the car, but i already have two Bowsers, so i probably going to skip that set

Yoshi set is good. That egg is the main character here. Too bad they went for these recolors instead of giving us colors we don’t have yet (black, purple, light blue, orange). So i probably are going to skip this set as well

I think this Bowser uses a different build to the others. Or at least newer parts like the 1x2 half circle.

Do wish they made a 2x2 curved slope for the Yoshi's and Koopas so you didn't see the gap between the parts that makes it look like a mouth.

Edited by Takanuinuva

Huh, a part of me was wondering if I should skip the Bowser car set (since even though it looks great I already have two Bowsers from his castle and Peach's), but I just noticed that this one actually redesigns his hands to look better.

9 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Huh, a part of me was wondering if I should skip the Bowser car set (since even though it looks great I already have two Bowsers from his castle and Peach's), but I just noticed that this one actually redesigns his hands to look better.

Exactly, I'm surprised more people haven't pointed out the improvement on Bowser's claws, it looks a lot better.

Like everyone else here, I'm really liking the car. It captures the source material very well, and has a great value to boot! I know people are also into the Yoshi set, but I've already got a pink one and the yellow one doesn't interest me much either. The egg is a cool inclusion, but not enough to justify buying the whole set.

As for the other two revealed earlier, I'm happy we finally have a cheap (and wildly available) toad house, and nabbit is a good bonus too! The penguin set has me surprised with it's price, I thought for sure it would be more expensive for the size. It's a pretty good wave so far.

21 hours ago, hikouki said:

Are we ever seeing actual minifigs soon?

Or perhaps Lego is just too careful not to break the internet, and also cause a stampede in their stores?

Wrack-It Ralph can help Lego Mario break internet! 

I wish hey give us minifigures…

Honestly the leaked sets are okay, nothing too exciting (as usual). I feel like we’ve gotten indiscriminate ice area and yoshi by a tree like 4 times at this point. 
Hoping the August 2024 wave is minifigures, this theme is getting even more stale imo. Even if we had to have the ugly blocky style, could we at least get cool interesting locations from the games? Lol 

Edited by SlimyGhoul

Really surprising how well priced the Bowser Car is.

40 Cad for 458 pieces (Especially with some larger ones in there like Bowser's Shell)

For sure a day 1 purchase for me. (Maybe I'll order it and the Piranha Plant online)

8 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Really surprising how well priced the Bowser Car is.

Same! What a good deal!

The Yoshi set is quite good at $10 too, for those of us who don't yet have those Yoshis.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:12 PM, CodFather1 said:

A cheap set with Bowser in it? I don't have any of the other Mario Sets, but sign me up for one of those!

I honestly think I might get this as my first boxed mario set (I got one of those yellow Yoshi polybags and he's currently sitting on my home desk holding a minifigure's pistol. I'm planning on getting him a fedora). $30 is a really good deal for this parts pack, and I do think a lego bowser would be cool- especially since if they ever do a lego mario minifig, bowser's size is variable enough in the games that this'll scale just fine to him. Those 6 LBG candle elements are staring me in the face, and I've been looking to get my hands on that new 1x1 brick with stud on side with the rounded end. Dunno what I'd do with all the purple, though.

Got lucky and found the Piranha Plant at my local Walmart

Nice build but the lower jaw felt a little to loose

Swapped out the center 1x1 red beam for this and it fits together a lot better
18677.png