Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Man I’m stoked for the liineup, and would love to see the Commandos in Lego. And any of it, really. Come on Lego, get cracking!

The only one I'm really excited about at all is the Lantern Corps project. The Waller show shows EXACTLY what I knew Gunn was gonna do- despite all his talk about a full reboot and removing Cavill, his favorites get to stay. Honestly this is so frustrating, it's gonna set back the odds of getting a proper DCEU by another decade or so.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The only one I'm really excited about at all is the Lantern Corps project. The Waller show shows EXACTLY what I knew Gunn was gonna do- despite all his talk about a full reboot and removing Cavill, his favorites get to stay. Honestly this is so frustrating, it's gonna set back the odds of getting a proper DCEU by another decade or so.

To be fair, firing everyone and keeping your friends is such a Chad move that I totally respect.

It's not just his favourites tho — multiple actors could stay, including Momoa or Gadot.

Definitely would've preferred a full reboot. But he doesn't seem biased in that way — he just doesn't see the point of recasting literally everyone.

Anyone got any wild, speculatory, or delusionally optimistic guesses as to why FalconFan is having a no context DC or Ninjago poll on his story? 

Edited by Brickroll

5 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Anyone got any wild, speculatory, or delusionally optimistic guesses as to why FalconFan is having a no context DC or Ninjago poll on his story? 

Leaks for that Flash film set? Tower of Fate? 

Edited by The Pearson

If ever there was a Lego friendly character, Midnighter is there front and centre. We can't expect Lego friendly sets from the off, that wouldn't have been Gunn or Safran's key points for getting the story told. However we've got some good building blocks here.

Maybe those LEGO Batman 4 rumors aren't so far fetched...

I'm desperately hoping that we get some new characters, like Mad Hatter or the Ventriloquist.  Some Brave and the Bold style team up sets with other heroes would also be very welcome.  Maybe we could even get comic versions of Black Adam and Dr. Fate if we're lucky enough...

Great to hear we're getting something this year.

I just hope it brings something fresh to the theme, instead of the same old stuff.

I feel like the Batman magazine has the same black and yellow minifigure 7th time in a row :tongue:

If it actually has to do with the DC relaunch I expect a wave event!  New characters and a new approach to building.  I would like a new Arkham and especially that big fig Thanos with the hood, the black onesie and the green tubes on his back 😬

4 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

If it actually has to do with the DC relaunch I expect a wave event!  New characters and a new approach to building.  I would like a new Arkham and especially that big fig Thanos with the hood, the black onesie and the green tubes on his back 😬

you mean Bane right? 

5 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

you mean Bane right? 

Yup!  :-D A classic Bane big fig is my dream.  Thanos, with studs on his back, looks like it was meant for Bane

uhhh if Promobricks does the usual description roundup in February we may have some details very soon

Edited by Legocentrico

Excellent news, I have been looking to try to get into DC for real. I certainly hope that this is better than the 2020 wave, maybe we can get some solid sets with this. Really, I am mainly just in it for an Arkham build in the same vein of the 2012 one, but there is certainly lots of potential with this. On the other hand, maybe I should temper my expectations some...

With news of a new wave can we get a new Cowl mold? I feel like it's due time for a new addition to the mainstream cowls, or at least a Pattinson cowl.

9 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

With news of a new wave can we get a new Cowl mold? I feel like it's due time for a new addition to the mainstream cowls, or at least a Pattinson cowl.

With DC we'll be lucky to even get torso printing :rofl:

Just kidding, but personally I doubt we'll see much in the way of new moulds especially for something like the cowl, which is so long overdue that they might just never do it.

Does Falcon's post imply that it's generic Batman sets, or based off the LEGO Batman movie? The post strikes me as the latter, although I'm hoping for the former.

11 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

Does Falcon's post imply that it's generic Batman sets, or based off the LEGO Batman movie? The post strikes me as the latter, although I'm hoping for the former.

It’s not based of Lego Batman movie 

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

To be fair, firing everyone and keeping your friends is such a Chad move that I totally respect.

The Chad move would be firing absolutely everyone and making a phase without the big three. Make the core trio Alfred, Perry White, and Steve Trevor with a rope.

(Or, you know, making solo films off core Leaguers and then capping the phase with the formation of the league. Which is what it sounded like they were doing. But now we don't even have a full WW film, no Flash, no Aquaman, no Cyborg, mm, other leaguers.)

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not just his favourites tho — multiple actors could stay, including Momoa or Gadot.

Definitely would've preferred a full reboot. But he doesn't seem biased in that way — he just doesn't see the point of recasting literally everyone.

No, he's definately biased that way. Those characters are waaaaay too obscure to be featured immediately in phase one of a relaunch, especially a phase subtitled "gods and monsters". It's a pseudo peacemaker season 2.

Rumor is Momoa may be returning as Lobo, but there isn't even an aquaman project this phase. Gadot, maybe, but still. All that lip service about a clean slate when he fired Cavill right after he came back and blam, his personal ones are back. It'd be like if after phase 2 of the MCU they rebooted and the only actors to return were the guardians and Chris Hemsworth thor.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Batman summer 2023 relaunch!  :-O 

Falcon give us more information please

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I'll take pretty much anything at this point, but here are some of my hopes:

Semi-realistic: Clark and Diana in the sets. It's been years since our last versions of the characters. A really nice batmobile would be nice too.

Somewhat Unrealistic: Barry (doubt they'd put a non-movie flash into a set within months of a movie flash), some Court of Owls representation

Pipe Dream: Red hood. Given that they'll only put Punisher in an 18+ set I doubt we'll see Jason's Hood anytime soon, but I really like the character for showing Batman's failure, and for his little team he's built up with Artemis and Bizarro.

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

It definately isn't about the relaunch. I doubt we'll see a single one of those projects this year.

15 minutes ago, Lego Indiana jones fan said:

Do you know what the sets are backed on?

probably just generic batman

Edited by Mandalorianknight