Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Speculation

Ok, i think you are optimistic for a modular in DC universe but who knows.

10 minutes ago, Lokyndra said:

Ok, i think you are optimistic for a modular in DC universe but who knows.

I'm honestly not optimistic :-/ but as you say, who knows...

5 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm honestly not optimistic :-/ but as you say, who knows...

I don't understand why Lego Batman the movie 2 was cancelled and why we have so little set than other brand.

10 minutes ago, Lokyndra said:

I don't understand why Lego Batman the movie 2 was cancelled and why we have so little set than other brand.

The lego movies underperformed towards the end and IIRC they changed studios so the rights got all switched up. 

The short answer for the lack of sets is that lego doesn't have confidence in DC as a brand. The only character who's still at the level of spotlight of spider-man or the avenger's popularity this past decade is Batman, and he skews further and further out of the realm of films appropriate for kids, which paired with the lack of any major current cartoons keeping him in kid's eyes, means the few sets we do get are either the safest possible choices of batman+Joker/Harley+a bat-vehicle, or sets for collectors based on older movies.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The lego movies underperformed towards the end and IIRC they changed studios so the rights got all switched up. 

The short answer for the lack of sets is that lego doesn't have confidence in DC as a brand. The only character who's still at the level of spotlight of spider-man or the avenger's popularity this past decade is Batman, and he skews further and further out of the realm of films appropriate for kids, which paired with the lack of any major current cartoons keeping him in kid's eyes, means the few sets we do get are either the safest possible choices of batman+Joker/Harley+a bat-vehicle, or sets for collectors based on older movies.

I agree with your words but... now Lego is making many set for Adult 18+, the Daily Bugle, Avengers Tower and Sanctum Sanctorum are not for kid so why Lego don't go on this side for Batman Lego. As you said the new Batman movies (or like Joker) are for adults so they can capitalize on that i guess... 

Just now, Lokyndra said:

I agree with your words but... now Lego is making many set for Adult 18+, the Daily Bugle, Avengers Tower and Sanctum Sanctorum are not for kid so why Lego don't go on this side for Batman Lego. As you said the new Batman movies (or like Joker) are for adults so they can capitalize on that i guess... 

We have had a fair chunk of large 18+ sets in the past 4 years (1989 batwing and batmobile, UCS Tumbler, technic batcycle and batmobile, and most recently the batcave shadow box thing), but I do think we won't get anything off explicitly R-rated material like Joker or the Snyder Cut, since lego's generally stayed away from that line (until marvel duped them into it with their Echo figure and later making the show TV-MA)

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We have had a fair chunk of large 18+ sets in the past 4 years (1989 batwing and batmobile, UCS Tumbler, technic batcycle and batmobile, and most recently the batcave shadow box thing), but I do think we won't get anything off explicitly R-rated material like Joker or the Snyder Cut, since lego's generally stayed away from that line (until marvel duped them into it with their Echo figure and later making the show TV-MA)

You must be right. We will see the future. Btw do you think we gonna get a Marvel Modular every year now ?

There is so many Batman sets they could do like Dark Knight Trilogy Batcave, Batpod, some comic stuff but they give us the excuse that there is nothing to make sets from.

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

There is so many Batman sets they could do like Dark Knight Trilogy Batcave, Batpod, some comic stuff but they give us the excuse that there is nothing to make sets from.

Do they? I vaguely remember Lego pr saying somethin like that, but I cannot remember, and it does not sound totally right?

4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

As much as I'd love more Dark Knight sets, the case isn't "There has never been any material to make sets from". It's "DC doesn't have enough material out kids are interested in for us to make sets from".

Their movie franchise is generally considered a failure, with the only critically acclaimed or fan loved films in the last 5 years being R-rated (Snyder Cut, Joker. Note that The Batman, another one that was received well and only PG-13, did get a good number of sets)

The only network/streaming major cartoon released in the past 5 years was seasons of Teen Titans Go.

Batman is the only guy they have that'll sell reasonably well with or without any recent tie-ins, and as such, they give us only Batman. 

