Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m quite surprised it hasn’t already leaked, considering it’s supposed to be available in a little over two weeks :laugh: That said, there’s no way it won’t leak beforehand :snicker: 

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I just want a Gringotts review, I’m dying over here

Swiftbricks has the set already, so she’ll hopefully post a review soon :classic: Unless there’s still an embargo

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Swiftbricks has the set already, so she’ll hopefully post a review soon :classic: Unless there’s still an embargo

Yeah I saw that just right after I posted lol, hopefully she can post it soon. I’m really looking forwards to see how Gringotts looks with the rest of Diagon Alley in the flesh without being smack dab right in the middle like in the lifestyle photo. September 1st can’t come soon enough! 

Edited by RODDY

I mean none of the other HP GWP's have ever coincided with the release of a D2C HP set so I doubt this one will be released together either. I would love to be proven wrong, but evidence suggests otherwise.

2022:

40577: Hogwarts: Grand Staircase - 15 July

76405: Hogwarts Express - Collectors' Edition - 31 August

2021:

40452: Hogwarts Gryffindor Dorms - 25 October

76391: Hogwarts Icons - Collectors' Edition - 2 September

2020:

30628: Monster Book of Monsters - 1 January 2021

75978: Diagon Alley - 1 September

2019: No GWP and no D2C

2018:

40289: Diagon Alley - 5 November

71043: Hogwarts Castle - 1 September

Edited by Salix

44 minutes ago, Salix said:

I mean none of the other HP GWP's have ever coincided with the release of a D2C HP set so I doubt this one will be released together either. I would love to be proven wrong, but evidence suggests otherwise.

It is pretty suspicious that the GWP hasn’t leaked yet. While the leakers have stated from the get-go that it would coincide with the D2C set, it might as well have been an educated guess. After all, a Gringotts GWP coinciding with a Gringotts D2C would make perfect sense, wouldn’t it? :laugh: But this is TLG, their release strategies are not always that obvious :tongue:

I still choose to believe the leakers for the time being, but if this doesn’t surface soon, there’s no way it’ll release Sep 1st.

While I completely understand that none of the previous Harry Potter GWPs came out at the same time as the D2C's, to be honest not a single one of them really goes along with the sets. They were just random Harry Potter GWPs.

This is the first time the GWP has directly related to the D2C and it reminds me more than anything of the Eiffel's Apartment GWP that was released alongside the Eiffel tower. So i'm with Brickbob. I'm holding out hope that the GWP is releasing in two weeks to coincide with Gringott's.

Also, looking back at news articles on it, i'm not sure about the leaks, but the Eiffel Apartment was revealed approximately 10 days before the release of the Eiffel tower. So hopefully early next week at the latest.

Edited by chris6507

Diagon Alley had the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickheadz and the Harry and Hedwig Owl Post polybag as GWPs on its release on September 1st -  at least in the UK.

Also, the Monster Book of Monsters GWP coincided with the January 1st release of the original 4 Hogwarts Moments sets - again, at least in the UK.

Edited by NostalgicBricks

I wonder which of the three missings bits of information will find its way to us first: 

• Gringotts review
  • GWP infos/leak
  • 2024 info

Any of those could theoretically hit us at any time now :excited:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wonder which of the three missings bits of information will find its way to us first: 

• Gringotts review
  • GWP infos/leak
  • 2024 info

Any of those could theoretically hit us at any time now :excited:

Don't forget to add the (potential) upcoming game to that list.

7 hours ago, Salix said:

2020:

30628: Monster Book of Monsters - 1 January 2021

75978: Diagon Alley - 1 September

Brickheads Hagrid and Buckbeak was the tie in GWP for Diagon Alley. I definitely got it when I ordered the DA just after midnight on release day. 

We’ve been told the vault comes in September right? And in general the concept of it seems very tied to the set (although the same could’ve been said for micro Hogwarts and the micro DA).

A lot of pretty reliable leakers seem to agree on the September release for the Gringotts Vault gwp. So it seems unlikely that it’s just a guess or speculation. Hopefully we’ll learn more in the next week or so. 

I'm just starting to doubt they'll release an entire (albeit small) addition to the D2C set as a GWP. Lots of people were sure we would get a wall/part of Leaky couldron GWP with Diagon Alley back then too.

46 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

I'm just starting to doubt they'll release an entire (albeit small) addition to the D2C set as a GWP. Lots of people were sure we would get a wall/part of Leaky couldron GWP with Diagon Alley back then too.

