Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Well, if you look at the set as a celebration of the MCU as a whole, characters like Wasp and Wong make perfect sense, despite having nothing to do with the AT itself. Same goes for Feige. Sure, we wouldn‘t have Marvel (as we know it) without Stan Lee, but we also wouldn‘t have an MCU without Kevin Feige :laugh:

18 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I don't think the character is inserted silently as if he were an avenger

Funniest outcome

18 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Thor is present in the original list

Ohh, got it, thanks

I mean with the Stan Lee V Kevin Feigie minifig debate I can see both sides.

On the one hand Kevin is alive and they easily could have asked to make him and he could Ok it.

But Stan was in the movie, so even if his likeness is in an iffy territory, surely they can make one of his cameo characters, and maybe even include a package addressed to Tony Stank as an Easter egg ( I know that didn't happen in the tower but it should still be included).

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wasp, on the other hand, annoys me a lot. It's a slot waste. This is 2 new prints, right? Why not use them on a character who was actually in or around the avengers tower?

I'm not bothered that she never appeared in the tower. We haven't had a proper minifigure of the Wasp since 2018 and she has been due for an update for some time now. And regardless of the set being based specifically on the MCU, the Wasp is still an important character in Avengers lore being a founding member in the comics. For me that is enough to warrant her a spot on the set's roster even if the films have done such a poor job at utilizing her character and incorporating her into the team.

I also don't have an issue if Lego wants to include other heroes not associated with the tower. If Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel and Winter Soldier show up in the final product that's fine by me. Might as well go all out by giving us the ultimate Lego Avengers line up.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Stan Lee V Kevin Feigie

Stan lee vs Kevin feige shouldn't exist since we know the reasons why Stan isn't a minifigure. and it doesn't depend on Lego. Or rather, probably - as always - it's just a question of money, maybe in the future Lego and the heirs will find an agreement

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I do agree since I don't care about any of the Antman characters in the slightest.

But I find very funny you'd complain about this right after writting how cool it is we're getting a movie producer as a minifig.

I think there is a markable difference. A Kevin Feige figure can really only happen in a big 18+ set like this, he's not going to show up in a standard set, and it's a cool way of celebrating the movies. (Also, if you want to get really technical, he was definately in and around the avengers tower- or at least, it's film set :tongue:). Wasp is just a random hero thrown in.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, if you want to get really technical, he was definately in and around the avengers tower- or at least, it's film set :tongue:

Wait, he's on set? I was under the assumption he lives in the office building

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wasp is just a random hero thrown in.

Especially weird considering Antman isn't even there. Sure, we get a microfigure but still a very bizarre choice.

Do you think he's only a microfig only because they dont want to deal with him and the wasp using the same helmet now?

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

he's not going to show up in a standard set

He should, I want the torso piece!!

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Especially weird considering Antman isn't even there. Sure, we get a microfigure but still a very bizarre choice.

I'm guessing this is just a budget consideration. Easier to throw in a cheap Ant-Man microfigure we keep getting in other sets to leave more budget for other figs/ aspects of the build. 

23 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Wasp leaked: No arm print, no leg print, torso is so similar to the previous that it's barely different, helmet is printed... eh

I'd have much rather had a Stan Lee figure than a Kevin Feige figure, but maybe they just did not have the rights to do Stan Lee.

stan-lee-marvels-avengers-age-of-ultron-2015.jpg

My exact sentiments. I don’t care about the practical reasons behind it I am just simply disappointed that for such a large set they are not choosing to give these characters the appropriate detailing.  Whether it would drive the price up or if we had to compromise some side builds maybe it would be worth it because I am kind of just tired of superhero figures not getting the detail they deserve. The way I see it this is going to be one of the largest MCU and subsequently superhero set in general, ever. So not getting what I would see as definitive versions of all the characters is underwhelming. Wasp needs both leg and arm printing. I wouldn’t say she needs any dual molding so I’m shocked they couldn’t just give us a good figure. Is it really that much of a hurdle to produce each figure that needs arm and leg printing with the respective accuracy?

Also yeah I always felt like if we didn’t get a Stan Lee figure while he was alive it seems like that ship has sailed. Of course he’d be much more exciting for Kevin Feige but its dishonest to say Kevin does not deserve a figure. Interesting addition I guess.

Also kept circling back to images of the End Game battle released some time ago and man I have so many issues with that set still. Had to rewatch the final battle scene to better grasp my complaints.

• Wasp and Captain Marvel needed both arm and leg printing. Shuri needed leg printing. 
• There were so many iconic elements to that final battle that defined the imagery of that battle field. The portals are the most obvious but we could also include the leviathans, Thanos’s ship, and the flat battle field itself. The portals were visible during the entrance of all the Avengers, not the girl power scene. So the random inclusion of a portal on the top of this crumbling pillar is strange and out of place as those entrances were made long before the girls teamed up. And the portals were on a battle field not the pillar (s) we see in the set. The actual pillars in the background of where the girls united were not only quite small and just background scenery, they were not quite as busy in colors or as tall as what we got in the set. Rewatching the scene where the girls team up on YouTube yes they stand before some crumbling pillars, but when we have leviathans and Outrider ships they chose to cramp up a random pillar with a bunch of rubble and use that to depict this epic battle? 
• Character selection feels weak we’ve gotten a few Okoyes and Scarlet Witch’s feel like we could have seen an updated Wasp or Rescue in their place.

So the set is so busy and not even accurate in terms of build or figure design. Bad build bad figures high price point. A more iconic reference to that scene would be a leviathan, and if they wanted to show the portals that can be done but those portals were not over broken structures like pillars. The only broken structure in the avengers assemble scene would be the building Ant Man broke out of. Ans that was still not a broken pillar. So its just all sorts of wrong.

