Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m sure there will be a wolverine, storm and beast in sets next year. I’m hoping for at least alternate costume - beast with lab coat etc. not sure how likely that is as, as was said above, Tiana was a reuse!

2 hours ago, wesker said:

[…] the Emperor's new hood […]

The sequel/crossover we’ve all been waiting for! :laugh_hard:

24 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I’m already expecting Lego to be re-using the exact same X-Men minifigs from the CMFs to other sets. There was already a precedent when they repurposed Tiana from the Disney CMF to the castle.

I sincerely hope not. Reusing one minifig from an 18-minifig series is ok, but three from a 12-minifig one?!

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I sincerely hope not. Reusing one minifig from an 18-minifig series is ok, but three from a 12-minifig one?!

It's happened before with the Simpsons. Homer, Marge, Krusty and Maggie were all reused from the first CMF series while Bart and Lisa received minor tweaks at best.

I don't mind if that's the direction they go with the X-Men. The blind cardboard boxes are going to make it impossible to know which character you're looking for compared to the plastic bags and resellers are no doubt going to inflate the prices for them on the aftermarket because of their desirability. It may end up becoming more trouble than its worth.

There's also the matter of Marvel's budget for new prints. I like getting different costume variations but don't want that coming at the expense of getting new characters in their place. If doubling up on the CMF figures means freeing up a spot for Nightcrawler or Mr. Sinister to appear in the X-Mansion then I'm all for it.

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

I’m already expecting Lego to be re-using the exact same X-Men minifigs from the CMFs to other sets. There was already a precedent when they repurposed Tiana from the Disney CMF to the castle.

They already did this back with The Lego Batman Movie, having the CMF Dick Grayson appear in the Batcave expansion set

I don't think they will reuse the same minifigures, I'm even afraid a new Beast and Storm might get the old toupee! Like HP's Bellatrix who keeps using the wrong face even if they created one especially for the cmf :-p

7 hours ago, hikouki said:

Some leaker (can't remember if from IG or Reddit) mentioned that Lego plans on producing all the 'main cast' characters of x-Men 97 between the two sets.

I'm guessing Wolverine and Beast will be repeats in the X-Mansion, and Storm perhaps on the X-Jet?

Who is classed as 'main cast'? Does that include the new 'main' team members added for x-men 97?

3 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Who is classed as 'main cast'? Does that include the new 'main' team members added for x-men 97?

Google the voice actors confirmed so far for the show and that should give you a roster of characters as well.

4 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Well at least Cyclops, Jean Grey, Magneto, Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee

Additional members are Sunspot, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Cable, Morph and Forge

Also on the villain side, we have Mister Sinister and Emma Frost

5 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Besides the CMF characters: Magneto, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Bishop, Morph, and Sunspot

These characters are frequently used by other toy companies and featured heavily in the promotional material. 

Unlikely anyone outside these nine names will be included.

15 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

What are the Marvel team actually smoking to have this theme be dominated by buildable figures and extremely overpriced system sets?

We've been over this, they released a 420 piece set. We know what they're smoking.

15 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

I sincerely hope the Lizard being a buildable element in the NWH expansion set isn’t true. Given the details we’ve received so far, I’m envisaging something like the 2019 Molten Man set but with a buildable Sandman in its place, along with Electro, inside-out Spidey, and Lizard minifigures. 

From what I've heard (and I do not have anymore sources than you guys so it could have been random instagram accounts, I don't care enough to go back and check the credibility) it was a buildible sandman with minifigs of integrated suit spidey and lizard, with it unclear as to whether or not sandman was also a minifigure.

25 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Besides the CMF characters: Magneto, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Bishop, Morph, and Sunspot

These characters are frequently used by other toy companies and featured heavily in the promotional material. 

Unlikely anyone outside these nine names will be included.

I was going to say "what about the villains", but... yeah... lego doesn't do that anymore, do they? (again- 420)

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I was going to say "what about the villains", but... yeah... lego doesn't do that anymore, do they? (again- 420)

The only "villain" I've seen marketing for are the Sentinels, so perhaps we get a Sentinel in one of the sets.

Kinda surprised considering the sheer number of buildable figures Lego is making that they haven't developed a buildable Sentinel. Seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Moon Knight's alternate expression is an unmasked Marc/Steven, with plain white eyes

1 ora fa, Buckethead disse:

Un po' sorpreso considerando l'enorme numero di figure costruibili che Lego sta facendo che non hanno sviluppato una Sentinel costruibile. Sembrava l'occasione perfetta.

It is a serious shortcoming :-(
Maybe some additional sets in the summer

1 ora fa, Mandalorianknight disse:

Stavo per dire "e i cattivi", ma... sì... lego non lo fa più, vero? (di nuovo- 420)

Magneto should be the boss of the x-men with that ugly new costume, and Sinister the main villain.. I think at least he could appear

Also in the preliminary images of the villa you could see Sabretooth and Mystique, I hope they are still there!!!

Edited by Legocentrico

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

The only "villain" I've seen marketing for are the Sentinels, so perhaps we get a Sentinel in one of the sets.

Kinda surprised considering the sheer number of buildable figures Lego is making that they haven't developed a buildable Sentinel. Seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Agree that there should be a buildable Sentinel.

Now that they are building mechs with better articulation and form, it should be much better than the previous Sentinel!

