Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

18 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

At least 22 is the rumor.

Iron Man suits (x2), Hulk (bigfig), Falcon, Vision, Wasp, Ultron, Hawkeye, Helen Cho, Antman (microfigure), Chitauri (x4), Tony Stark, Captain America, Black Widow, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, and Wong.

Oof hoping this rumour is really offbase:

1. Wong - Why? He has next to no association with Avenger's Tower, I'm guessing it's a random civie minifig that might be Asian

2. 4x Chitauri - insert Michael Scott "No God no!". A complete of waste of minifig slots. The UCS tower should absolutely be including major villains - Red Skull, Loki, Winter Soldier/Bucky, or Zenmo. For comparison the Daily Bugle included zero fodder and included Green Goblin, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio, and Sandman.

3. Thor is a founding Avenger's member and will probably be included, this gives me hope that this rumour is false.

3 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Oof hoping this rumour is really offbase:

1. Wong - Why? He has next to no association with Avenger's Tower, I'm guessing it's a random civie minifig that might be Asian

2. 4x Chitauri - insert Michael Scott "No God no!". A complete of waste of minifig slots. The UCS tower should absolutely be including major villains - Red Skull, Loki, Winter Soldier/Bucky, or Zenmo. For comparison the Daily Bugle included zero fodder and included Green Goblin, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio, and Sandman.

3. Thor is a founding Avenger's member and will probably be included, this gives me hope that this rumour is false.

Thor is included in the list

18 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

I think people misunderstand how minifigures work when designing a set.

It's not like LEGO tells the designers 'Include 22 minifigures. No more, no less.' and they say 'All right, we'll make the set less desirable by including the same minifigure times four.'

It wasn't a choice between four Chitauris and four recognisable villains. The set already includes one of the highest numbers of minifigures I've seen in a LEGO set.

(And imo a bunch of Chitauri will make the display much more dynamic.)

23 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

A complete of waste of minifig slots.

Ah, the classic „if it weren‘t for [repeat minifigs], we could‘ve had [requested minifig with new prints/pieces]!“ argument :tongue: Not really how that works. There‘s no rules saying this set has to include 22 minifigs. Had they decided against featuring Chitauri, we likely would‘ve gotten either outriders in their place, or simply 18 figures in total.

Sure, your complaint about the lack of major villains (besides Ultron) is valid, but you cannot blame it on the inclusion of Chitauri :laugh:

Edit: Ninja‘d by @THELEGOBATMAN

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

On 9/23/2023 at 9:45 AM, Lemerbrix said:

Need some advice, I need a good way to find moon knight, but without a scale, are there any other efficient methods that have been proven to work to find moon knight?

my walmart had all the boxes already opened up, which sucked, but all the pieces for each figure were there, so id check ur local stores and they might just already be opened and you can peak in

sorry if its been asked before, but will the antman microfigure be a new print or just the same as goliath and past ones

35 minutes ago, Surge said:

sorry if its been asked before, but will the antman microfigure be a new print or just the same as goliath and past ones

No reason for them to make a new one.

I hope the Iron Man figs are Mark 6 and 43. Mark 6 is my favourite suit so would be nice to have an updated version. But guessing they’ll do mark 45 or a repeat of mark 7 from Jet instead 

1 hour ago, Surge said:

my walmart had all the boxes already opened up, which sucked, but all the pieces for each figure were there, so id check ur local stores and they might just already be opened and you can peak in

14 minutes ago, DaredevilFan said:

I hope the Iron Man figs are Mark 6 and 43. Mark 6 is my favourite suit so would be nice to have an updated version. But guessing they’ll do mark 45 or a repeat of mark 7 from Jet instead 

Rumor is all three of these are new.

1 ora fa, DaredevilFan ha detto:

Spero che i fichi di Iron Man siano Mark 6 e 43. Mark 6 è il mio vestito preferito, quindi sarebbe bello avere una versione aggiornata. Ma indovinando che invece segneranno 45 o una ripetizione del segno 7 da Jet

Mark 6, Hawkeye and Hulk would complete the 2012 avengers update that started with the quinjet, I really hope they're all there! It would also make sense to have an Iron Man for Avengers and one for Age of Ultron, which should be the two big themes of the set. This Tower has the responsibility to save 2023 Marvel, I hope Lego put their best effort

6 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

For comparison the Daily Bugle included zero fodder

This is literally untrue, half of the minifig selection are random civilians

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It wasn't a choice between four Chitauris and four recognisable villains. The set already includes one of the highest numbers of minifigures I've seen in a LEGO set.

For real, people will never be happy

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

There’s literally a character who is only ever mentioned in the comics. He never even physically appears, they just mention him sometimes. And he got included in the Bugle set. But no, I guess four members of a literal alien army that fought at the tower is just going too far.

As someone that works in product development, every component has an opportunity and actual cost. Many of you seem to be suffering from short term memory but it's worth reminding that the Bugle designer provided a lot of insight into the minifig selection process. Read up on the designer's notes on how they were able to add Daredevil to the Bugle and why "random" civies were chosen. Regardless, I wouldn't necessarily label most of them as random considering they're pretty major characters in Spiderman, and are far more valuable than generic chitauri.

Yes it's a waste of minifig slots or if you want to get pedantic a complete waste of parts budget.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

"Random civilians" "cannon fodder":jollyroger:

7 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

[…] if you want to get pedantic a complete waste of parts budget.

How exactly do pre-existing prints affect the parts budget? :tongue: You know what does affect the budget? New prints for four villains

10 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

Call me crazy but I really hope we get arm printing for Iron Man finally. Not every character needs arm printing but I think he does and its about tine we finally get arm detailing on an iron man figure. I actually wish it was more common.

