Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

BB/TDK are my top two, and then a tier down is Burton/SM 1 and 2/Logan/X-2, then drop down a tier and you've got like Iron Man/Homecoming/The Batman. Then it just goes off a cliff for me :laugh:.

I get that I'm a bit more film snobbish than most but MCU stuff is just way too digital for me, and while the inter-connectedness is really cool, the novelty has worn off and it makes me not enjoy the films individually. There are some fun moments. But I prefer the trilogy format of the 2000's.

I think you're right that The Flash will be No Way Home; fun in theaters with some cool nostalgia callbacks, but not a film I'm gonna rewatch. Hope to be wrong though!

No offense, but I think the Burton films, Maguire films, and X2 might be a touch of nostalgia there. (SM2 a little more debatably, I guess). 

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well we all know that the best DC film of recent years was The Lego Batman Movie.

I honestly think the movie should be in conversation more when talking about batman movies. It's mainly parody, yeah, but it's got heart. 

9 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

How many times do I have to teach you this lesson, old man?

Knock me down all you want. "We fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up." :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Knock me down all you want. "We fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up." :tongue:

This is why Superman works alone.

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We live in a timeline where a solid case for this can be made :laugh_hard: Even outside our AFOL bubble, it‘s a great movie that dealt with what makes Batman tick in a very nuanced way. And it‘s my favourite exploration of his relationship with The Joker too! Too bad the sequel will never see the light of day.

My favourite recent DC film was The Batman, with TLBM being close behind.

My ranking would go (for post-TDK trilogy movies):

Unranked: Joker (2019): A reviewer once called it "the best movie I never want to see again", and that's very accurate. It's great, but I don't know that you can really even consider it a DC film. 

1. The Snyder Cut: This is 100% biased. I wasn't even really aware about the whole snyder cut thing until it released, but it's such an improvement over the original. It's 4 hours, it's got a ton of unnecessary scenes, it's filled with slo mo, and I love every second of it! I've seen it four times, and will see it more.

2: The Batman: I don't think it's as good as the Dark Knight trilogy, but it's playing on the same field, and it's made itself different enough to do it's own thing. It's a worthy successor. 

3-7 (Actually pretty good tier?): Man of Steel (I really like what it does with superman, and the realism of what a fight between super-beings would do), Shazam and Shazam 2 (lots of fun, some real heart), TLBM (Of course), WW (The ending was muddled, but it was a good movie overall.)

8-10 (eh tier): BvS (It's not great, but at least it tries to do something), Aquaman (It's so blandly safe, and Momoa, while cool, is NOT aquaman.), TSS (It's so nihilistic.)

11-14 (Absolute trash tier): BoP (I will never forgive them for what they did to Cassandra), SS2016 (blehhhh), WW84 (blehhhhh, but even worse because the previous film was good.)

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

This is why Superman works alone.

Oh, you think I was saying TDK trilogy was better than the Cloony film? Nothing could ever touch Batman and Robin, of course.

So is the bat cave coming with both a batwing and batmobile, or just stands for them? Seems strange to be releasing two vehicles in the set while also releasing two minifig scale play sets on the side. But brick clicker stated they’re included in the cave so I’m confused 

I'm excited for the batcave, but hopefully all the details aren't too lost in what I imagine will be Black and Dark Bluish Grey

Lego Batman, The Batman and The Suicide Squad are top tier recent-ish DC for me. As a whole the DCEU was a wasted opportunity to me, so hopefully Flash will let it conclude on a high note before the reboot.

The set being cancelled is still insane to me, btw. Hopefully it does see the light of day in some form eventually.

7 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

The set being cancelled is still insane to me, btw. Hopefully it does see the light of day in some form eventually.

We are. The Batmobile will release in August, but with Joker instead of Flash.

Hi,

Are we 100% that it'll be the purple suit joker in both sets ?

Or could we be getting the mime joker in one? Or a new variant, like for example the purple beret with the face paint over the bleached skin, or something?

Similarly are we sure it'll be the same Batman in both?

-J.T.i.m.G

Just now, Jason Todd is my God said:

Hi,

Or could we be getting the mime joker in one? Or a new variant, like for example the purple beret with the face paint over the bleached skin, or something?

-J.T.i.m.G

No. We have no idea what variants will be in either. 

1 hour ago, Jason Todd is my God said:

Hi,

-J.T.i.m.G

That's what I was asking but for some reason asking a question like that on a forum doesn't somehow spark any sort of discussion. Yeah I know "we don't know" but what does everyone else think or want!?

1 hour ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

That's what I was asking but for some reason asking a question like that on a forum doesn't somehow spark any sort of discussion. Yeah I know "we don't know" but what does everyone else think or want!?

I’d be shocked to see the same Joker and Batman in both sets. Considering we know it’ll be the same (new) Batman, they’ll have to switch up the Joker. I suspect we’ll just get a rerelease of each version from UCS vehicles, although who knows which set will get which. 

It’s a shame we’re not getting a Pat Hingle Gordon with the Batmobile. He’s only one of two actors who spanned all four movies. And with Michael Gough coming in the cave, he’s also the only one we won’t get. 

On 4/29/2023 at 12:26 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Aquaman (It's so blandly safe, and Momoa, while cool, is NOT aquaman.)

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this. He could make a great Lobo tho.

I'd be shocked to see the same Joker and Batman in both sets. Considering we know it’ll be the same (new) Batman, they’ll have to switch up the Joker.

Considering the Joker was first supposed to appear only on the Batwing, I assume the regular purple version will be included in that one, and we'll get *something* different on the Batmobile.

Either that, or the Batwing one is going to have a new print or whatever, and the Batmobile will get the old Nicholson one. In any case, it's a win/win scenario.

It’s a shame we’re not getting a Pat Hingle Gordon with the Batmobile.

Is it, tho? I dont remember him doing anything cool or wearing any cool outfit in the movie. But to each its own, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this. He could make a great Lobo tho.

Boy do I have some good news for you.

36 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Is it, tho? I dont remember him doing anything cool or wearing any cool outfit in the movie. But to each its own, I guess.

Yeah, he’s pretty easy to purist. All you need is a head with a mustache and one of the black police suit torsos.

4 hours ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

I’d want Lego to stop focusing solely on Batman. =p

The Batman buildable figure leaked; it is surprisingly not as cursed as the Cap and Logan figures, but the ears sit too far back on the cowl. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

an interesting detail in the Batman figure (that isn't really surprising but) it has the batman Returns logo on it! This is probably coming out at about the same time as the batcave so fingers crossed we see images soon!

9 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

an interesting detail in the Batman figure (that isn't really surprising but) it has the batman Returns logo on it! This is probably coming out at about the same time as the batcave so fingers crossed we see images soon!

It's still so weird to me that we're getting a Batman Returns wave.

Also, did I miss it or do we still not have news on the polybag? (or GWP, I forget which it is).

Honestly, this is the only one of the 3 that actually looks decent to me, and I think it's down solely to the cape filling out his silhouette.

Wait, the figure is actually... good? 

Especially compared to the Marvel ones, because both look really weak.

Sure, the ears are too far back, but as far as LEGO construction figures go, I think they did a great job pulling this one off. (And don't get me wrong, I still have no interest whatsoever in those.)

2 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

Quite surprised by that. I would have probably expected it to be The Batman themed in order to pair up with the Technic motorcycle. I wonder if they do fit in terms of scale. Hard to guess!