Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The X-mansion D2C could easily be november, though. Seeing as the advent isn't here and some are saying this isn't the full list, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

I can see that, and good point about the Advent Calendar. 

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

we have been getting a few nice small sets, so maybe we will actually get something nice.

I hope so! 

Day 5 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 5

Winter Stomper

Figures: Captain Carter (repeat), Steve Rogers (Hydra Stomper helmet/torso/leg print), Melina

Build: The Iron Giant

Edited by NXS7

On 12/24/2023 at 12:49 AM, NXS7 said:

Day 2 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 2

Hide contents

Avengers Vs Peter Quill

Figures: Ant Man, Mar-Vell, Winter Soldier, young Peter Quill (reused parts)

Builds: Mar-Vell's ship + Ego's egg ship

The Expansion

Figures: Ego, Thor (reused), T'Chaka

Builds: Brickbuilt Goliath + rocky build for Ego

Just catching up on What If now, I'd be so down for this. The 80s Avengers lineup is very fun

I'd rather see them go back and revisit prior legacy films as opposed to making a weird mash of varying characters and films while attempting to adapt What If S2.

There's a handful of characters we are missing from varying films so would be easy enough to just do more sets based on those films.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'd rather see them go back and revisit prior legacy films as opposed to making a weird mash of varying characters and films while attempting to adapt What If S2.

There's a handful of characters we are missing from varying films so would be easy enough to just do more sets based on those films.

I think he's just doing it as a fun thing for the show, not from an actual belief that we need a set for each episode of what if S2 in the 2024 2HY lineup.

That said, I agree with you in general- I'd much rather have infinity saga sets than sets based on the multiverse saga. Of course, the infinity saga's been pretty well-covered and to be honest what I'd want most are comic/"evergreen"-based sets for the avengers/midnight sons/X-men. 

44 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think he's just doing it as a fun thing for the show, not from an actual belief that we need a set for each episode of what if S2 in the 2024 2HY lineup.

Pretty much this, I know none of these will happen, except for maybe the ones involving mechs, but between 2 sets and 5 CMF slots, What If S1 was well covered, even if some characters were missing, and so far we only have Goliath from S2

So I'm just going through each episode envisioning sets that involve some of the characters this forum have been wanting for years in ways that don't require a repeat of a set made almost 10 years ago. Some characters I've included wouldn't make it into Legacy sets anyway (as example Howard or T'Chaka)

Found this on Instagram, so people looking to upgrade Cyclops with the dual blue/yellow legs & yellow hips, here's the result

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1VAhuypj--/?igsh=MWZvaHJmYnVnM201MA==

Edited by NXS7

11 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Day 5 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 5

Reveal hidden contents

Winter Stomper

Figures: Captain Carter (repeat), Steve Rogers (Hydra Stomper helmet/torso/leg print), Melina

Build: The Iron Giant

This was probably the most LEGO-friendly episode yet!
I can honestly see us getting another Hydra Stomper at some point, though I hope that it is smaller than the original was (the one in the show is closer in size to the $15 mechs!). 

BTW, did anyone else catch that the sound of the bullets hitting Peggy’s shield is the same effect as used in the Cap vs. mini gun scene in CA:TWS? Clever and fitting, IMO.
Also, I wonder if we are building to an A-Force series with Captain Carter’s episodes; we have Peggy and Nat, Wasp is a founding Avenger, Carol/Monica is probably out there (she was absent from the Battle of New York in MCU-616 as well). 🤔

31 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This was probably the most LEGO-friendly episode yet!
I can honestly see us getting another Hydra Stomper at some point, though I hope that it is smaller than the original was (the one in the show is closer in size to the $15 mechs!). 

I also hope it'd be smaller, though Lego does tend to make mechs and bikes really oversized. Most Hulkbusters, Iron Monger, etc. 

32 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Also, I wonder if we are building to an A-Force series with Captain Carter’s episodes; we have Peggy and Nat, Wasp is a founding Avenger, Carol/Monica is probably out there (she was absent from the Battle of New York in MCU-616 as well). 🤔

While they do like captain carter a LOT (Seriously, I don't understand why she's spearheading so much of these- I felt like strange supreme, the 80s avengers, etc are much more interesting), i don't think they're necessarily ramping up to a show in that universe. Especially considering the other two MCU animated shows are dead in the water (even though one is finished?).

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Especially considering the other two MCU animated shows are dead in the water (even though one is finished?).

X-Men is not dead - What is the second one? 

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Well, there's X-Men '97, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Eyes of Wakanda, Marvel Zombies, all of which are set to release - I've not heard of a cancelled Marvel Studios animation project?

