Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I could honestly see deadpool 3 being moved to PG-13 given how important it's rumored to be to the MCU as a whole. I can't see marvel locking a main plot-mover behind an R rating after all their recent misses. There are a lot of good jokes to be made out of deadpool being censored, and knowing it. Could even do something like have the TVA implement some sort of restraint on him and have him literally bleep when he swears like the one girl in Scott Pilgrim. Add in that it would definately still get it's one F-bomb, and I think it could honestly be pretty entertaining.

I believe the phrasing of the bet means our compatriot may have to eat some plastic even if that is the case, but that's up to him to decide.

We just went over this a few pages ago, they aren't doing lego *title card*, even if there are blue aliens in it.

But yeah, Avatar's a big possibility. It's got to be something with a confirmed 2024 release date.

There's no way after all the press of Deadpool 3 being rated R they change it to PG13 willy nilly. No way. 

Avatar doesn't release until Dec 2025

Realistically speaking, I think the movie in question is either Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, Inside Out 2, or Despicable Me 4.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But yeah, Avatar's a big possibility. It's got to be something with a confirmed 2024 release date.

Avatar is not a possibility, because we're getting the next movie in over 2 years.

I could honestly see deadpool 3 being moved to PG-13 given how important it's rumored to be to the MCU as a whole. I can't see marvel locking a main plot-mover behind an R rating after all their recent misses. There are a lot of good jokes to be made out of deadpool being censored, and knowing it. Could even do something like have the TVA implement some sort of restraint on him and have him literally bleep when he swears like the one girl in Scott Pilgrim. Add in that it would definately still get it's one F-bomb, and I think it could honestly be pretty entertaining.

That's ridiculous. Making Deadpool 3 PG-13 after reassuring fans for years that it's gonna be R-rated would be the worst move Disney could do. 

5 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

You all are conveniently forgetting about an extremely well selling lego theme based on an extremely popular franchise of sequel worthy stories featuring blue aliens.

Those sets are probably November 2024 based on the next sequels Dec release date.

You got December right, but the year wrong. The movie's coming out in 2025.

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

the things i'd do for lego sets based on the 60's planet of the apes movies

Seriously, I'd sell like two of my fingers for those.

5 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

You all are conveniently forgetting about an extremely well selling lego theme based on an extremely popular franchise of sequel worthy stories featuring blue aliens.

While the movies are definitely blockbusters, do we actually know that Avatar LEGO sets sell well? I just notice them on clearance a lot. I'm also not quite sure who'd buy them, given that the second movie is absolutely not suitable for kids.

Edited by brickbride

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There will be sets for new movies in 2024

…qué?

And what movie could that be? Despicable Me 4? *huh* Maybe the Rise of Gru sets did better than I gave them credit for.

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Praying for this, only so certain someone has to eat a minifig

Pfffff, as if :tongue: Safest bet I ever took!

Looking at a 2024 movies list, what about lord of the rings : War of the Rohirrim? 

Maybe a Sony marvel movie I mean the end credit scene of far from home suggested Venom was looking for Spiderman ( I'd guess his Spiderman would be Andrew Garfield because he wasn't native to the MCU universe and we've seen Tobey's Venom) so a Venom and Spider-Man movie might get a set or 2. Madame web also could I guess but we've heard nothing and it is closer so I think Venom 3 is more likely, especially if Spidey is in it. Kraven seems unlikely, though who knows maybe this Kraven and out lord and saviour Morbillion will show up in Venom 3?

Another Sonic movie is coming out, though I'd have rathered they stuck to game sets there.

Dune has a set so dune 2 getting one isn't impossible.

Deadpool could, if only because TLG needed a way to test the effect of eating minifigs.

Transformers and Ghostbusters dint seems that likely but both have precedent, though based on older 'nostalgia bait' material.

Any of animated family films seem possible ( Garfield, Kung Fo Panda, Despicable Me, Inside out etc)

Mufasa could in same vein that the new little mermaid did, but I don't know if they'd want to make a set will all animals, after they haven't made any OG lion king characters at all.

Beetlejuice seems like the sort of thing that might get a one off set.

Wicked, Lisa Frankenstein and Planet of the Apes are all in my least likely of the possible ones list... Everything else on the list I found ( which was 48 movies but it might not be everything) seemed very unlikely, but I didn't like to say impossible, though they were a few omissions as there were no netflix movies on the list for example.

16 ore fa, Falconfan1414 ha detto:

Ci saranno set per nuovi film nel 2024

16 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

Falcon beat me to it but this is false 😁

It would be kind of you guys to specify whether Marvel or not, without going into detail obviously :-D

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That sounds sensible, good shout. You get the impression there are lots of changes going on the mcu right now. It does seem daft to block an important film behind a high rating.

