Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

36 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

But also . . .

Hide contents

I don't mind if it's not Danny Rand. There have been several Iron Fists in the comics that would be cool to get. 

That was my point; I am glad that they are using a different time period instead of (necessarily) directly contradicting previous shows. 

15 hours ago, cosmic said:

There has been no confirmation but I saw some images of comic accurate villains such as Kang, Killmonger etc in a catalog and felt it was indicative of things to come. Its very likely we will get infinity saga sets in addition to or in place of what I’m dreaming of.

Ah, those are from one of the Marvel magazines - they have original designs all the time that are never seen in sets, just see it as art for that particular publication. I think (not 100% on this) the only time it's ever lead to something is the Justifier Cad Bane fig showing up before that set was released.

Both leads of What If, Season 2 episodes 6 and 7, as they look at the end, goes on my figure wishlist.

Will there be a series 3, of Marvel Mini Figs?

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Both leads of What If, Season 2 episodes 6 and 7, as they look at the end, goes on my figure wishlist.

It seems like no Marvel CMF3, for 2024 at least. There's a licenced CMF yet to be announced, but none of the rumours I've heard about it are Marvel.

My very modest perception is that it sold well, and based on this I think we will have a third series. But with all the delays and changes at Marvel I can't imagine an ideal year for release

Ps I'm on the "NO WHAT IF" team and I hope Lego doesn't waste slots on this :-P

(Pps obviously I would still prefer sets for What if over buildable figures and items without minifigures)

Day 6 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 7

Yes I skipped yesterday, can't see LEGO adapting Spanish colonizers, and my only idea would've been a Tesseract tree. Also Kahhori will be featured later. I'm sure I'll make up for missing a day tomorrow, I'll have anywhere between 02 or 16 sets :wink:

Asgard Vs The Ten Rings

Figures: Galadriel the White, Odin, Wenwu (updated accurate face & Qui-Gon hair)

Build: Fortress wall and Bifrost bridge (again not a lot today that I could think to work with, but a mini rainbow bridge seemed fun)

Edited by NXS7

2 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

It seems like no Marvel CMF3, for 2024 at least. There's a licenced CMF yet to be announced, but none of the rumours I've heard about it are Marvel.

Hopefully there will be as its a great way to get more characters. The official lego site in the UK has them at 20% off currently though, if that's any indication of performance. I don't remember other series being discounted? (Not that I look too closely at other series)

8 hours ago, Shiva said:

We do not know yet. 

7 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

We know nothing about the September CMF series; we are just speculating, since a licensed series seems likely and it seems too soon for another Marvel series. 

20 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We know nothing about the September CMF series; we are just speculating, since a licensed series seems likely and it seems too soon for another Marvel series. 

Yeah, if we get a marvel series 3 it'll be 2025. 

5 hours ago, NXS7 said:

can't see LEGO adapting Spanish colonizers, 

I at least understand the "lego won't/shouldn't put nazis/soviets in sets" even if we've had soviet and nazi soldiers in lego-the nazis as recently as 2023. Those were probably the worst two major powers in the past hundred years, and people are alive today who have lost loved ones to those regimes. But spanish conquistadors? Really? They're hundreds of years old, and weren't some especially evil or barbaric force like the nazis or soviets. If lego's comfortable putting a nazi pilot in an indiana jones set in 2023, they're comfortable putting a conquistador in a marvel set, seeing as they made one back in 2012 in a CMF.

Their brand values are against making modern military forces. If current lego is comfortable with WW2 being far enough in the past, they're certainly comfortable with spanish conquistadors from hundreds of years ago.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 12/28/2023 at 9:14 AM, Kaijumeister said:

Overall, is there a (substantial) demand for comic-based sets? Outside of the small circles we see here I mean.

The majority of Batman and Spider-Man sets have already been comic based. If nobody has a problem with those then I don't see why interest in the Avengers would be any different. As others have already mentioned kids are just happy to have toys of their favorite characters regardless what source material it is from.

The Infinity Saga sets have been a great addition to the theme the past couple of years but they're going to run out of material soon. Shifting to the comics would help keep the line fresh and give Lego a greater degree of creative freedom going forward.