Edited by cosmic

50 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Also kept circling back to images of the End Game battle released some time ago and man I have so many issues with that set still. Had to rewatch the final battle scene to better grasp my complaints.

Marvel 2023 has the laziest minifigure selection ever, and this set is no exception. I thought it would all benefit the Tower, but what little we have seen is actually not the best...... surely the best minifigures are yet to arrive O___O

I just saw a leak for the new Ultron Lego minifig and it looks incredible and detailed

Edited by GreyStudios
Leaked image

15 minutes ago, GreyStudios said:

I just saw a leak for the new Ultron Lego minifig and it looks incredible and detailed

I would advise you to remove the picture as EB does not allow the sharing of leaked images :wink:

But it‘s indeed a very nice-looking minifig!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I would advise you to remove the picture as EB does not allow the sharing of leaked images :wink:

This is why I don't mind a lack of leg printing on some figures. If the removal of leg printing for some allows the budget for great figs like this with full printing, I'm okay with that. 

Ultron looks good, shame no arm printing though. That looks a bit jarring compared to the rest of the fig. 

Quite enjoying the drip of leaks. It's like an advent calendar. Wonder who we'll get tomorrow! 

Edited by squiz18

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

oops, Just got rid of it now :grin:

Very nice Ultron, but according to the first description he had to have a new molded head. Should we start worrying about other information? O.o

Just now, Legocentrico said:

Very nice Ultron, but according to the first description he had to have a new molded head. Should we start worrying about other information? O.o

Maybe we're getting this ultron and also the final version of him

Is it just me or Ultron MK1 is using a different leg mold on the right one? Can’t tell if it’s the “Prosthetic leg” or “Echo’s” other side of leg mold.

Maybe I’m reaching and the quality on how they crop the image is potato.

12 minuti fa, SpiderJazz ha detto:

Sono solo io o Ultron MK1 sta usando uno stampo per le gambe diverso su quello giusto? 

The red color on the red background probably confuses the eye

16 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Funniest outcome

The funniest outcome would be them having him on the boxart kicking the sh*t out of Thor.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Wait, he's on set? I was under the assumption he lives in the office building

I'm pretty sure this is just a joke going over my head, but there's no way he doesn't visit the set. Lucas visits the set of star wars shows and he isn't even working on the franchise anymore.

3 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

Ultron seems like a miss for me. It doesnt seem to have anything going for it over the old version

It appears to have a transparent leg, but other than that, you're right. The head in particular is such a downgrade 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Is it just me or Ultron MK1 is using a different leg mold on the right one? Can’t tell if it’s the “Prosthetic leg” or “Echo’s” other side of leg mold.

It looks like a trans-clear dual-molded leg to me. Like you said though, potato quality, so I wouldn't be surprised if they used a prosthetic leg part

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

• Wasp and Captain Marvel needed both arm and leg printing

Jheez it's bad enough everyone expects every minifigure to have printing over every area, but now even the microfigures need arm printing?!? When does this madness end???

Only joking around, guessing you probably meant Valkyrie

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm pretty sure this is just a joke going over my head, but there's no way he doesn't visit the set. Lucas visits the set of star wars shows and he isn't even working on the franchise anymore.

Tbf, George Lucas is retired and has a lot of free time on his hands.

Anyway, he definetly goes to set. Just a light hearted joke about how he makes weird statements once in a while that make him seem he hasn't seen a movie since 2008, like being flabbergasted with Chloe Zhao for filming outside, or him saying that he didnt saw Blackkklansman, but "thought the title was very cool".

Not hating on the guy or anything, I'm sure he's very nice, but he sometimes says very unintentionally funny things.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It looks like a trans-clear dual-molded leg to me. Like you said though, potato quality, so I wouldn't be surprised if they used a prosthetic leg part

I don't see it being a trans clear leg*, if it's anything, it's the prosthetic one

But my theory is that whoever uploaded the first picture, used an editing phone app to delete the background, and the algorithm accidentally cut a chunk of the leg.

*Didnt they comment they wouldnt do that because it looks very bad when explaining why we cant get force ghosts?

16 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I don't see it being a trans clear leg*

*Didnt they comment they wouldnt do that because it looks very bad when explaining why we cant get force ghosts?

Well that's a funny comment in fact...

16 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Anyway, PGBQW definetly goes to GET LEGO setS. Just a light hearted joke about how he makes weird statements once in a while that make him seem he hasn't seen a LEGO MINIFIG since 2008, like being flabbergasted with THE IDEA OF TRANSPARENT MINIFIG PARTS.

I jest but they've been doing transparent arms and legs for a while, it's torso and hips ( and hands I guess) where they've drawn the line. ( I didn't change the year cause I don't know when they started doing this).

Edited by Agent Kallus

6 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Anyway, PGBQW definetly goes to GET LEGO setS. Just a light hearted joke about how he makes weird statements once in a while that make him seem he hasn't seen a LEGO MINIFIG since 2008, like being flabbergasted with THE IDEA OF TRANSPARENT MINIFIG PARTS

This is unironically the funniest thing I've seen all week, I thank you for it

6 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I jest but they've been doing transparent arms and legs for a while, it's torso and hips ( and hands I guess) where they've drawn the line. ( I didn't change the year cause I don't know when started doing this)

Actually I don't even know what compelled me to say that, I'm pretty sure I knew I was wrong while typing but that didn't seem to stop me??

Moreover, I just checked and I HAVE minifigures with transparent pieces??? 

The start of my dementia arc, I'm afraid

Edited by PGBQW