12 hours ago, brickbride said:

While the movies are definitely blockbusters, do we actually know that Avatar LEGO sets sell well? I just notice them on clearance a lot. I'm also not quite sure who'd buy them, given that the second movie is absolutely not suitable for kids.

I've been wondering this too. My local retailers didn't buy very many, and I see the few they did buy hanging around on sale.

I also never hear anyone talk about these movies. Even the new one. It's nuts to me how they make this much money, yet the number of people I know personally who saw it is significantly lower than that of your average pre-endgame superhero or star wars film, and the most positive thing I've heard in person about it is "it was fine, looked pretty cool."

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's ridiculous. Making Deadpool 3 PG-13 after reassuring fans for years that it's gonna be R-rated would be the worst move Disney could do. 

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I think it definitely can't be ruled out. Every rumor coming out about that film (and some of the people spotted on set) implies this is going to be one of the most important setups for kang dynasty/secret wars besides Loki, and given that they've had a number of commercial and critical bombs recently, they might choose to eat some anger if it translates into more sales. It's not like a significant chunk of deadpool fans are going to avoid seeing the movie because he doesn't make enough sex jokes.

1 hour ago, squiz18 said:

That sounds sensible, good shout. You get the impression there are lots of changes going on the mcu right now. It does seem daft to block an important film behind a high rating.

Thanks. That's exactly my thoughts. They're going through a lot of changes and need a win, I could see them making the move to PG-13 or even releasing a PG-13 cut alongside the R-rated version.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've been wondering this too. My local retailers didn't buy very many, and I see the few they did buy hanging around on sale.

I also never hear anyone talk about these movies. Even the new one. It's nuts to me how they make this much money, yet the number of people I know personally who saw it is significantly lower than that of your average pre-endgame superhero or star wars film, and the most positive thing I've heard in person about it is "it was fine, looked pretty cool."

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I think it definitely can't be ruled out. Every rumor coming out about that film (and some of the people spotted on set) implies this is going to be one of the most important setups for kang dynasty/secret wars besides Loki, and given that they've had a number of commercial and critical bombs recently, they might choose to eat some anger if it translates into more sales. It's not like a significant chunk of deadpool fans are going to avoid seeing the movie because he doesn't make enough sex jokes.

Thanks. That's exactly my thoughts. They're going through a lot of changes and need a win, I could see them making the move to PG-13 or even releasing a PG-13 cut alongside the R-rated version.

It needs to be Rated-R because of Violence, I hate PG-13 violence because it is toned down a lot, I would be very let down if they decided to make it PG-13 because then the fight scenes won't be brutal and entertaining. That scene from Deadpool 1 on the bridge was awesome and it wouldn't have been as great if it was PG-13.

Anyway I'm sure Lego will find a way to make something based on the film either put Deadpool in the X-Mansion, make an 18+ diorama set or make a set based off the film but have it branded under  the X-Men Films.

27 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Anyway I'm sure Lego will find a way to make something based on the film either put Deadpool in the X-Mansion, make an 18+ diorama set or make a set based off the film but have it branded under  the X-Men Films.

It's not the branding that's the problem, but the content itself.

Dioramas aren't 18+ because they are based on mature things, but because the build is aimed at adults (more complex, less play features).

Making a set based on an adult oriented movie would be like Batman crossing the no-killing rule. There's no coming back. Once LEGO does this, people will ask for more. 

Adults might say it's a good thing, but I think LEGO would prefer to not make sets that are inappropriate for kids (at least theoretically).

Seen the marvels now, actually it's got to be one of my top 5 MCU movies now.

Hoopty set could've been sold at the same price and been a perfect set, no new parts just more of one of the parts included. Yeah it just needed another 50 or so Flerken Kittens.

given that they've had a number of commercial and critical bombs recently, they might choose to eat some anger if it translates into more sales. It's not like a significant chunk of deadpool fans are going to avoid seeing the movie because he doesn't make enough sex jokes.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I'd prefer a PG-13 Deadpool TBH.

Time for very free speculation: during the presentation of the Tower, the designers showed enthusiasm for the next big set, which obviously cannot be the x-mansion, because we have seen the preliminary image and there is nothing exciting about it. Deadpool 3 has been defined as a priority for Disney/Marvel, despite the recent problems they want to release it in 2024. The only problem for Lego is 18+ but with a set dedicated to adults they can get around the problem. So here the big Marvel 2024 set will be dedicated to Deadpool!!! ;-D Maybe €500 Deadpoolbuster? Maybe a huge modular Fox logo? Who knows :-DDD

1 minute ago, Legocentrico said:

Time for very free speculation: during the presentation of the Tower, the designers showed enthusiasm for the next big set, which obviously cannot be the x-mansion, because we have seen the preliminary image and there is nothing exciting about it. 

