Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

X-Mansion speech: apart from the fact that it is the only (or one of the few) set in the survey that has not yet been confirmed by the leakers (should we worry?), the selection of minifigures will be crucial to understand in which year it was designed. In my opinion the shape of the building comes directly from 2014, and the presence of Sabretooth and Mystique recalls the Fox films. In that case they could have kept the project for convenience, but they certainly would have changed the minifigures, updating them for x-men 97

(I don't think we'll see Deadpool in the house)

At this point, I think the only thing safe to say about the Mansion is it will include Wolverine and Magneto. 😝

In all seriousness though, we don’t even know at this point if it’s just gonna be a system set mansion facade for under $200 or a modular-styled $200+ set like the Daily Bugle or maybe more like Rivendell. And even if it is the latter, it could either have a lot of figures or just the ‘97 team and Magento. Unlike the Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower, there aren’t a lot of civilian characters you can throw into the Mansion. IMO, if we get a couple more X-Men sets in the summer, it probably means we’ll be seeing a lot of figures in the Mansion. And in that case, we’ll probably see a few who Lego wouldn’t stick in regular system sets (Deadpool and Emma Frost being the two big names that come to mind, due to vulgarity and costume design). If we get nothing for the X-Men in the summer, we probably shouldn’t count on a big lineup in the Mansion, but might still get one or two characters that can’t be snuck into a system set.

That said, I’m also skeptical of Lego risking Deadpool in even a 18+ set given his reputation for vulgarity and how closely the movie costume resembles the comic look, neither of which was really an issue with Daredevil and Punisher. 

Edited by psqidexslizer

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Seriously though, y‘all ain‘t scaring me! I maintain that Deadpool 3 sets are off the table :tongue:

Oh no I definitely agree, I'm just trying to scare you. Though it seems to have backfired... deadpool figs are one expensive culinary habit, man.

11 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

Edit: my point is that Disney wont miss out on marketing Daredevil to kids and Lego included... I dont think theyd allow DD an unfavorable age rating just based on that alone, and I dont think Echo's rating really has much to do with it despite sharing a few characters. Kingpin was also in Hawkeye and likely less violent.

Oh I'm sure daredevil will appear in projects with TV-14 or below age ratings, but I think it's pretty clear at this point his show's gonna be TV-MA, unless Echo does horrendously and marvel's dumb enough to think that the audience's issue with it was it being TV-MA.

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Oh I'm sure daredevil will appear in projects with TV-14 or below age ratings, but I think it's pretty clear at this point his show's gonna be TV-MA

I wonder if they are going to use the red suit for TV-MA and the red/yellow one for TV-14. 🤔

2 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Wasn't Daredevil being retooled by Marvel for the MCU to specifically be more family friendly and not as violent and gritty as the Netflix version? 

Latest rumours are that the show is being retooled again, so it could end up going back to TV-MA; it would make sense given Echo. 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Latest rumours are that the show is being retooled again, so it could end up going back to TV-MA; it would make sense given Echo. 

Yeah I heard about the fact that it's being overhauled yet again, probably because the previous version wasn't working. But while Echo hasn't been released yet, all reports about it say that the show isn't very good and will probably be a flop which is why Marvel is releasing it all at once and essentially dumping it. So I wonder why they think making Daredevil more like Echo would be an improvement in this case.

29 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Yeah I heard about the fact that it's being overhauled yet again, probably because the previous version wasn't working. But while Echo hasn't been released yet, all reports about it say that the show isn't very good and will probably be a flop which is why Marvel is releasing it all at once and essentially dumping it. So I wonder why they think making Daredevil more like Echo would be an improvement in this case.

