Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Only capes as far as I know of. So that doesn't bode too well. What I think is odd is that they picked purple for the legs, kilt or not, there's absolutely no purple in his outfit there. Sure his robes might reach there, but that's the backside, not the front.

Went and had a look on BL, and you were correct. Spotted three capes in the Star Wars ACs, 2 Darth Vaders and one Darth Maul. Still, that makes me more hopeful for a skirt piece than no cloaks would.  

Aberforth's socks could be dark red, perhaps, with a strip of flesh visible for the knee. I agree the purple is likely a reflection (and simplification) of his robes. 

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Aberforth's socks could be dark red, perhaps, with a strip of flesh visible for the knee. I agree the purple is likely a reflection (and simplification) of his robes. 

That would've been perfect. Alas... Oh well, I think I will just make quite a few purist adjustments myself. As long as we get the face and torso that shouldn't be too big of an issue. Definitely gonna change the beard.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Definitely gonna change the beard.

Which beard piece are you going to go with?

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Which beard piece are you going to go with?

Probably Old Man Marley, like they used in the game. It's not perfect, but at least it's about the right size. Plus you can actually see the torso that way. Right now he looks a bit too similar to Albus for my taste.

49 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Probably Old Man Marley, like they used in the game. It's not perfect, but at least it's about the right size. Plus you can actually see the torso that way. Right now he looks a bit too similar to Albus for my taste.

That’s the Santa beard in grey right? I was considering the same, since it’s actually fairly similar to what Abe’s beard looks like in the Hogwarts Mystery animation. If nothing else, it’s about the right length and helps to differentiate him from Albus a bit. 

51 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

That’s the Santa beard in grey right? I was considering the same, since it’s actually fairly similar to what Abe’s beard looks like in the Hogwarts Mystery animation. If nothing else, it’s about the right length and helps to differentiate him from Albus a bit. 

Jup, that's the one. Funny how he appears to have purple socks in Hogwarts Mystery, the legs fit a little bit better with that portrayal xD.

5 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That new hairpiece in that BTS ideas set would be perfect for Lockhart if recoloured.

Perfect indeed.  We need a new Lockhart figure, none of the ones we got sat right with me, Didn't feel like any part of him was quite right. color,print,hair or face.

Might put that hair on Tom Riddle as well, casue i like the big bangs. not as perfect but yea.

Edited by deskp

Excuse me for barging into this thread, but if I recall correctly there was a Harry Potter polybag to be released this year, I think it was quidditch themed. Any more info on that?

56 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

Excuse me for barging into this thread, but if I recall correctly there was a Harry Potter polybag to be released this year, I think it was quidditch themed. Any more info on that?

Nope, still a mystery.

3 hours ago, deskp said:

Perfect indeed. We need a new Lockhart figure, none of the ones we got sat right with me, Didn't feel like any part of him was quite right. color,print,hair or face.

I agree, he looked a bit too plane imo. For a character like Lockhart they should go all out. Cape, printed legs etc. Sadly he doesn't really fit in this year's sets. Unless they put him in the Quidditch ones for the broken arm scene, but that feels unlikely.

As the professional resident Lockhart enthusiast, even though I enjoyed the two we got so far, the new hairpiece recolored would definitely be more accurate. The bigger crime imo was not including a cape with the Orange Gold variant of Lockhart. 

52 minutes ago, RODDY said:

As the professional resident Lockhart enthusiast, even though I enjoyed the two we got so far, the new hairpiece recolored would definitely be more accurate. The bigger crime imo was not including a cape with the Orange Gold variant of Lockhart. 

The crime was not using a cape for most of new HP characters. Like, was this wave designed by Edna Mode, or what?

2 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

The crime was not using a cape for most of new HP characters. Like, was this wave designed by Edna Mode, or what?

It's indeed a sharp contrast with the original run. Everyone was wearing capes, even when it would make no sense, they would've given Dobby a Cape if they could justify it xD.

9 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

It's indeed a sharp contrast with the original run. Everyone was wearing capes, even when it would make no sense, they would've given Dobby a Cape if they could justify it xD.

With the exception of Werewolf Lupin (who had to double as Lupin Lupin 😉), which minifigs had capes that shouldn't have? To the best of my knowledge there were no Muggles, goblins, house elves, statues, suits of amour, chess pieces, half giants or trolls with capes - Muggles probably being the most critical of the lot. Capes were were simply plentiful. 😊

I wish they'd give them a revival. 😕

I think the Lockhart figs have been simultaneously great and a missed opportunity.  The prints have been nice if oddly coloured, the cape in the Diagon Alley set is lovely and the nervous facial expression is excellent.  However the other facial expression could have done with the eyebrows raised a bit in smug tradition, and the new BTS hair in tan would be a PERFECT addition in my opinion.