I'm pretty sure they are talking about the X-Mansion. And there is plenty exciting about it, even if it's the exact one for the prelim ( and prelims alway make things look bad) that's just one angle and no interiors, I'm sure there's more to it.

4 minuti fa, l'agente Kallus ha detto:

Sono abbastanza sicuro che stiano parlando della X-Mansion. E c'è un sacco di eccitante, anche se è quello esatto per il prelim (e i prelim fanno sempre sembrare le cose brutte) che è solo un angolo e nessun interno, sono sicuro che c'è di più.

€250/300 for that stuff would already be too much, in my opinion there's a €500 lurking! and it's Deadpool ^___^

56 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Time for very free speculation: during the presentation of the Tower, the designers showed enthusiasm for the next big set, which obviously cannot be the x-mansion, because we have seen the preliminary image and there is nothing exciting about it. Deadpool 3 has been defined as a priority for Disney/Marvel, despite the recent problems they want to release it in 2024. The only problem for Lego is 18+ but with a set dedicated to adults they can get around the problem. So here the big Marvel 2024 set will be dedicated to Deadpool!!! ;-D Maybe €500 Deadpoolbuster? Maybe a huge modular Fox logo? Who knows :-DDD

Mark stafford is a huge x men and daredevil fan so I wouldn't be suprised if it's the x mansion. It would be great to throw deadpool into it since it will be 18+ 

52 minutes ago, TandNbricks said:

Mark stafford is a huge x men and daredevil fan so I wouldn't be suprised if it's the x mansion. It would be great to throw deadpool into it since it will be 18+ 

It would be nice, but I imagine that the next x-men sets will be branded "97" and -unless he appears in the series- it wouldn't make sense to put Deadpool in the Mansion. Or not?

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Seen the marvels now, actually it's got to be one of my top 5 MCU movies now.

Really had to double check I read that right, certainly a take I haven't seen on the film yet. I saw it one week ago, I'm still debating to myself whether I prefer the first or second (leaning more towards second, Kamala carried)

Haven't yet seen any good discounts for Hoopty yet, and having seen that the GotGv3 ship & Knowhere are under 'last chance' on the LEGO shop, which is surprising as a couple of Eternals, Love & Thunder and Wakanda sets are still there (though also currently on last chance too), so I wonder how long until Hoopty follows suit

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

because we have seen the preliminary image and there is nothing exciting about it.

Preliminary, not final

Besides is getting a brand new iconic Marvel landmark centred on characters that LEGO has famously blacklisted, with brand new characters that aren't Venom not exciting?

12 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

It would be nice, but I imagine that the next x-men sets will be branded "97" and -unless he appears in the series- it wouldn't make sense to put Deadpool in the Mansion. Or not?

Because Wong/Wasp and the Hulk prison appeared in Avengers Tower right :laugh: 

Accuracy wont stand in the way of adding something that would draw more people to buy a set. Rocket and Baby Rocket were both in 76254: Baby Rockets Ship set is another example.

2 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Because Wong/Wasp and the Hulk prison appeared in Avengers Tower right :laugh: 

Accuracy wont stand in the way of adding something that would draw more people to buy a set. Rocket and Baby Rocket were both in 76254: Baby Rockets Ship set is another example.

The Bugle, which I think is the most comparable, has a ton of figures from different eras of the comic run, including a PS4-inspired Dock Ock, ITSV inspired Miles, and, of course, Spider-Gwen alongside her 616 variant. 

If they're comfortable putting Deadpool in a set, he'll be in the mansion.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I'd prefer a PG-13 Deadpool TBH.

Especially now that he's integrated into the MCU, I agree. I think a lot of people just like deadpool because it's vulgar, which is a pretty immature way of looking at things. I think a movie where he's being forced to be PG-13, and fully aware of it- would be hilarious.

It might also help them dip into some more interesting stuff to do with deadpool thematically. One of my favorite deadpool things is that he's aware he's not a great guy, but you get moments of his morality coming through. The one where he has to kill an innocent person to save a kid, and just talks to the innocent lady explaining why he has to do it, or the comic where he takes someone who was standing on a ledge to emergancy services because he knows that he couldn't do what spider-man or superman would do in that situation, they're both great moments that we don't really get anything on the level of in the movies.

6 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

It needs to be Rated-R because of Violence, I hate PG-13 violence because it is toned down a lot, I would be very let down if they decided to make it PG-13 because then the fight scenes won't be brutal and entertaining. That scene from Deadpool 1 on the bridge was awesome and it wouldn't have been as great if it was PG-13.

