Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Brickity said:

I find it odd how they finally gave themselves an opportunity to create a new face for Bellatrix, yet created it based on Mantis.

True. My favourite Bellatrix faceprint is still the CMF one. Baffling that they abandoned that one, but that's par for the course. The prints they created for Ginny and HBP Hermione in the same series also didn't stick :shrug_confused: Griphook's and Myrtle's on the other hand are both pretty similar to the CMF ones, and the ones created for Fred & George are still being used 

5 hours ago, Brickity said:

I find it odd how they finally gave themselves an opportunity to create a new face for Bellatrix, yet created it based on Mantis. Same for every new face print they’ve made for Hermione. They’re basically new expressions for Carina Smith haha. 

Reminds of the Ministry Set, where they did new faces for Harry and Hermione but just reprinted the same old Ron face for his de-polyjuiced version.

It annoys me about Hermione as well, but it's part of a broader issue that LEGO has pushed themselves into so uniform a style for minifigure design that they seem to struggle with capturing especially women who apparently have no "defining features" when distilled down into minifigure form. If they went back to sparingly using a few more soft lines for things like cheekbones (which I suppose they still do sometimes) they could do a lot better.

I still maintain that though the style was a bit weird, the Goblet of Fire / Order of the Phoenix Hermione minifigure did the best job at capturing the character's essence and even being reminiscent of Emma Watson.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

It annoys me about Hermione as well, but it's part of a broader issue that LEGO has pushed themselves into so uniform a style for minifigure design that they seem to struggle with capturing especially women who apparently have no "defining features" when distilled down into minifigure form. If they went back to sparingly using a few more soft lines for things like cheekbones (which I suppose they still do sometimes) they could do a lot better.

I agree. Sometimes the most characteristic aspects they can really take advantage of are the eyebrows, yet they end up making them very generic. In Emma’s case the eyebrows and mouth shape are her main traits.

I tried replicating Emma’s eyebrows in a custom a while ago, IMO more accurate than the Carina face:

BAC7A7AA-3476-4E00-8CA0-9407985021E7.jpg

Edited by Brickity

1 hour ago, Brickity said:

I tried replicating Emma’s eyebrows in a custom a while ago, IMO more accurate than the Carina face:

Yeah, fans seem way better at it than LEGO themselves, while still coming up with designs that look totally aligned to LEGO's style.

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I still maintain that though the style was a bit weird, the Goblet of Fire / Order of the Phoenix Hermione minifigure did the best job at capturing the character's essence and even being reminiscent of Emma Watson.

I didn’t know that looking like she was stoned out of her mind was one of her key characteristics :laugh_hard: I’ll take more generic faces over the pre-2011 monstrosities any day

For U.K. Harry Potter fans: Lego has the two system sets from the winter on sale at shop@home, also SmythToys superstore has an extra deal on: £10 off if you spend £50, ends Monday 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Now that we finally get a OotP-style Death Eater, there are only three characters left I want from this theme: Bill, Narcissa, and Karkaroff. Maybe Scimgeour and Mundungus, but those are not that important all things considered. Never thought in 2018 that we'd actually get to a point where the list becomes this laughably short.

I mean, in 2011, I desperately wanted OotP Sirius, Scabior, Kreacher, Tonks, Slughorn, Aberforth, Kingsley, Yaxley, and modernised versions of Moody, Trelawney, Umbridge, Lockhart, and Quirrell, and now we ended up getting all of them :wub_drool:

So no matter what they do from this point on, I'll be satisfied with how this theme has been handled. If only some other themes got the same amount of love and care...

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

34 minuti fa, BrickBob Studpants disse:

Quindi, non importa cosa facciano da questo punto in avanti, sarò soddisfatto di come è stato gestito questo tema. Se solo alcuni altri temi omettessero la stessa quantità di amore e cura...

It's my own thought!

It's not my favorite theme, but it's the best managed one

A bit late to the party, but I love how absurd this set looks with the base plate balancing on the underground section.

I feel for all of you that mainly want to finish off diagon alley though. I’m not surprised Lego sells it as one set, but it would’ve been more consumer friendly to sell it as two sets (or even three)

The “Gringot Ts Bank” stickers are frankly embarrassing though. Inexcusable for a set of this price

Has there been any more rumors regarding the GWP? I’ve heard it’s supposed to release in September to coincide with Gringott’s, but do we have any specific dates yet? Is the promo period going to coincide exactly with the release or will those wanting it need to wait to pick up the D2C?

And for that matter, what vault is it even going to be based on? I originally presumed it would be one of the ones visited in SS and feature 11 year old Harry, but both those vaults and the hand me down wearing Harry are in the actual Gringott’s set. Is it possible we could get something more obscure, like Nicholas Flamel placing the stone in vault 713, or the real Bellatrix with a more extensive version of the Lestrange vault?

And on a somewhat unrelated note, where are the official images for the advent calendar? The Star Wars and Friends calendars have been up on Shop@home for a while, but still no sign of Harry Potter or the other two. 

@Accio Lego, fwiw, we have the AC box art - I know it's on brickset - which means we have about half the contents, plus the two additional leaked figs. 

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Accio Lego, fwiw, we have the AC box art - I know it's on brickset - which means we have about half the contents, plus the two additional leaked figs. 

I was aware of that, I just think it’s weird that 3 out of the 5 advent calendars haven’t been added to the website yet when they release September 1st. 

Is this pin perhaps to attach the rumored vault GWP?

image.png.5203d99975b10483841a2fc0c1eb842a.png

Picture is low quality, but you can clearly see it on the 360 video on the Lego page.

Edited by domen151

1 hour ago, domen151 said:

image.png.5203d99975b10483841a2fc0c1eb842a.png

Picture is low quality, but you can clearly see it on the 360 video on the Lego page.

Seems unlikely since, as you can see, that’s directly below the stopping point for the mine cart track. Not exactly the most convenient place to attach something else. There’s also clearer pictures where you can see there’s another pin directly above it that has a spacer piece on it. That’s usually something you see when the part is meant to be turned or pulled in some way, so I imagine both pins are part of some play feature involving the mine carts. 

39 minutes ago, domen151 said:

That‘d be kind of weird. The GWP has to depict one of the three vaults seen in the movies, which are all already featured in the set. And why would it be attached down there? :laugh: I think it‘s just a separate model.

I don't think it's worth dragging up the whole 'missing characters' list as we don't really get any new ones in this set, but we can now tick off a few more creatures/animals/beings:

Norbert
Troll
Unicorn
Other Triwizard Dragons
Inferi

Giants

Fang

(Errol) 

(Trevor) 

(Firenze) 

Ukrainian Ironbelly
Goblins

I think we could easily get another Gringotts in the style of the new WWW shop a few years down the line, but aside from some recolours of the Goblin hair, there's not much else we could ask for from the Goblins. 

The ones in brackets we have the species of, but not the actual character. 

Many if the remaining ones all appear in PS (Norbert, Troll, Unicorn, Fang, Firenze, Trevor) and I don't hold out much hope for the other Triwizard Dragons :laugh:

Edited by Seaber

3 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I don't think it's worth dragging up the whole 'missing characters' list as we don't really get any new ones in this set, but we can now tick off a few more creatures/animals/beings:

Ricbert and Bogrod have names, so those two should count :tongue: And the Death Eater counts too in my book

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ricbert and Bogrod have names, so those two should count :tongue: And the Death Eater counts too in my book

Ricbert is a film invention like Nigel, so I left him off as I didn't think we'd ever get non-book characters tbh. 

And Pig only appears in a promo photo and not in the full films I think, although I would love to get a tiny owl of course! 

5 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

@SeaberPIG! You forgot Pigwidgeon. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Ricbert is a film invention like Nigel, so I left him off as I didn't think we'd ever get non-book characters tbh. 

Why not? The sets are based on the films, so it was only a matter of time until a film-only character got the minifig treatment :laugh: The reason we haven‘t seen one before is likely because most of them are random students. Ricbert makes sense as he‘s the head teller

49 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Do the Gringotts roller Coaster stracks look pearl dark grey to you? 

I think they actually are pearl dark grey (formerly known as gun metal grey, also known as titanium metallic) :classic:

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Seaber, PIG! You forgot Pigwidgeon. 

Rumor has it that the owl in the upcoming Marvel series 2 cmf will use a smaller mold, so Pigwidgeon has more of a chance of happening than ever before 

The design of the UI Dragon in this set looks so much like a system mass release model for play, it looks very robust and well made in terms of structural strength and articulation but at the sacrifice of looking a bit robotic, I relay wish this model was in a smaller retail set for most kids (and myself) to have a chance of having it.

I hope like WWW there is a cheaper remake (perhaps the underground section on its own) in a year or two to make these scenes more accessible for those of us who can’t afford a £370 set 

Also we need that Death Eater in the next Advent Calendar 😁

Edited by Bugbot20082

52 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Also we need that Death Eater in the next Advent Calendar 😁

What we need is a Death Eater battlepack :laugh: Not very realistic, I know. However, a small Battle of the Department of Mysteries set or one based on the Battle of the Seven Potters would do the trick too.

In general, I hope $20 sets make a return next year. A small set like that was sorely missing from this year‘s summer wave

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What we need is a Death Eater battlepack :laugh: Not very realistic, I know. However, a small Battle of the Department of Mysteries set or one based on the Battle of the Seven Potters would do the trick too.

In general, I hope $20 sets make a return next year. A small set like that was sorely missing from this year‘s summer wave

They have enough prints etc available to do a good Death Eater character pack, I can imagine/wish for:

Bellatrix & Fenrir (same as the Burrow), plus the Death Eater from Gringotts, then finally Lucius Malfoy.
Side build is some prophecy shelves etc.  

The new print budget for the pack spent on a new torso for Lucius (for the department of Mystery’s battle), and a new head for him with a mask on the reverse.

Edited by Bugbot20082