I think it's more so that they realized people didn't want a daredevil akin to she-hulk and preferred something more like the netflix show, hence their seeming attempt to retool Echo into something more tonally consistent with those netflix shows. Unfortunately, Echo seems like it's gonna have some pretty controversial stuff- and honestly seems to me more like TFATWS with more blood than it does something like a grounded Loki- and I think they're gonna continue to miss the point of why people liked Daredevil. Daredevil isn't great because the characters can bash people's heads in with car doors, it's great because the characters are so fleshed out. The MCU recently's really been feeling like it's sort of going through the motions of the surface level stuff without getting why the films did so well in the first place. Seeing characters cross over means nothing if we're not attached to those characters. That sort of thing.

49 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I wonder if they are going to use the red suit for TV-MA and the red/yellow one for TV-14. 🤔

That totally sounds like something marvel would do at this point. 

I'm not holding my breath for Deadpool 3 or Daredevil: Born Again tie-ins from LEGO, but if Deadpool and Wolverine turned up in an Avengers movie later, I suspect LEGO might use that as an opportunity to release the movie versions.  Similarly, if Daredevil were to appear in something like Spider-Man 4 (in a supporting role, not a cameo), I feel reasonably confident he'd make it into a set.

Edited by spiderfan2000

11 minuti fa, spiderfan2000 ha detto:

se Deadpool e Wolverine si presentassero in un film degli Avengers

Cerco di non pensarci, perchè mancano tanti anni, ma i prossimi film degli Avengers, con tutti i personaggi che sembra riportare in scena, potrebbero portare delle ondate Lego INCREDIBILI!!!

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The rumors are that Wolverine and Deadpool will appear in the Secret Wars movie so I would expect to see minifigs of them there.

I mean, the rumors are a little more than that:

Spoiler

Supposedly Tobey's spider-man and Hugh's Wolverine are the STARS of the film, which is insanely cool as much as it as a clear cash-grab.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Reveal hidden contents

Supposedly Tobey's spider-man and Hugh's Wolverine are the STARS of the film, which is insanely cool as much as it as a clear cash-grab.

I hadn't heard the rumors about Tobey until the post on the previous page but that's quite exciting as well. I can't imagine Lego would ignore any set that could feature these two together. I also can't imagine Marvel would miss a chance to team up Spider-Man and Deadpool so I could see Deadpool popping up in a set as well then.

8 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

At this point, I think the only thing safe to say about the Mansion is it will include Wolverine and Magneto. 😝

In all seriousness though, we don’t even know at this point if it’s just gonna be a system set mansion facade for under $200 or a modular-styled $200+ set like the Daily Bugle or maybe more like Rivendell. And even if it is the latter, it could either have a lot of figures or just the ‘97 team and Magento. Unlike the Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower, there aren’t a lot of civilian characters you can throw into the Mansion. IMO, if we get a couple more X-Men sets in the summer, it probably means we’ll be seeing a lot of figures in the Mansion. And in that case, we’ll probably see a few who Lego wouldn’t stick in regular system sets (Deadpool and Emma Frost being the two big names that come to mind, due to vulgarity and costume design). If we get nothing for the X-Men in the summer, we probably shouldn’t count on a big lineup in the Mansion, but might still get one or two characters that can’t be snuck into a system set.

I think we may get more minifigures than what was shown in the leaked image but it won't be anywhere as high as what the Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower got. Probably around 15 at most if we're lucky. The main additions I think could stand a chance are:

• Jean Grey and Gambit (too popular to be skipped over especially if the X-Mansion is the only other set we're getting next year)
  • Jubilee to complete the original team
  • Bishop due to his prominence in other X-Men 97 merchandise from Hasbro and Funko
  • Mr. Sinister as he's the main villain of the new series

I'm less confident on Deadpool appearing. The 18+ branding is an easy way to get around his character and capitalize on the new movie but I can see them holding off on releasing him if he's going to be one of the leads in Secret Wars and keeping the set's focus solely on the animated series.

