Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 11/15/2023 at 11:11 AM, Legocentrico said:

I'm hoping for a new mold for the Sydney Sweeney bust :-D

... I think the translation has failed you here. What part of the character are you hoping gets a new mold. "Bust" here means either a statue of the head and shoulders or... a different part of the body.

14 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I hope we get at least another what if season 2 set, but thinking about both the season 1 sets were sort of season 2. ( Hydra Stomper was in season 1 but gets it's own storyline in season 2, as well as Peggy being in her stealth suit, and Sakar Hulkbuster / car is just straight up season 2 given the episode being delayed ( though I'm surprised that the car wasn't just a Lego invention :laugh:))

This is really funny to me, that we essentially only got season 2 sets. Even one of the CMF series 1 figures was from season 2! 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

... I think the translation has failed you here

uh thanks, it's useful to know when there are translation problems! It doesn't matter for the comment, it was stupid :-D

6 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Any hints when it’s coming out?

I'd imagine it'd release sometime after July, likely October-December as that seems to be when they are releasing the D2C's nowadays. I presume at one stage it was timed to release around Deadpool 3 when it was scheduled for a November release.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the translation has failed you here. What part of the character are you hoping gets a new mold. "Bust" here means either a statue of the head and shoulders or... a different part of the body

I think he meant what you think he meant hahahahahah

I might be overlooking something, but if I‘m not mistaken, 2024 might be the first year in a loooooong time without any sets based on a new theatrical movie *huh* No new MCU movies besides Skullpoopl, and none of the other evergreen themes have an upcoming movie scheduled either (SW, HP, JW, DC). In my book, not even the Dune set counts as it’s clearly based on the first movie :laugh:

Weird. When was the last time this happened? 2009?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I might be overlooking something, but if I‘m not mistaken, 2024 might be the first year in a loooooong time without any sets based on a new theatrical movie *huh* No new MCU movies besides Skullpoopl, and none of the other evergreen themes have an upcoming movie scheduled either (SW, HP, JW, DC). In my book, not even the Dune set counts as it’s clearly based on the first movie :laugh:

Nature is healing. 🙏

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Unless the Pixar set is based on Inside Out 2, or we get surprise sets based on Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes or Despicable Me 4, then it will truly be a year without sets based on new movies.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Nature is healing. 🙏

What? That’s not supposed to be a good thing :tongue: New movies (and thus tie-in sets) are what keeps interest in these themes alive

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Unless the Pixar set is based on Inside Out 2, or we get surprise sets based on Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes or Despicable Me 4, then it will truly be a year without sets based on new movies.

I was thinking that too, but Inside Out 2 isn’t exactly LEGO material (except for CMF figures maybe), we would’ve heard about Apes sets by now considering the movie gets released in May, and the Rise of Gru sets apparently didn’t do well enough for a DM 4 theme to make sense. Trolls Band Together also didn’t get any sets, after all! :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What? That’s not supposed to be a good thing :tongue: New movies (and thus tie-in sets) are what keeps interest in these themes alive

I was thinking that too, but Inside Out 2 isn’t exactly LEGO material (except for CMF figures maybe), we would’ve heard about Apes sets by now considering the movie gets released in May, and the Rise of Gru sets apparently didn’t do well enough for a DM 4 theme to make sense. Trolls Band Together also didn’t get any sets, after all! :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, I'm just grasping at straws.

(Although I'd kill for Planet of the Apes sets.)

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I was gonna list Doctor Who, Avatar ( the Last Airbed) and Percy Jackson as my hoped for sets, but I guess those are TV shows not movies. I would DC movies might get some but I'd guess no more DC movie sets until the Batman 2 and Superman Legacy which I guess are 2025.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I was gonna list Doctor Who, Avatar ( the Last Airbed) and Percy Jackson as my hoped for sets, but I guess those are TV shows not movies. I would DC movies might get some but I'd guess no more DC movie sets until the Batman 2 and Superman Legacy which I guess are 2025.