On 12/16/2023 at 8:18 PM, TheBatstan said:

Right now, the only options for a comic based version are the 2014 or 2017 lime green Hulk bigfigs. Looking at what we've been getting since then made me buy the 2014 one a few weeks ago as it's pretty much THE perfect comic Hulk bigfig, from the angry facial expression, the proper shade of green, and the right color for the purple pants. The only way it could be topped for me is if Lego ever remembers that they can make sets based on the comics since the MCU is flatlining, and create an updated version that's pretty much the same design but with a moveable head.

iOQfo5Q.png

To be fair, the 2020 version is based of the Square Enix wave (a notoriously underrated wave imo) and the Square Enix Avengers game was explicit in drawing inspiration from both the MCU and comics. Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Rescue, War Machine, and Falcon were all comic accurate. Nick Fury, Black Widow, and Thor drew inspiration from the MCU while the AIM agents were original designs. But this Hulk big fig from 2020…. Feel free to argue with me but I would group him with the comic accurate 2020 Avengers figures. Nothing about his design is unique enough to call him an original Square Enix design, the way the AIM agents have a unique color scheme of yellowish orange and black, as opposed to their traditional yellow. Additionally it’s not MCU accurate either. So yeah not to nit pick but the way I see it we have 3 comic accurate Hulk big figs not 2. 

On 12/17/2023 at 1:09 PM, LegendaryArticuno said:

Damn the X-Jet is insanely overpriced. What are the chances we'll get another X-Jet with similar quality/piece count as the Benatar and recent Quinjet?

One can only dream. Those were my hopes for this leak. I figured when the price leaked that it would be a sizeable upgrade. So disappointed to still only have room for 4 figures despite paying double what I once paid for another 4 seater. 

I finally got around to watching the review for the set and god its just so hard to like. Rogue is annoying because she looks so cheap from most angles with no side leg printing and that overused inaccurate hairpiece in wrong color. But why did they add these carts? We have 2 containers with some red tiles for what? They took up what should have been extra seating space. I really wish the set was designed to fit at least 6 figures. And honestly the large cockpit pieces are clunky and the design is not particularly appealing.

I will say I’m hopeful for this summer wave. Lego has historically delivered well for comic waves. The 2017 Hulk va Red Hulk set may have been hideous but it had some of my personal favorite character selections ever. That same wave introduced us to Kamala Khan.  We all remember the Spider Bridge battle wave with White Tiger, Hobgoblin and Ghost Rider in the accompanying sets. And of course the 2020 wave I never shut up about. With little MCU content coming out next year I’m optimistic for what they have up their sleeves.

45 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I will say I’m hopeful for this summer wave. Lego has historically delivered well for comic waves. The 2017 Hulk va Red Hulk set may have been hideous but it had some of my personal favorite character selections ever. That same wave introduced us to Kamala Khan.  We all remember the Spider Bridge battle wave with White Tiger, Hobgoblin and Ghost Rider in the accompanying sets. And of course the 2020 wave I never shut up about. With little MCU content coming out next year I’m optimistic for what they have up their sleeves.

Is there any indication that the wave will be comic based, or is that just speculation based on the lack of MCU projects? 

I'd be more inclined to believe it'd be somewhat based around the older Avengers movies so the Tower figs can be refused in some capacity.

1 hour ago, poisonbricks said:

Is there any indication that the wave will be comic based, or is that just speculation based on the lack of MCU projects? 

Seems to just be wishful thinking at this point.

1 hour ago, poisonbricks said:

I'd be more inclined to believe it'd be somewhat based around the older Avengers movies so the Tower figs can be refused in some capacity.

There has been no confirmation but I saw some images of comic accurate villains such as Kang, Killmonger etc in a catalog and felt it was indicative of things to come. Its very likely we will get infinity saga sets in addition to or in place of what I’m dreaming of.

15 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Seems to just be wishful thinking at this point.

I did say I was being optimistic lol. But yeah practically speaking we don’t know.

I will say I just hope whatever Lego does they choose to make it comic accurate or MCU accurate. I don’t want a repeat of the War Machine mech. That War Machine figure is not accurate to anything, comics or MCU and is an original Lego design. We have far too much uncovered ground from both cinematic and comic material to be producing original content imo. Just my take but a comic accurate War Machine with a circular arc reactor as opposed to this weird boxy logo they gave him would have been ideal. In the comics he’s had a circular red arc reactor and in the movies its been squarish but this grey angular shape behind the red arc reactor or whatever you call it on hos chest just looks awkward and is not accurate to anything. I don’t want Lego’s original take on these characters with creative liberty on the designs. Once again just my opinion but with decades of untouched comic material we have so many variants that can be produced for each character, plus some MCU characters we’ve never gotten or gotten few of. Rant over.

on the topic of mechs hope they start to branch out more on who they make. With Rocket, Captain America, Miles, and Ghost Rider being comic accurate I have hopes that we can continue to get comic accurate figures in mechs. With the Gamora Fortnite design being revealed recently and the Rocket Mech being what it is, I sort of wish they would make more comic Guardians mechs. Agent Venom would have been 10000x more exciting than regular Venom who we’ve gotten plenty of. 