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

It is a serious shortcoming :-(
Maybe some additional sets in the summer

Magneto should be the boss of the x-men with that ugly new costume, and Sinister the main villain.. I think at least he could appear

Also in the preliminary images of the villa you could see Sabretooth and Mystique, I hope they are still there!!!

Hopefully more sets!!!

X-Men battles Sentinels!!! LOL

On 1/28/2023 at 8:43 PM, JeanGreyForever said:

There are 9 minifigures shown but the description of the set only specifically mentions 7 of them plus "many more," so it's possible there are more than 9 minifigures. The ones shown are preliminary designs for Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, and the White Queen. Professor X is in his black suit but it doesn't look like he's in a wheelchair but his hoverchair from the 90s. Only the hoverchair is colored gray and dark gray right now. Wolverine and Storm are taken straight from the previous Sentinel set including Storm's lightning blasts. Cyclops's design is new because he's wearing his 90s costume except it's not bright blue but a dark navy blue. Beast looks just like how he did in the Marvel Lego Super Heroes game except he's wearing a white labcoat. Magneto is the same as his previous minifigure except he's missing his purple belt/trunks. Mystique is just a blank blue body and faceless head with the red widow's peak hairpiece so she looks like her movie version. I doubt her final version will be based off of the movie version. Sabretooth is just the Wolverine minifigure from the Deadpool helicopter set but with a blonde hairpiece. 

The set is 3122 pieces and is priced to be likely around $300 with a height of 10 inches/25 cm, a width of 21 inches/53 cm, and 7 inches/17 cm deep.

^^^Original "leak" on page 14 of this thread.

Gambit and Jubilee perhaps will be in the X-Jet set?

Edited by hikouki

1 hour ago, NXS7 said:

Moon Knight's alternate expression is an unmasked Marc/Steven, with plain white eyes

Awesome! Didn't expect an alternate facial expression for him :sweet: The eyes seem a bit too large, but it's okay. Gift horse yada yada 

25 minuti fa, hikouki ha detto:

Ora che stanno costruendo mech con una migliore articolazione e forma, dovrebbe essere molto meglio del precedente Sentinel!

^^^"perdita" originale a pagina 14 di questo thread.

if I have to be honest I would prefer a build like Ant Man from Civil War, but I would also be fine with the new buildable figures

Maybe I'm being silly, but the leaked prototype didn't look like something that Lego would currently be designing. Like they took an old design, maybe something they were working on before leaving x-men… if so, and had to adapt it to the new show, they'd probably change the minifigures too

The X-Mansion definitely looked like the least developed out of all the sets in the survey leak and was at the very bottom of my list, both design-wise and in terms of likelihood of getting released. That said, the fact we're getting an X-Men set in January (plus the three CMF minifigs) significantly increases the chances the set actually gets made :classic: Still not counting on it until we have more concrete information that does not refer back to the survey leak itself. The same goes for all the sets from that particular leak as we still have no real confirmation that any of them will hit shelves next year. 

20 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

if I have to be honest I would prefer a build like Ant Man from Civil War, but I would also be fine with the new buildable figures

Maybe I'm being silly, but the leaked prototype didn't look like something that Lego would currently be designing. Like they took an old design, maybe something they were working on before leaving x-men… if so, and had to adapt it to the new show, they'd probably change the minifigures too

I have low expectations for minifig inclusions/ count on upcoming Lego sets. I am hopeful though.

After all, Lego only put four princess + prince in the castle, and one of them was a repeat. I think unless it is SW, Lego seems conservative, or maybe rather stingy.

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The X-Mansion definitely looked like the least developed out of all the sets in the survey leak and was at the very bottom of my list, both design-wise and in terms of likelihood of getting released. That said, the fact we're getting an X-Men set in January (plus the three CMF minifigs) significantly increases the chances the set actually gets made :classic: Still not counting on it until we have more concrete information that does not refer back to the survey leak itself. The same goes for all the sets from that particular leak as we still have no real confirmation that any of them will hit shelves next year. 

At least there is now a catalog number for the X-Jet. So we definitely know that the X-men are on Lego's radar.

I am hoping the X-mansion ends up being a big enough D2C.

Archangel will also apparently join the team but he hasn't been pictured yet. X-23 will also pop up, likely as a guest character. We know that Jubilee's voice actress is returning although not to voice Jubilee, so I can see her voicing X-23.

Sebastian Shaw, Callisto, and Valerie Cooper were also pictured as additional villains. The Sentinels will be back as well so I can see them as part of either of the two sets. 

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I'd expect a new lineup of minifigures to match the show as well. Since it seems Forge is joining the X-Men, he'd be a likely candidate to appear in an X-Mansion set. I don't know if Moira MacTaggert will appear in the show but if she does, I can see her in the X-Mansion as well unless they'd like to leave her for a future Muir Island set.

I'm very pleasantly surprised that Moon Knight has a 2nd face, I honestly didn't expect one.

6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

It definitely looked like an early concept. Some of the design choices seemed like they were heavily inspired by the Fox movies. I think if we do get an X-Mansion next year the final product will look a lot more faithful to the one we see in the show.

33 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

4 figures included in the x jet set apparently. 

Which means we shouldn‘t expect more than one new character :shrug_oh_well: Sounds about right.