Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Actual LEGO DC news :oh:

Can we change the name of this thread to DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion - Something is actually happening

Anyway, unpopular opinion but Arkham would have been better that the Batcave. 

A D2C BTAS Arkham Asylum would have been ... :wub:

Another unpopular opinion: I hope they wont "waste" pieces in a giant coin or a T-Rex. The giant coin could like a gwp or something and for the T-Rex, one from the Jurassic line might do. That budget could go to new villains that need new pieces 

If they are going accurate to the BTAS (and the sequel comics) ManBat once lived in the Batcave, also Ra's al Ghul with Ubu invaded the Batcave one, and the HARDAC clone of Batman was also there

If this isnt accurate to the BTAS, I hope for Hush, Mad Hatter and Scarecrow

7 hours ago, steveholt said:

As soon as that fur piece came out, i got super excited. I knew I had to release a Creeper custom. 

I’m kind of not realistically thinking they’ll put a Creeper figure in a set. I appreciate he’s kind of a niche character, but a boy can dream….he’s been my favourite character design for as long as I remember. Number two on my want list would be an official Deadman figure, but that seems pretty much just as unlikely…

who am I kidding, I’ll take what they give me!

I think realistically the Batcave we do get is based on the Keaton films with the 89 batcave and batmobile releasing, although I really hope its based on comics. If its Keaton i think there is hypothetically a chance of it also having flash figures.

1 hour ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

I think realistically the Batcave we do get is based on the Keaton films with the 89 batcave and batmobile releasing, although I really hope its based on comics. If its Keaton i think there is hypothetically a chance of it also having flash figures.

I’ve gone back and forth on this a few times. It sort of makes sense to sell the Batmobile and Batwing separately to reserve the piece count for the other parts of the build, and we’ve seen precedent recently with the Hulkbuster for tying sets together. And to top it off, LEGO definitely has a history with the ‘89 version. On the other hand, the Keaton cave with that many pieces and no vehicles would seem rather empty. It isn’t nearly as busy at it’s comic equivalents. It would kind of just be a very large open area. It also wouldn’t lend itself to much of a fig selection. And I feel like a cave with no vehicles is a HARD sell to most people. 

3 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

@NovaBricks outlines a few reasons well, but here's why I think it's a resounding "no" on being the Keatoncave:

There's not much visually interesting, especially with the removal of the vehicles. 

There are very few figs. Realistically, at the max we can include, it'd be like 10ish. (Batman, Bruce Wayne, Alfred, Catwoman, Penguin, Joker, Flash, Flash 2, and MAYBE supergirl, Zod, and like Flash 3 or something)

I feel like it almost HAS to be comic based. It's a way to make it visually interesting, include a variety of figures, have stuff like the T-Rex and Coin to add color, etc.

When will we be seeing pictures of The Flash set? Is there a release date for it?

2 hours ago, mgetz said:

When will we be seeing pictures of The Flash set? Is there a release date for it?

Release date is May. Pictures early April for a guess.

Assuming the Batcave gets officially revealed in May, it will feel like a very slow couple months to wait if we don't get any details on the set between now and then.  I don't even know where to set my expectations.

16 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Assuming the Batcave gets officially revealed in May, it will feel like a very slow couple months to wait if we don't get any details on the set between now and then.  I don't even know where to set my expectations.

Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed.

39 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed.

Lego DC will find a way.

So so far all we know is coming is the Batcave, '89 Batwing, Flash Batmobile, and buildible batman, right? Not that I'm complaining, as that's a LOT more than last year, but it'd be nice to get a comic-based system set.

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Lego DC will find a way.

So so far all we know is coming is the Batcave, '89 Batwing, Flash Batmobile, and buildible batman, right? Not that I'm complaining, as that's a LOT more than last year, but it'd be nice to get a comic-based system set.

What if the CMF is DC :grin:, like maybe the leakers saw superheroes and assumed marvel? 

31 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

What if the CMF is DC :grin:, like maybe the leakers saw superheroes and assumed marvel? 

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope. 

1 ora fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Lego DC troverà un modo

lol

Let's hope the cave is comics!!!
(Bigfigbane Bigfigbane Bigfigbane)

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think Marvel is still more likely, but I would've said the same when DC series 1 came out.