And before anyone says that Agent Venom is not currently in any major projects to justify his inclusion, my response to that is variants and exclusive figures help drive sales and being an obvious variant of a hugely popular character I feel it’d be justified. Sometimes I have a hard time resonating with the thought that a character needs to be very popular to be produced because looking at the Star Wars and Harry Potter lines, Lego is quite comfortable producing background characters and people who appeared in literally 1 scene. So I don’t think Lego has a trend of avoiding C list characters anywhere but the Superhero theme. Its the only Licensed theme where the A listers dominate to this degree. Fromy my perspective at least.

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

4 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Well, there's X-Men '97, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Eyes of Wakanda, Marvel Zombies, all of which are set to release - I've not heard of a cancelled Marvel Studios animation project?

I wasn't counting '97 as MCU but I guess it is made by marvel studios. 

Friendly Neighborhood has had an extremely troubled production. Some pretty disgruntled workers, having future seasons cancelled/the potential for more seasons removed before the first released, the obligatory neverending delays- and these were between covid and the strike, so while I'm sure the strike further delayed it, it's not the only thing to blame- being removed from the MCU proper into a seperate universe, etc. The project's seemed dead in the water for some time, and while it sounds like enough of it has been finished that a season 1 might eventually get plopped out onto disney+, it's clearly not something marvel studios is proud of.

I don't think we'll get Marvel Zombies at all. I might be off, but I remember a few of the more reliable leakers having said over the past year or two since it's announcement that it wasn't seeming like it would reach fruition. That said, I've literally never heard of eyes of wakanda before this, so clearly I'm not as caught up on marvel news as I thought I was.

I don't know when or if we'll get another CMF, but with the heavy animated projects releasing now and next year, I'm hopefully anticipating more animated characters.

Characters I would love to see:

What If...?: Kahhori, Doctor Strange Supreme, Captain Carter, 1602 hero

X-Men '97: Jean Grey, Gambit, Nightcrawler

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man: Spider-Man FF suit, Daredevil, Nico Minoru

Eyes of Wakanda:

Spoiler

Don't know much about this show other than it exploring past Wakandan warriors, so hopefully past Black Panthers like T'Chaka. I also saw a rumor (just a rumor) that the protagonist(s) would cross paths with other secret nations like K'un-Lun with Iron Fist.

3 ore fa, cosmic ha detto:

Non c'è stata alcuna conferma, ma ho visto alcune immagini di cattivi comici accurati come Kang, Killmonger ecc. in un catalogo e ho sentito che era indicativo delle cose a venire.

They are images from the magazine, unfortunately they don't reveal anything. They also showed Abiminio in the past :-/

Quella figura di War Machine non è accurata per nulla, fumetti o MCU ed è un design originale Lego.

Don't lose hope, last year's Rocket also had a very dark design. Maybe, sooner or later, someone will find the source among the pages of a comic. In any case, having also added the Infinity Saga logo, it would have been more logical to use an MCU model!

A volte ho difficoltà a risuonare con il pensiero che un personaggio deve essere molto popolare per essere prodotto perché guardando le linee di Star Wars e Harry Potter, Lego è abbastanza a suo agio a produrre personaggi di sfondo e persone che sono apparse letteralmente in 1 scena.

I completely agree, the first years of the theme there was more variety of characters. Obviously I would prioritize new villains and new heroes, but I would be happy to see some civilians in danger and stuff like that... Fortnite's MJ is beautiful

7 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Eyes of Wakanda 

I thought that there was a live-action Wakanda series being worked on; I have not heard of this! 

17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

i don't think they're necessarily ramping up to a show in that universe. 

Not confirmation of A-Force, but the creator/writer of the series said this about Captain Carter’s universe: 
Since Captain Carter — a woman — ended WW2, the feminist movement occurred immediately after the war. This had a ripple effect across society leading to more female SHIELD agents, heroes, & women in positions of authority. (Check out the Strike Team at min 12) 

Overall, is there a (substantial) demand for comic-based sets? Outside of the small circles we see here I mean.

Holding out hope for some kind of Deadpool 3 tie-in, unlikely as it is. I could see another small to mid-sized NWH set based on the bridge battle as well perhaps - gives Lego an excuse to release a proper armoured Green Goblin figure (with, gasp, a new mould) as well as an Iron Spider variant, and then just reuse Otto. But again, also unlikely.