The difference is that the Leaky Cauldron was baseless speculation, whereas the Vault GWP has been confirmed by multiple leakers :tongue:

17 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Brickheads Hagrid and Buckbeak was the tie in GWP for Diagon Alley. I definitely got it when I ordered the DA just after midnight on release day.

Now you mention it, I also got those BrickHeadz with Diagon Alley. So I've been proven wrong. :P

22 hours ago, chris6507 said:

While I completely understand that none of the previous Harry Potter GWPs came out at the same time as the D2C's, to be honest not a single one of them really goes along with the sets. They were just random Harry Potter GWPs.

This is the first time the GWP has directly related to the D2C and it reminds me more than anything of the Eiffel's Apartment GWP that was released alongside the Eiffel tower. So i'm with Brickbob. I'm holding out hope that the GWP is releasing in two weeks to coincide with Gringott's.

Also, looking back at news articles on it, i'm not sure about the leaks, but the Eiffel Apartment was revealed approximately 10 days before the release of the Eiffel tower. So hopefully early next week at the latest.

I mean it would make sense that the Gringotts GWP would come out with the Gringotts D2C just as much as it did with the Eiffel Tower and the apartment. I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

Finally new info!

According to Brick Clicker's Instagram story about the Gringrots Vault Promo: "The set contains a vault that can be attached to the bottom of Gringotts (slightly deeper than the ones in the set) Also includes a Goblin minifig, rollercoaster track and a minecart. Unknown threshold bit available from Sept 1st".

Sounds like a good GWP to me! The description reminds me of the first Gringrots set from 2002. A nice throwback!

Edited by Bricknificent

16 minutes ago, Bricknificent said:

Finally new info!

According to Brick Clicker's Instagram story about the Gringrots Vault Promo: "The set contains a vault that can be attached to the bottom of Gringotts (slightly deeper than the ones in the set) Also includes a Goblin minifig, rollercoaster track and a minecart. Unknown threshold bit available from Sept 1st".

Sounds like a good GWP to me! The description reminds me of the first Gringrots set from 2002. A nice throwback!

I’m just happy that we’ve finally got a specific start date from someone reliable. 

Sounds like it’s also going to be a generic vault that’s just got a little more space than the ones in the set - which allows for people to make it belong to whomever they desire (which is rather appropriate for lego). 

Hopefully the goblin includes a new print or two, or at least mixes and matches existing ones so it’s not a copy of any of the set goblins. Either way it’s nice to be able to beef up the Gringotts staff even more. 

With any luck we’ll also get a bunch more of the printed galleon tiles and whatever treasure-y pieces the designers can squeeze into the budget for this little set. 

Oh no no no ... I'd say that the GWP is the last thing I need but that sounds amazing! The only problem is that I wasn't planning on getting Gringotts this year, I was going to spend longer saving up. Lego really know what they're doing throwing in these sizeable GWPs alongside these massive D2C behemoths

40 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Oh no no no ... I'd say that the GWP is the last thing I need but that sounds amazing! The only problem is that I wasn't planning on getting Gringotts this year, I was going to spend longer saving up. Lego really know what they're doing throwing in these sizeable GWPs alongside these massive D2C behemoths

Depend on what the purchase threshold is, you might not have to get Gringott’s unless it’s literally the only Harry Potter set you don’t have yet. Which also shouldn’t be the case since the Architecture style Hogwarts is coming on the same day. 

Which begs the question, what’s the highest gwp thresholds we’ve ever had for Harry Potter? $200, $250? And this one only has a single minifig. There’s a decent chance that getting the new micro Hogwarts and the advent calendar will be enough to clear the threshold - assuming it isn’t exclusively tied to buying the Gringotts set. 

Dylan Chow has posted a teaser for the GWP set on IG, but I‘m not sure if it‘s a mock-up or an actual teaser :shrug_oh_well: Looks like a neat little set either way!

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Dylan Chow has posted a teaser for the GWP set on IG, but I‘m not sure if it‘s a mock-up or an actual teaser :shrug_oh_well: Looks like a neat little set either way!

Promobricks and Falconfan did post it too, so it should be it. According to Promobricks you could use it as a coinbank. 

8 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Promobricks and Falconfan did post it too, so it should be it. According to Promobricks you could use it as a coinbank. 

Who would put actual coins in there? :laugh_hard: I think it‘s meant to hold the three larger coins included in the D2C set, similar to how the Gryffindor dormitory GWP allowed you to display the chocolate frog cards

The GWP set has leaked (picture in the usual place)!! The goblin has an exclusive faceprint by the looks of it :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants