Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

That’s a pretty great guess but I don’t think we are ready for a DH Ron. 

Have we ever gotten an AC minifig reused into a set? 

So we definitely aren’t getting DH Ron? He was my most anticipated minifig of this wave, and this is the set I’ve been most excited for :(

38 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

That’s a pretty great guess but I don’t think we are ready for a DH Ron. 

Have we ever gotten an AC minifig reused into a set? 

Only once in the HP theme, hp316 appeared first in the 2021 Advent Calendar and then was reused in the 2022 Collector's Edition Hogwarts Express. Given that it was close to hp256 from 2020's Diagon Alley (different heads), maybe that doesn't count? Other than that, it was always the other way around, minifigs that were reused appeared first in sets, and then maybe a year later in an AC.

10 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Only once in the HP theme, hp316 appeared first in the 2021 Advent Calendar and then was reused in the 2022 Collector's Edition Hogwarts Express. Given that it was close to hp256 from 2020's Diagon Alley (different heads), maybe that doesn't count? Other than that, it was always the other way around, minifigs that were reused appeared first in sets, and then maybe a year later in an AC.

Thanks! 

I guess it wouldn’t be weird to reuse the AC Neville but I would still hope for an accurate version this time. 

How likely is it for the Dobby set to be in the style of the Harry and Hermione Maxifigs? I feel like that would be the only way it might turn out looking less-than-horrifying. Happy to be proven wrong though 

I really hope we get a Battle of Hogwarts Ron. It would be completely bizarre to have Harry and Hermione without him. Although, maybe it would be a nice tribute to the dimensions sets giving us DH2 Hermione but no Ron. 

LEGO isn’t against holding things back to use as bait later but DH2 Ron would be a really strange thing to hold back. 

11 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

How likely is it for the Dobby set to be in the style of the Harry and Hermione Maxifigs? I feel like that would be the only way it might turn out looking less-than-horrifying. Happy to be proven wrong though 

Very unlikely. Even though Dobby is smaller in stature, the set is still too cheap to be in that style :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I really hope we get a Battle of Hogwarts Ron. It would be completely bizarre to have Harry and Hermione without him.

*sad maxifig noises*

58 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Promobricks have a news video scheduled for 8pm (so in 7 hours) :excited:

Is that the German website or the English promobricks offshoot project? They seem to have different YT channels, and I couldn't find mention of a video on the promobricks site. (I'm not on IG.) 

4 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Is that the German website or the English promobricks offshoot project? They seem to have different YT channels, and I couldn't find mention of a video on the promobricks site. (I'm not on IG.) 

It's on the German website. It was posted on 4 April. And I couldn't find anything about it on instagram.

12 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

https://www.promobricks.de/promobricks-lego-news-talk-24/160611/

Edit: Ninja‘d :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Is it actually news or are they just discussing the latest stuff already known? I don't watch normally so don't know the usual format of their videos. I don't want to get excited for nothing. :laugh:

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is it actually news or are they just discussing the latest stuff already known? I don't watch normally so don't know the usual format of their videos. I don't want to get excited for nothing. :laugh:

I'm not sure either. Hopefully we'll get someone to translate it for us if they say anything new.

Thanks, @Salix, @mark1991t and @BrickBob Studpants. I think I was so focused on the BAM (Finally! Why is this not a monthly thing?), I completely missed that entry. :laugh:

@BacktoBricks, there's a tendency to blither (I find that's typical for YT as a whole :tongue:), but that's how promobricks introduces the news they have. News, then discussion thereof, much as we speculate on which figures we might see when we have only a number that will be included. And it probably seems far less blithersome if you're less versed in either lego or HP fandom than most folks here are... :wink:

"There's something for Harry Potter fans, too, a new Hogwarts Express and an edition of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes await us in the first half year. Max and I will explore the news with you and we look forward to hearing your opinions [in the li.ve.ch.at / comments]."  

Given they linked to their own article about the HE & WWW without teasing anything more, I'm not super optimistic we'll hear anything new to regulars here, but if they've seen pictures and are allowed to expand on those... I won't be able to listen in until late, perhaps @BrickBob Studpants can translate earlier? If not 23.00 / 24.00 ish CET. :classic:

Edited by krimimimi
for some reason "li.ve.ch.at" causes issues without the full stops.

Thanks @krimimimi Haha yes the Lego Youtube community does know how to blither. But then don't we all. :laugh: I get the feeling we may not get any new information then, especially as Nicki from Promobricks News channel did say she had a video filmed with more news but she is waiting for the go ahead to release that and she hasn't yet. Of course she might release it later to coincide with this other video, but that doesn't really make sense to me. The fact that Promobricks has two channels is kind of confusing, especially when one is labelled 'News', but I get that they are German based so she is more the English speaking front I think.

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Did you hint that the Hogsmeade Platform would be Philosopher's Stone based @bRICKbRAT or did I hallucinate that? :laugh:

I don’t know anything about the two Store Exclusive sets aside from the Names. 

sorry

2 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I don’t know anything about the two Store Exclusive sets aside from the Names. 

sorry

That's fine, I just could have sworn you mentioned something about it being PS based but it all becomes a bit of a blur after a while of who said what. :thumbup::classic: You have been very helpful already.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I‘m having dinner at a restaurant while the livestream happens, so no live translations on my part, sadly :sceptic:

Unless they take as long as last time to drop the news, at which point I might be back home already :laugh_hard:

Promobricks just mentioned in their livestream that Gringotts will apparently be consisting of two parts: the underground track system with dungeon & vaults and the upper part with the Gringotts building, which apparently can be taken off the lower part and then be put next to DA.

So I guess there will be no other DA buildings coming with Gringotts.

Edited by Axxe90

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Unless they take as long as last time to drop the news, at which point I might be back home already :laugh_hard:

They talk about Harry Potter around half an hour in. 

My German isn't the best, I didn't understand much of it, but for my understanding the twins are confirmed to be in WWW. Nothing on the rest of the figs. They talk a little about Gringotts, but no new news I believe.

Only listening with one ear (long hair is a blessing) but there doesn't seem any new info at this point.

The two recent additions to our list are (partly) exclusive, which is why we don't know a whole lot about them. [I take that to mean it's probably following the same pattern as the 2018 HE availability.] Names, piece count price and minifig numbers are known (and not new), but most of the rest is just a bunch of speculation. For example that the HE is without a motor, which I think most of us expected as well due to both name and price, and likely with only one car (price and piece count - 270 pieces more than the 2018 version - again). 

Less speculative, the WWW is apparently a "play set", more in keeping, by their interpretation from the info they were given, with the Hogsmeade set stores than the DA D2C WWW. 

@mark1991t, Weasleys are not confirmed in the WWW, but they said they can't imagine they wouldn't be included. 

Edited by krimimimi

@Axxe90, sorry, not quite. I went back and listened to the Gringotts section again. Christian thinks it will be interesting to see how lego do it, because he "can't picture it." Max speculated it might be like that Jabba set with the Rancor pit (4480 Jabba's Palace 2003), but we'd learn more in the very detailed article [from them] that would very certainly be appearing in the near future ... "just as soon as we get the information," Christian added, which (unless kidding) strongly suggests that they don't know at this time as opposed to them waiting for the "all clear". There was no information either way as to other inclusions or lack thereof.

And Max seems sure that Gringotts should fit with the DA dimensions, but the use of the modal verb "should" means he isn't absolutely certain. It's not "will".

Edited by krimimimi

@krimimimi maybe it's only my interpretation but I kindly disagree.

I had the impression that they already have seen the pictures of the set (Niki from their english YT channel has clearly seen pictures of some sets as she already confirmed herself, question is if Gringotts was in these pictures as well) but they cannot tell yet and try to "hide" their knowledge.

Right after saying that they "wonder" how Gringotts will be made there is a quite long pause after which one of them says he "thinks" it will be like Jabbas Palace. Then later he says "if I remember correctly, there is the upper bank building and the lower section with tracks and dungeons. And you can remove the upper section and put it next to diagon alley if you wish so." (there was no "should" used by him). And then he finishs saying that we will all be able to read this info in the detailed article "which will surely be coming very soon".

Since Niki confirmed that she is already doing the video with the details, we know that the article is coming soon. And according to the guys the info about Gringotts will be included as well. Niki says she has to wait to be sure everything is correct, but it all sounds like they are waiting for the "go" from the source to publish it.

Anyway I hope the video is coming soon, I really can't wait for all the set descriptions!!

Edited by Axxe90

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Weasleys are not confirmed in the WWW, but they said they can't imagine they wouldn't be included. 

Thanks for clarifying.