5 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

lol

Let's hope the cave is comics!!!
(Bigfigbane Bigfigbane Bigfigbane)

I'd be fine with it, just since we've only ever had the one... unconventional.... bigfig bane, but personally I've never seen Bane as someone who needs to be a bigfig. Though there are certainly some comics that make him quite large, so I wouldn't complain if they did make a bigfig one. Not like we haven't had any standard minifigs.

If they were to include a bigfig I think a new character like Solomon Grundy would be cooler because they could use the one bigfig inclusion for a new character (assuming they only do one, but two would be very neat, in which case they could do both (it would be really something if they had two bigfigs in the set.))

If we do see big figs again hopefully they'll of complete redesigned them. Because we know they can do better. Much better.

I still think it'd be really weird if they don't bring back the 2021 bigfig design after using it a grand total of one time for Thanos.  It even has studs on the back, which would be perfect for Bane, who wouldn't need any new molded parts.

37 minuti fa, spiderfan2000 ha detto:

Penso ancora che sarebbe davvero strano se non riportassero il design bigfig 2021 dopo averlo usato per un totale di una volta per Thanos. Ha anche borchie sul retro, che sarebbero perfette per Bane, che non avrebbe bisogno di nuove parti stampate.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the studs..there's a beautiful design googling it, a "group photo" of the bat-villains, and in the background are Bane ClayFace and Killer Croc, very big.  my dream has always been to be able to recreate that design with minifigures :-)))

I am aware that some characters may not arrive, but Bane classic bigfig can not miss ...

Brick clicker is gonna reveal some “super” rumors tomorrow. Hoping it’s dc news about the Flash set and the cave!

I wonder if any minifigures included in the Batcave would have been intended to be featured in LEGO Batman 4 (at least before it was put on hold in favor of Harry Potter).  I'm not sure what the exact timeline for overlap would have been, but I'm assuming the Batcave, as a large D2C, would have started development around 2020.

If they bring back the 2021 bigfig design, Bane makes the most sense to use it for.  I feel like people have been asking for a bigfig comic Bane for at least most of a decade now, and he wouldn't need any new molded parts (Killer Croc could technically be done without new molds too, but would be missing the molded back ridges of the 2016 bigfig, I feel like more people would prefer a minifigure of Clayface, who could be done well with the Vidiyo slime head, Solomon Grundy would need a new big hairpiece, and King Shark would need a new head.)  I've speculated that the studs on the back of the 2021 bigfig mold likely could have specifically been added with Bane in mind, especially if the Batcave was already in early development by then.  

12 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Brick clicker is gonna reveal some “super” rumors tomorrow. Hoping it’s dc news about the Flash set and the cave!

I would certainly hope we get something on the Batcave.  Wasn't it around March two years ago that we started gradually getting hints on who was going to be included in the Daily Bugle?

17 minutes ago, Nylock said:

I was frustrated by the lack of detail and didn't notice the word “super” :-D

go clicker go!!!! :-DDD

7 hours ago, Nylock said:

I hope some details about the Flash set are included, it's scheduled for a May release yet there hasn't even been a single leaked image of it by now. Meanwhile, there's already been HD pictures revealed for the Jurassic Park 30th anniversary sets and those come out in JUNE.

On 3/11/2023 at 2:53 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Lego DC will find a way.

4 plus set is a strong rumour,  and there are still 3 to 4 sets which are not identified as Marvel or DC. Plus we have the 92 polybag.  

5 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I hope some details about the Flash set are included, it's scheduled for a May release yet there hasn't even been a single leaked image of it by now. Meanwhile, there's already been HD pictures revealed for the Jurassic Park 30th anniversary sets and those come out in JUNE.

Yes  but the movie is 30 years old,  we know Lego tend to spoil movie plots with there sets.  

On 3/11/2023 at 3:30 AM, NeutralNoodle said:

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope. 

100% agree, please don't break our hearts! 

flash has a batmobile with batman and flash, there isn't much room for rumors.. I hope that -if it's really about superheroes- it's about the great D2C or some still unknown set (marvel or dc)