The only DC movie coming out next year is Joker 2 and I doubt we’d get a set for that even if Lego were still making sets for new DC movies.

Edited by psqidexslizer

23 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

The only DC movie coming out next year is Joker 2 and I doubt we’d get a set for that even if Lego were still making sets for new DC movies.

I think I'd just automatically assumed that Aquaman 2 got delayed as since most everything else has, but yeah I don't think it'd of got sets anyhow.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There will be sets for new movies in 2024

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There will be sets for new movies in 2024

Oh? That's intriguing.

Can't wait to get my hands on brand new Kraven the Hunter LEGO sets. :excited:

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Falcon beat me to it but this is false 😁

Edited by TandNbricks

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

the things i'd do for lego sets based on the 60's planet of the apes movies

Obviously they are talking about Lego Dr Who!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Obviously they are talking about the Deadpool 3 sets :-)

Praying for this, only so certain someone has to eat a minifig

15 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Obviously they are talking about the Deadpool 3 sets :-)

Tragically I think they’re talking about Despicable Me 4  

I know you guys are saying Deadpool 3 sets are impossible but I believe there is still hope, I Mean It's by Disney and It will probably be one of the biggest movies of 2024 and Lego would be stupid to miss out on making at least 1 set for it, It is rumoured that Hasbro will make Marvel Legends based off Deadpool 3 so if they can do it why can't Lego. I also remember Falconfan1414 saying ''Never say never'' on this forum a few months ago about Deadpool 3 sets.

There’s more images of the Tower on instagram. I don’t remember who said it doesn’t look good next to other modulars, but they were right. IMO, it would look a lot better if it were a corner building instead. But, as other suggested, building up the base with a regular building would also work.

9 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

There’s more images of the Tower on instagram. I don’t remember who said it doesn’t look good next to other modulars, but they were right. IMO, it would look a lot better if it were a corner building instead. But, as other suggested, building up the base with a regular building would also work.

Anyone think it might work next to the Spring Lantern Festival? The much lower height might make it a better transition between the other modulars that are closer to 1/3-1/2 of the height.

Edited by Brickroll

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

To be fair, it’d be great if we got even more of some more comic book style sets with new characters if that turns out to be the case.

You all are conveniently forgetting about an extremely well selling lego theme based on an extremely popular franchise of sequel worthy stories featuring blue aliens.

Those sets are probably November 2024 based on the next sequels Dec release date.

Edited by thebricksbear

3 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I know you guys are saying Deadpool 3 sets are impossible but I believe there is still hope, I Mean It's by Disney and It will probably be one of the biggest movies of 2024 and Lego would be stupid to miss out on making at least 1 set for it, It is rumoured that Hasbro will make Marvel Legends based off Deadpool 3 so if they can do it why can't Lego. I also remember Falconfan1414 saying ''Never say never'' on this forum a few months ago about Deadpool 3 sets.

I could honestly see deadpool 3 being moved to PG-13 given how important it's rumored to be to the MCU as a whole. I can't see marvel locking a main plot-mover behind an R rating after all their recent misses. There are a lot of good jokes to be made out of deadpool being censored, and knowing it. Could even do something like have the TVA implement some sort of restraint on him and have him literally bleep when he swears like the one girl in Scott Pilgrim. Add in that it would definately still get it's one F-bomb, and I think it could honestly be pretty entertaining.

I believe the phrasing of the bet means our compatriot may have to eat some plastic even if that is the case, but that's up to him to decide.

17 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

You all are conveniently forgetting about an extremely well selling lego theme based on an extremely popular franchise of sequel worthy stories featuring blue aliens.

Those sets are probably November 2024 based on the next sequels Dec release date.

We just went over this a few pages ago, they aren't doing lego *title card*, even if there are blue aliens in it.

But yeah, Avatar's a big possibility. It's got to be something with a confirmed 2024 release date.