9 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Ps I'm on the "NO WHAT IF" team and I hope Lego doesn't waste slots on this :-P

I have no interest in seeing anything else from What If either. The sets didn't sell well last time and the CMF figures were a waste of plastic that should've gone to mainline MCU characters like Walker and Zemo.

6 hours ago, wesker said:

…As others have already mentioned kids are just happy to have toys of their favorite characters regardless what source material it is from.

The Infinity Saga sets have been a great addition to the theme the past couple of years but they're going to run out of material soon. Shifting to the comics would help keep the line fresh and give Lego a greater degree of creative freedom going forward.

Comics are timeless…

In a few years, all the MCU versions, uniforms, iterations will look old.

8 hours ago, wesker said:

As others have already mentioned kids are just happy to have toys of their favorite characters regardless what source material it is from.

I have no interest in seeing anything else from What If either. The sets didn't sell well last time and the CMF figures were a waste of plastic that should've gone to mainline MCU characters like Walker and Zemo.

That isn't limited to children. I personally don't like the newer Hulks with olive green colour and cheap looking printed on pants at all for example. So my Avengers have the bright green old version with moulded pants next to them and I couldn't care less, if it is less accurate.

The main point as far as I can tell is "can you still recognise the popular character and is it cool looking?/Is the unfamiliar character THAT cool, it doesn't matter that the kids don't know him". One of the reasons Iron man looks so cool in minifigure Form is that he is so shiny in his metal colours. A Comic accurate yellow-red Version would be less appealing to more than a few people. A bearded old hulk just doesn't look like children expect hulk to look. There are for sure cool things Lego could take straight from the Comics but in the end it would be pretty much the same as doing something cool without any source and throwing in popular chsracters, if the kids don't know the source anyway.

I agree on the "What if?"-stuff. Never have there been cmfs with less usable pieces for me and the characters suffer from the poor quality of Diney plus shows, which fail to make them likeable, so I habe no interest in owning them.

Edited by Gorilla94

Has anyone seen the set numbers and prices for 2024 are floating around out there. Do we know if they’re legit? 

Day 1602 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 8

King Thor's Castle

Figures: Captain Carter (1602), King Thor, Scarlet Witch, Red Skull, Nick Fury, Ant Man (microfigure)

Build: scaled down build of the castle, including throne & stage 

Thee Destroyer

Figures: Rogers Hood, Bucky, Ant Man, Loki

Build: Destroyer (1602), tree fortress

Hulk Breakout

Figures: Captain Carter (1602), Hulk, Watcher

Build: jail cell add on to the castle, breakable wall for Hulk to smash through

I'll definitely be in the minority here, but the designs in this episode were really fun, and I would love to see them in LEGO. We've already had jets, spaceships and robots from this theme, but giving the characters a medieval setting gives us something fresh, even if it's based on a half hour cartoon episode 

16 hours ago, wesker said:

Let's not forget Monica, she was definitely the most pointless figure in that series

I would've traded Monica, Gamora and Spider Man for Agatha, Zemo and Strange Supreme, then in S2 trade Agatha for Ms Marvel

Edited by NXS7

4 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

Has anyone seen the set numbers and prices for 2024 are floating around out there. Do we know if they’re legit? 

They were posted here a few pages back but at the moment nobody really knows if they're legit. There's not really ANY new media other than Deadpool and Xmen95 coming out this summer, so given the leaks we've already had, it seems likely there'll be a few Xmen sets as well as the usual barrage of Spiderman stuff. Disney has been doing an excellent job of minimizing Sony-related tie ins so I don't expect we'll get anything related to the Madame Web-verse.

If I had to guess, I'd say we might see a few extra Spider-girls/women and if we're lucky, a Deadpool, randomly inserted into Spiderman and Wolverine car sets. The only other Marvel set we're expecting is the X-mansion, and I think we're all hoping it's the $170 set if anything. Cap 4 and Thunderbolts sets are almost certainly postponed.