I’m fine with and happy to see 4 chitauri being included. While I agree the set could use more villains the only one I really feel is relevant to the tower and the chitauri is Loki himself! Yes he came in the Quinjet and not including him in the Tower I guess keeps some figure exclusivity with the new jet? But honestly if the Chitauri are there then Loki should be there as well.

and the weirdest thing about Wong being included is Dr Strange not being included. Maybe he was listed and I missed it but as of now it seems they intend to use Wong but no Dr Strange which is weird.

Edited by cosmic

According to Brickfanatics from a while back, the following figures are 'exclusive' which probably means they are a new version or at least a variation (Noting a variation in terms of the Iron Man suits could be as simple as them using the new helmet piece)

1. Iron Man Suit (Unknown version)
  2. Iron Man Suit (Unknown Version)
  3. Big-Fig Hulk
  4. Vision
  5. Falcon
  6. The Wasp
  7. Ultron
  8. Hawkeye
  9. Helen Cho
  10. Ant-Man Microfig

The re-used figures are as follows:

1. Thor
  2. Tony Stark
  3. Captain America
  4. Black Widow
  5. War Machine
  6. Scarlet Witch
  7. Pepper Potts
  8. Nick Fury
  9. Wong
  10. Chitauri
  11. Chitauri
  12. Chitauri
  13. Chitauri

Which is 21 Figures, 1 Big-Fig and 1 Micro-Fig.

Personally the outliers to me are Wong and Wasp - neither of them appeared at Avengers Tower. Would have swapped them both for Iron Legion Drones as Ultron on his own seems a bit outnumbered here. The Ultron Drones from AoU's sets are still easy to acquire on Bricklink or through resellers thanks to the pack including Iron Man and three of them - so I don't mind them not being included here. I think four Chitauri is fine in this case, though they definitely deserved leg print.

Edited by Scarilian

42 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Personally the outliers to me are Wong and Wasp - neither of them appeared at Avengers Tower.

True, but I‘m glad we‘re finally getting a new Wasp minifig, even though it doesn‘t make much sense to include it in this set :grin:

Personally, I‘m pretty happy with the minifig selection, even though there‘s only one new character. Definitely looking forward to the new Hulk, Ultron, Wasp, and Iron Man figures the most

I’m really interested to see what a new Hulk figure means. Are they just gonna take one of the old molds and make a Hulk that’s accurate to the Avengers final battle, or are they going to reuse the new Thanos mold and make a new bigfig hair piece for him?

Loki also seems like a very weird exclusion since he is in arguably the two most iconic scenes that take place at Avengers tower.

Edited by psqidexslizer

15 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Regardless, I wouldn't necessarily label most of them as random considering they're pretty major characters in Spiderman, and are far more valuable than generic chitauri.

13 hours ago, Brickroll said:

"Random civilians" "cannon fodder":jollyroger:

What' your favourite Ron Barney moment? Or are you more of a Bernie the cab driver guy?

Even Betty Brant, Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker are just random pieces threw together.

I do love the set, but I don't understand why you're fine with Lego reusing random City parts to make characters but can't fanthom the idea of adding a cheap antagonist to the avengers tower.

15 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Many of you seem to be suffering from short term memory but it's worth reminding that the Bugle designer provided a lot of insight into the minifig selection process. Read up on the designer's notes on how they were able to add Daredevil to the Bugle and why "random" civies were chosen.

We are aware of that, just because we don't love it doesnt mean we dont understand.

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

What' your favourite Ron Barney moment? Or are you more of a Bernie the cab driver guy?

Even Betty Brant, Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker are just random pieces threw together.

I do love the set, but I don't understand why you're fine with Lego reusing random City parts to make characters but can't fanthom the idea of adding a cheap antagonist to the avengers tower.

Bro I'm making a joke about the fact that your post made it sound like the only purpose of non-superhero characters is to die

7 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Bro I'm making a joke about the fact that your post made it sound like the only purpose of non-superhero characters is to die

I'm going to be honest, I tagged you accidentally and forgot to delete the mention 💀

8 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Also: Maybe 😈

40 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I'm going to be honest, I tagged you accidentally and forgot to delete the mention 💀

Also: Maybe 😈

Understandable, have a nice day and don't make cannon fodder out of too many civilians 

10 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Loki also seems like a very weird exclusion since he is in arguably the two most iconic scenes that take place at Avengers tower.

I believe the intent would be that if you got the Helicarrier and Avengers Tower you'd have all the core Avengers from the first Avengers movie. That set includes Loki which I'm guessing is why he's not included here, to incentivise getting both sets.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Personally, I‘m pretty happy with the minifig selection, even though there‘s only one new character. Definitely looking forward to the new Hulk, Ultron, Wasp, and Iron Man figures the most

Yeah, I'm curious mostly about how they are going to handle Ultron and the new Hulk.

All depends on how well it looks visually though, for me the tower itself is the focus. I need that to look good.

12 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Personally the outliers to me are Wong and Wasp - neither of them appeared at Avengers Tower.

I interpret Wasp's inclusion as a nod to her role as a founding Avenger in the comics. (Granted, that was Janet and not Hope, but I still think it makes a certain amount of sense.)

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I believe the intent would be that if you got the Helicarrier and Avengers Tower you'd have all the core Avengers from the first Avengers movie. That set includes Loki which I'm guessing is why he's not included here, to incentivise getting both sets.

This is my original thought too which makes me hope that the quinjet can land on the tower although I shouldn't get my hopes up for that even though its not completely impossible. I've seen a few mocs recently of Avengers Tower housing the quinjet. Only time will tell..