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

With the exception of Werewolf Lupin (who had to double as Lupin Lupin 😉), which minifigs had capes that shouldn't have? To the best of my knowledge there were no Muggles, goblins, house elves, statues, suits of amour, chess pieces, half giants or trolls with capes - Muggles probably being the most critical of the lot. Capes were were simply plentiful. 😊

I wish they'd give them a revival. 😕

I avoid trying to change figures where possible but Snape absolutely benefits from a black cape.

BTS lego was announced this week, and I noticed there's a new hair mold, what do you think of this Tom Riddle?
Sem%20t%C3%ADtulo.png

1 minute ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

BTS lego was announced this week, and I noticed there's a new hair mold, what do you think of this Tom Riddle?
Sem%20t%C3%ADtulo.png

Wouldn't have thought of this but it's a great shout (and a very good edit!).  I don't know if it's because I like the original Riddle minifigs but I think dark brown would be the perfect colour.

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

I avoid trying to change figures where possible but Snape absolutely benefits from a black cape.

Definitely! I added one as well. I think the cloak was fully half the character. 😆

I love that so many of the minifigs have double-sided faces, but some of the expressions... 😐 Snape's is one where I feel they haven't captured him, and I agree Lockhart is another. But with all those beautiful, OTT costumes, Lockhart if CMF material. They can keep doing series of them and put him in everyone and I doubt I'd be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

Definitely! I added one as well. I think the cloak was fully half the character. 😆

I love that so many of the minifigs have double-sided faces, but some of the expressions... 😐 Snape's is one where I feel they haven't captured him, and I agree Lockhart is another. But with all those beautiful, OTT costumes, Lockhart if CMF material. They can keep doing series of them and put him in everyone and I doubt I'd be disappointed. 

I'd love a CMF that focussed on great costumes.  Any Lockhart iteration, Karkaroff's white Yule ball coat, Bill and Fleur wedding attire, Scabior, the Bloody Baron etc.

8 minutes ago, Yope said:

I'd love a CMF that focussed on great costumes.  Any Lockhart iteration, Karkaroff's white Yule ball coat, Bill and Fleur wedding attire, Scabior, the Bloody Baron etc.

I'd like a Karkaroff in general. :classic: Hoping to see a Durmstrang ship in one of those unknown slots.

20 minutes ago, Yope said:

Wouldn't have thought of this but it's a great shout (and a very good edit!).  I don't know if it's because I like the original Riddle minifigs but I think dark brown would be the perfect colour.

Thanks, Tom riddle's hair has bothered me since Mattel made his figure in 2002 haha. I don't know how to explain it, I think it looks weird, but at the same time I agree that this new hair is much closer to the actor than what lego used. I thought black because of the description in the book, where his hair is black, but really, how about now:

Sem%20t%C3%ADtulo.png

24 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Sem%20t%C3%ADtulo.png

Good spot! That does look good. :classic:

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

That's my dream CMF line-up, things I won't get elsewhere or are too expensive to do justice to in a set. Hermione in her red dress. Yes, please. They had some excellent costumes in those films, I'd love to see more of them. 

Excellent edit, @ZeLuiz08, very nice work. I agree with @Yopeon the dark brown. 

I'm not completely sold on the new hair piece for Tom, although when you place them side by side like that, I suspect it's more accurate to the source material. (I think some of the reluctance is probably just from being used to the original version of teen Riddle.) I imagine the proper hair might be somewhere between what they used and this new one, though. This feels a bit too... rough? (I think that's the word.) He feels like a character who'd be exceedingly keen to disguise his poor background and unlikely to look too un-taken-care-of.  (It's a word if I say so?)

@ZeLuiz08 another amazing edit!  I also thought about the black hair description from the books but somehow the dark brown looks perfect to me.  There's no chance you could do Lockhart with the new hairpiece in either tan or medium nougat... no pressure, I'd just be really interested to see it.

Young Voldermort Actor Secretly In Your Favorite Shows

19 minutes ago, Yope said:

@ZeLuiz08 another amazing edit!  I also thought about the black hair description from the books but somehow the dark brown looks perfect to me.  There's no chance you could do Lockhart with the new hairpiece in either tan or medium nougat... no pressure, I'd just be really interested to see it.

Young Voldermort Actor Secretly In Your Favorite Shows

Thank you, are you referring to this? I liked it, I hope they do it in that color too.

hyfgf.png

Edited by ZeLuiz08