40 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Day 1602 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 8

Reveal hidden contents

King Thor's Castle

Figures: Captain Carter (1602), King Thor, Scarlet Witch, Red Skull, Nick Fury, Ant Man (microfigure)

Build: scaled down build of the castle, including throne & stage 

Thee Destroyer

Figures: Rogers Hood, Bucky, Ant Man, Loki

Build: Destroyer (1602), tree fortress

Hulk Breakout

Figures: Captain Carter (1602), Hulk, Watcher

Build: jail cell add on to the castle, breakable wall for Hulk to smash through

I'll definitely be in the minority here, but the designs in this episode were really fun, and I would love to see them in LEGO. We've already had jets, spaceships and robots from this theme, but giving the characters a medieval setting gives us something fresh, even if it's based on a half hour cartoon episode 

Let's not forget Monica, she was definitely the most pointless figure in that series

I would've traded Monica, Gamora and Spider Man for Agatha, Zemo and Strange Supreme, then in S2 trade Agatha for Ms Marvel

What?! Trade away the best looking Gamora?

Maybe you can get Ms Marvel, Zemo and Strange Supreme in the future?

5 ore fa, Grabdatgem ha detto:

Qualcuno ha visto i numeri fissi e i prezzi per il 2024 fluttuano là fuori. Sappiamo se sono legittimi?

mtdbricks has been very reliable over the past few months

53 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

The only other Marvel set we're expecting is the X-mansion, and I think we're all hoping it's the $170 set if anything. 

I do not think that we have a number or price for the Mansion yet. 

56 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

Cap 4 and Thunderbolts sets are almost certainly postponed.

I believe that @Falconfan1414 said that we are still getting the Cap 4 set in 2024. 

The star wars thread was discussing a teaser leaker TandNbricks made on his instagram. Most of the clues are hints at things we know are coming (BTAS sets, Barad-Dur) or have been rumored/are reasonable guesses (Lego Fortnite, sonic 3), but aside from the star wars stuff (AND ANOTHER TRANSFORMERS SET? 10/10 YEAR OFF THAT ALONE, DON'T NEED TO RELEASE ANY OTHER SETS BESIDES A NEW TRANSFORMER) there's a shot of the iron legion drones returning to the tower.

I wouldn't necessarily say a system AoU tower is coming- lego doesn't like releasing the system version of a set within about two years of the UCS one having been released- but between that and the quicksilver torso, there's clearly AoU coming. My guess is a Strucker's Castle set is coming- the Iron Legion was in the area, even if not at the castle itself.

50 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I do not think that we have a number or price for the Mansion yet. 

Agreed.

Remember, that list isn't all the remaining 2024 superheroes sets. There's no calendar on there, and I believe one of the leakers said as much when the list leaked.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wouldn't necessarily say a system AoU tower is coming- lego doesn't like releasing the system version of a set within about two years of the UCS one having been released- but between that and the quicksilver torso, there's clearly AoU coming. My guess is a Strucker's Castle set is coming- the Iron Legion was in the area, even if not at the castle itself.

That would be a good guess. I'd love to see Strucker's lab adapted more than it was last time

Hoping to see an updated Hawkeye amongst these potential AoU Legacy sets, especially as he had a more sizable role than in the first film

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

What?! Trade away the best looking Gamora?

Maybe you can get Ms Marvel, Zemo and Strange Supreme in the future?

That Gamora does look amazing, but she only appeared in the one episode (not counting the actual episode this season, she was wearing her Vol. 1 outfit), meanwhile Strange Supreme had a much bigger role, and his episode may well have been the best What If episode even to date

The fans of What If (as little as we seem on this thread) always point out DSS or Infinite Ultron were big omissions from the series, but if Gamora was never included in the first place, I doubt many would feel the same sentiment

As for Ms Marvel & Zemo, we don't know when Zemo will pop up next (and even if we did, we don't know if it guarantees he'd be important enough to make it to a set), and we don't know if MM will wear her first (and more superior) suit again, so I remain hopeful, but it's easy to think about what we could've already had

55 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I can't find it, yet I follow TandN

It's on his most recent unpinned post (December 11th)

6 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

The only other Marvel set we're expecting is the X-mansion, and I think we're all hoping it's the $170 set if anything.

It’s much more then $170