49 minutes ago, wesker said:

I think we may get more minifigures than what was shown in the leaked image but it won't be anywhere as high as what the Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower got. Probably around 15 at most if we're lucky. The main additions I think could stand a chance are:

• Jean Grey and Gambit (too popular to be skipped over especially if the X-Mansion is the only other set we're getting next year)
  • Jubilee to complete the original team
  • Bishop due to his prominence in other X-Men 97 merchandise from Hasbro and Funko
  • Mr. Sinister as he's the main villain of the new series

I'm less confident on Deadpool appearing. The 18+ branding is an easy way to get around his character and capitalize on the new movie but I can see them holding off on releasing him if he's going to be one of the leads in Secret Wars and keeping the set's focus solely on the animated series.

That’s assuming the Mansion is just going to tie into X-Men ‘97 and not try to loosely capitalize on any other X-Men media. And that may be the case, but so far the Marvel Modulars haven’t been inspired by just one movie. The X-Men are in this weird position where they haven’t had any relevant media for the past decade or so but were the premier Marvel team 30 years ago, which will be part of the audience for 18+ sets. But, at the same time, Lego could hold off on going full out with them until they debut in the MCU. It’s an interesting situation where we could end up with either a tie-in set with just the essentials like the Sanctum Sanctorum or a love letter to the X-Men in the way the Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower are love letters to Spider-Man and the MCU.

Regardless though, I think you’re right that we’ll be getting Jean, Gambit, and Jubilee at some point this year.

Edited by psqidexslizer

37 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

That’s assuming the Mansion is just going to tie into X-Men ‘97 and not try to loosely capitalize on any other X-Men media. 

There is a good amount of overlap between the animated series and the movies; Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Magneto, Professor X, and Mystique were prominent in both film iterations of the team, Rogue and Sabertooth were in the original trilogy, and Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Gambit, and Colossus had cameos/minor roles throughout. 
I can see us getting mostly characters from the movies, but in their X-Men ‘97 costumes. 

19 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

There is a good amount of overlap between the animated series and the movies; Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Magneto, Professor X, and Mystique were prominent in both film iterations of the team, Rogue and Sabertooth were in the original trilogy, and Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Gambit, and Colossus had cameos/minor roles throughout. 
I can see us getting mostly characters from the movies, but in their X-Men ‘97 costumes. 

It’s not just movies though. There’s other cartoon such as X-Men Evolution and comics, although those are arguably less mainstream. But then again, Firestar isn’t exactly a household name and she was included in the Daily Bugle based on her appearance in one of the less popular Spider-Man cartoon series. So it seems to come down to who the designers want and who Marvel will approve, which leaves a very large list of options.

Also, when it comes to movies you missed out on two big names: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The latter is arguably better known as an Avenger at this point, but she was in the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and has played a significant role in a certain X-Men centric story. And you can also make the argument that Quicksilver was only an X-Men in the films, but the same argument applies to him. Besides that, they’re probably the two most well-known *mutants in the past decade not named Deadpool and Wolverine. Not saying they’ll be in the Mansion, but I think they’re worth considering as possibilities if we do get more than just a ‘97 tie-in.

*arguably they’re not mutants anymore, but they were for decades and have a long history with the X-Men.

Edited by psqidexslizer

7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I believe they had 8 episodes done and scrapped everything.  I'm not sure what they are doing with it now but we won't see daredevil anytime soon.  

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

It’s not just movies though. There’s other cartoon such as X-Men Evolution and comics, although those are arguably less mainstream. But then again, Firestar isn’t exactly a household name and she was included in the Daily Bugle based on her appearance in one of the less popular Spider-Man cartoon series. So it seems to come down to who the designers want and who Marvel will approve, which leaves a very large list of options.

Also, when it comes to movies you missed out on two big names: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The latter is arguably better known as an Avenger at this point, but she was in the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and has played a significant role in a certain X-Men centric story. And you can also make the argument that Quicksilver was only an X-Men in the films, but the same argument applies to him. Besides that, they’re probably the two most well-known *mutants in the past decade not named Deadpool and Wolverine. Not saying they’ll be in the Mansion, but I think they’re worth considering as possibilities if we do get more than just a ‘97 tie-in.

*arguably they’re not mutants anymore, but they were for decades and have a long history with the X-Men.