Edited by Kaijumeister

25 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not confirmation of A-Force, but the creator/writer of the series said this about Captain Carter’s universe: 
Since Captain Carter — a woman — ended WW2, the feminist movement occurred immediately after the war. This had a ripple effect across society leading to more female SHIELD agents, heroes, & women in positions of authority. (Check out the Strike Team at min 12) 

I really don't see how this leads to an A-Force series by any stretch of the imagination. This is the director stating what the affect of captain carter would be on the world. I don't see how you take this as him even HINTING at an A-force series. He doesn't mention A-force, hint at us seeing those female heroes again (I mean, we're sure to see captain carter again anyway, but they didn't go the a-force direction with how the season'll play out, and I assume season 3 is gonna have her in a civil war adaption.), or even put any emphasis on superheroes. I think the bit about the strike team makes it pretty clear he was just talking about how captain carter changed the worldbuilding for that episode and how they essentially put in more female background characters in shield.

The ratio of active female to male heroes here seems pretty consistent with the current MCU. It happening slightly earlier in the timeline is if anything a hindrance, since the multiverse saga has so many heroes around it's easier for a woman-only team to make sense than here, where you've still got Tony and Thor being if anything MORE important to the avengers due to no Hulk.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Eyes of Wakanda:

Hide contents

Don't know much about this show other than it exploring past Wakandan warriors, so hopefully past Black Panthers like T'Chaka. I also saw a rumor (just a rumor) that the protagonist(s) would cross paths with other secret nations like K'un-Lun with Iron Fist.

Considering the time period, I assume that the rumoured Iron Fist will not be Danny Rand. 

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I really don't see how this leads to an A-Force series by any stretch of the imagination. This is the director stating what the affect of captain carter would be on the world.

More women in traditionally male-dominated fields (and higher regard for them) would lead to more female heroes popping up and an all-female team potentially developing. Also, without the HYDRA infiltration of S.H.I.E.L.D. in this universe, characters like May, Mockingbird, and Quake would be more likely to join the main Avengers team. 
Overall, though, the main thing that makes me think that we will get A-Force in this universe is that they are setting up a female core for the Avengers (Peggy/Nat instead of Tony/Steve/Thor), which lets them build out more naturally than just a random team-up in Endgame

3 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Overall, is there a (substantial) demand for comic-based sets? Outside of the small circles we see here I mean.

Holding out hope for some kind of Deadpool 3 tie-in, unlikely as it is. I could see another small to mid-sized NWH set based on the bridge battle as well perhaps - gives Lego an excuse to release a proper armoured Green Goblin figure (with, gasp, a new mould) as well as an Iron Spider variant, and then just reuse Otto. But again, also unlikely.

A good way to gauge demand among kids is to look at the other merch companies. Not so much funko, but we see plenty of comic based action figures, whether it's the more quality stuff like hasbro legends, cross-product pushes like the mech strike merchandise, or weird gimmicks like those flexible guys I keep seeing at discount stores. Age 6-12 kids generally care more about the character than the source material- they want Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, but they don't care as much if it's the Mk50 or Model 64, the PS4 classic suit or Raimi SM2 suit, the kinetic suit from BP1 or the "cold suit" I saw at Ollie's a few weeks ago, etc. If lego marvel stuck to the characters people cared about, I think a comic-based wave could do pretty well.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A good way to gauge demand among kids is to look at the other merch companies. Not so much funko, but we see plenty of comic based action figures, whether it's the more quality stuff like hasbro legends, cross-product pushes like the mech strike merchandise, or weird gimmicks like those flexible guys I keep seeing at discount stores. Age 6-12 kids generally care more about the character than the source material- they want Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, but they don't care as much if it's the Mk50 or Model 64, the PS4 classic suit or Raimi SM2 suit, the kinetic suit from BP1 or the "cold suit" I saw at Ollie's a few weeks ago, etc. If lego marvel stuck to the characters people cared about, I think a comic-based wave could do pretty well.

The people that care about specific Iron Man and Spider Man suits are about a niche as the people who want the MCU characters filled out.

If comic sets are going to do well, theyre going to, as you said, each consist of Iron Man, Spider Man, Wolverine, or Captain America. I dont have a problem with the "Batman" approach of using those characters paired with D-list characters for the collectors, but I think in reality Lego knows these things will do best with TV or movie tie ins. We're basically at the mercy of whatever animated stuff is on Disney+ for a year or so.

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Considering the time period, I assume that the rumoured ______ will not be ______. 

You're kinda defeating the point of the spoiler tag. But also . . .

Spoiler

I don't mind if it's not Danny Rand. There have been several Iron Fists in the comics that would be cool to get. Also, I'm happy to be getting more animated projects, as it seems to be giving viewers characters we wouldn't normally see in the MCU (i.e. X-Men, Nico Minoru, Iron Fist, etc.).