"Fights can't be brutal and/or entertaining unless they're rated R" is not a take I expected to hear in relation to marvel. First of all, it's not like deadpool's exactly known for incredible fight choreography. It's not something like invincible, where the brutality of the fights is one of it's most well-known traits. And the idea that good superhero action has to be R-rated is hilarious to me. You're saying there's not a single fight in the entire MCU that's as good as the ones in deadpool? Some of the best superhero action IS R-rated, I would say- Daredevil for instance- but there's a ton of excellent PG-13 action scenes. It's also important to note that a big part of daredevil's action is how grounded and "real" it feels, which is... not really something that fits the vibe of deadpool. You lose a significant chunk of the emotional punch of, say, Daredevil's final fight in the suite if Daredevil was making jokes the whole time.

You can definately pull off good- and violent- superhero action with a PG-13 rating. I mean, Falcon and the Winter soldier was TV-14, and while I don't have much praise to offer that show, there were a couple pretty brutal bits of violence.

6 ore fa, NXS7 ha detto:

Preliminare, non definitivo

Inoltre, sta ottenendo un nuovissimo punto di riferimento iconico della Marvel incentrato su personaggi che LEGO ha notoriamente inserito nella lista nera, con personaggi nuovi di zecca che non sono Venom non eccitanti?

For me the minifigures are the most important aspect of the set, and I'm very excited for the xmen, but I thought it was about construction. And as preliminary as it is, and as much as I know I will be happy in any case, I am afraid that the final model will not be very different from that image

6 ore fa, upliftingbricks ha detto:

Perché Wong/Wasp e la prigione di Hulk sono apparsi nella Avengers Tower giusto

3 ore fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Il Bugle, che penso sia il più paragonabile, ha un sacco di figure di diverse epoche della corsa comica, tra cui un Dock Ock ispirato a PS4, Miles ispirato a ITSV e, naturalmente, Spider-Gwen insieme alla sua variante 616.

Those sets do not have the logo of a specific film, if the Villa is branded x-men 97 rest assured that it will have x-men 97 characters

14 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Deadpool actually had a couple of very brief appearances in the original show as a memory or illusion, so there is a ‘97 design for him. 

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The Bugle, which I think is the most comparable, has a ton of figures from different eras of the comic run, including a PS4-inspired Dock Ock, ITSV inspired Miles, and, of course, Spider-Gwen alongside her 616 variant. 

If they're comfortable putting Deadpool in a set, he'll be in the mansion.

Especially now that he's integrated into the MCU, I agree. I think a lot of people just like deadpool because it's vulgar, which is a pretty immature way of looking at things. I think a movie where he's being forced to be PG-13, and fully aware of it- would be hilarious.

It might also help them dip into some more interesting stuff to do with deadpool thematically. One of my favorite deadpool things is that he's aware he's not a great guy, but you get moments of his morality coming through. The one where he has to kill an innocent person to save a kid, and just talks to the innocent lady explaining why he has to do it, or the comic where he takes someone who was standing on a ledge to emergancy services because he knows that he couldn't do what spider-man or superman would do in that situation, they're both great moments that we don't really get anything on the level of in the movies.

"Fights can't be brutal and/or entertaining unless they're rated R" is not a take I expected to hear in relation to marvel. First of all, it's not like deadpool's exactly known for incredible fight choreography. It's not something like invincible, where the brutality of the fights is one of it's most well-known traits. And the idea that good superhero action has to be R-rated is hilarious to me. You're saying there's not a single fight in the entire MCU that's as good as the ones in deadpool? Some of the best superhero action IS R-rated, I would say- Daredevil for instance- but there's a ton of excellent PG-13 action scenes. It's also important to note that a big part of daredevil's action is how grounded and "real" it feels, which is... not really something that fits the vibe of deadpool. You lose a significant chunk of the emotional punch of, say, Daredevil's final fight in the suite if Daredevil was making jokes the whole time.

You can definately pull off good- and violent- superhero action with a PG-13 rating. I mean, Falcon and the Winter soldier was TV-14, and while I don't have much praise to offer that show, there were a couple pretty brutal bits of violence.

What I should have said was characters like Deadpool,Wolverine,Punisher and more need to have the R-Rating because they are very violent and it wouldn't feel the same if they are toned down, anyway I do like some PG-13 fight scenes like in Captain America:The Winter Soldier and the Batman v Superman warehouse scene. Batman has a lot of good fight scenes even if it's PG-13 but being Rated-R would be more enjoyable for me since it's more gritty and dark.

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Deadpool actually had a couple of very brief appearances in the original show as a memory or illusion, so there is a ‘97 design for him. 

Just a thought, but if Feige can appear in Avengers Tower without existing in universe, don't see why Deadpool couldn't make it in the set even if he's not involved in 97. Just simply a bonus figure

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's not something like **********, where the brutality of the fights is one of it's most well-known traits

Sorry, but we don't say that name in this forum, we only cut to title card

17 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Crazy how fast this topic moved on from Avenger's Tower as soon as it was officially leaked.

Yeah I can’t be ale to catch up reading so many posts.