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends is considered one of the most iconic and popular Marvel shows of all time. It frequently gets ranked amongst the best animated shows of all time so it's hardly one of the less popular ones. in fact, with every new Spider-Man show that Marvel creates, the brand gets more watered down which only makes Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends stand out more. It's true Firestar isn't a household name anymore but she's still fairly known because of that show despite having no significant media presence otherwise. 

I don't see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch appearing in X-Men sets. Marvel did a lot of work in separating those two from the X-Men brand and even though they have the X-Men movie rights again, they haven't made any push in the comics to make those two mutants again. In fact, Franklin Richards (son of Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman) lost his mutant status so Marvel has become more pushy about keeping the mutant brand separate from the rest of their superhero teams. The twins did appear in the 90s show as Magneto's children but I would not expect to see them appear or even brought up in the new show. Scarlet Witch especially since Marvel has heavily emphasized her in the Avengers brand for the last decade or so. That might change if we ever see House of M in the MCU and mutants integrated as well but based on Elizsabeth Olsen's comments that she's done with Marvel for now because she wasn't happy with Wanda's portrayal in the Doctor Strange sequel, I'm not holding my breath. Retroactively making the twins Magneto's children in the MCU also seems unlikely so if Marvel is going to keep the twins as non-mutants who are not Magneto's children, I don't see them having any X-Men ties or appearing in X-Men merchandise.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Reveal hidden contents

The "rumours" are from MyTimeToShineHello, who's not a reliable source anymore.

She's just saying anything to stay relevant.

7 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Also, when it comes to movies you missed out on two big names: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The latter is arguably better known as an Avenger at this point, but she was in the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and has played a significant role in a certain X-Men centric story. 

The difference, though, is that we can get Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in othe non X-Men sets (their MCU versions, at least); I would rather the Mansion give us characters that we cannot get elsewhere. 

7 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I am not sure what they are now in the comics, but it seems that they are Mutants in the MCU (in WandaVision, we learn that Wanda’s powers are innate and the Mind Stone just activated them). 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, the movie is so far out that it is impossible to say anything about it with certainty. 

17 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm not holding my breath for Deadpool 3 or Daredevil: Born Again tie-ins from LEGO, but if Deadpool and Wolverine turned up in an Avengers movie later, I suspect LEGO might use that as an opportunity to release the movie versions.  Similarly, if Daredevil were to appear in something like Spider-Man 4 (in a supporting role, not a cameo), I feel reasonably confident he'd make it into a set.

Agreed. Especially for Daredevil, even if his show is mature, Lego could also adapt his She-Hulk design in a future CMF, his Spider-Man Freshman Year design, or if rumors are true, may appear in a Spider-Man 4 set.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I can't speak to her reliability, but it feels like an open secret at this point that Secret Wars will bring together heroes from the multiverse. With how well No Way Home did, and how excited people seem to be for Deadpool, it's to be anticipated that we'll see these characters together again.

19 minuti fa, AndrewCole14 ha detto:

PerchÊ ogni volta che iniziano a uscire perdite sulle ondate dei prossimi set, la linea dei supereroi è l'ultima a perdere?

haha I always wonder that too. Waiting, secrecy, and then most of the sets suck, many don't have minifigures and when they do they are poor or imprecise, and in any case there are no new molds :-D

Logically it should be the first to leak :- DDD

3 hours ago, Buckethead said:

I can't speak to her reliability, but it feels like an open secret at this point that Secret Wars will bring together heroes from the multiverse. With how well No Way Home did, and how excited people seem to be for Deadpool, it's to be anticipated that we'll see these characters together again.

I'm not saying it's not gonna happen, because Secret Wars is gonna be the worst case of pointless, terrible fan-service.

I'm saying that MTTSH is saying anything to stay relevant, and nothing she says should be considered even a rumour.

It's too early to say what characters will appear in that movie, yet alone who'll be the lead.

Not to mention having characters not from the MCU be the main protagonists of an MCU Avengers movie would be jarring.