There are things lego can do. I've suggested a batman wave with a leaguer in each set a few times now. But the fact is they aren't lying about this. If they could make good money off wider DC sets, they would. But the fact is, most kids just don't care, and lacking a successful movie universe or cartoon franchise, they won't suddenly jump back in.

I wonder if TLG will make sets based on TNBA. Although it is not as popular as BTAS, it's still its spiritual successor and has got lots of interesting designs and characters (screw the black-eyed Joker and leotard Ridder!), which, IMHO, deserve to be recreated in Lego form

On 12/4/2023 at 3:37 AM, Max_Lego said:

I wonder if TLG will make sets based on TNBA. Although it is not as popular as BTAS, it's still its spiritual successor and has got lots of interesting designs and characters (screw the black-eyed Joker and leotard Ridder!), which, IMHO, deserve to be recreated in Lego form

The only good thing about TNBA was the new Batgirl design. Other than that......

I know the creators themselves loved the new Scarecrow design but I like the BTAS better (the second one)

I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO Marvel movie sets also start to peter off. We're already seeing sets released for movies this year like the Guardians' New Ship retire, and older sets are sitting on shelves without moving (Black Panther 2, etc.). 

As much as superhero fatigue is a controversial phrase, you can't deny that superhero movies aren't doing as well anymore, whether due to being poorly done, or otherwise. LEGO isn't going to go all out for a franchise, movie, etc. that is just doomed to fail, and I would not be surprised if we started to see a max of 1-2 sets per new marvel movie rather than full waves of 3-4+ with this in mind. Heck, even sets like the No Way Home final battle are sitting on shelves, despite the popularity of that movie (yes the set is $110, but still).

As for DC, we also really don't know how the new Batman sets sold... Would be interesting to find out. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The only good thing about TNBA was the new Batgirl design. Other than that......

I know the creators themselves loved the new Scarecrow design but I like the BTAS better (the second one)

IMHO, the Penguin redesign is nice too. 

The fact that TLG almost stopped producing sets based on comics says quite a lot to me...

Edited by Max_Lego

So are we just straight up not getting that lego set that was supposed to be based on The Flash movie? It's crazy we don't even have pictures of it but we know every other detail about it. 

34 minutes ago, Callistereo said:

So are we just straight up not getting that lego set that was supposed to be based on The Flash movie? It's crazy we don't even have pictures of it but we know every other detail about it. 

That set was cancelled a loooooooooooooong time ago :tongue:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know the movie was terrible but I still would've loved to have this set 

1 minute ago, Callistereo said:

I know the movie was terrible but I still would've loved to have this set 

Sure, but it was cancelled well before the movie came out. They couldn’t have released the Burtonmobile replacement set as a last minute effort, that must’ve been planned for a while :shrug_oh_well: And the two of them co-existing wouldn’t have made much sense either

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not fair! I would have been so glad if they actually realised one. The Flash minifigure from the old Knightcrawler couldn't possibly satisfy me 

For what it's worth, user tandnbricks posted a video recently that may be teasing some future sets. One of these clips features Phantasm.

Maybe the figure was repurposed?

On 12/13/2023 at 9:26 AM, doclord said:

For what it's worth, user tandnbricks posted a video recently that may be teasing some future sets. One of these clips features Phantasm.

Maybe the figure was repurposed?

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Just seems like he’s teasing Lego set(s) based on BtAS.

After watching Aquaman 2, I'm a bit bummed out that LEGO didn't bother releasing any sets for it (which about sums up every DC movie I've watched this year). At least Spin Master has been putting out some stuff.

20 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

After watching Aquaman 2, I'm a bit bummed out that LEGO didn't bother releasing any sets for it (which about sums up every DC movie I've watched this year).

Right? Black Manta’s hammerhead shark sub could’ve been such a cool set! Too late for that now :sceptic:

It's really a shame that between the two Aquaman movies, we only got a single set for the first movie and nothing for the second.  Both movies had a lot of cool designs that would have translated into neat sets and minifigures.