Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Official hd picture - Echo’s torso looks quite cool and detailed though as we haven’t seen the show yet I’m a bit meh on her inclusion. Werewolf by night looked like Pip the Troll at first glance but I’m saving watching it until Halloween so am not overly familiar with him. 

Storm, Beast and Moon Knight are great. So is Wolverine but there’s only so many times you can have yellow suited wolverine even if this one is by far the best. 

Hairpiece included with Goliath and Wolverine. Not sure on Wolverines was hoping for a black version of beasts new hair!

Edited by Lego_ofme

5 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

After seeing the leaked images of the new Marvel CMF series, I'm so excited for the new X-Men minifgures.  Getting Beast for the first time in LEGO form is a huge win and hopefully it will mean more LEGO X-Men sets in the near future!

As much as I love the MCU, I'm tired of getting D-list characters from the MCU and hopeful for more classic Marvel characters such as the X-Men and the Fantastic Four - and their respective rogues galleries! This is a Marvel theme after all not just an MCU theme:/

It's *literally* a Marvel Studios CMF line, not a Marvel comics CMF. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Moon Knight's my favorite. Love his design. Looks like his cape has the traditional two overlapping holes instead of the one, which is great.

It's nice getting a figure for Stephen as well.

Echo does not look comic accurate, but I am loving the red and native colors. Her hair is new (braided and red). HER LEG IS A NEW MOLD!!!

Glad Wolverine comes with hair, and I like that he stills has blue shoulders and dual-molded boots.

Goliath looks incredible (glad he has hair too).

Storm's new hair looks better with each image.

I'm glad to see Beast with his reading glasses. The black streaks in his hair is an odd and interesting touch.

Kate has her arrow heads printed on, which is neat. Happy to see a new bow, but a bit boring that the quiver for her and Clint are old.

Like Hawkeye's new hair mold and dual-molded arms.

I like Agatha's printing, and I'm happy to be getting the Darkhold.

As a horror fan, I'm ecstatic to be getting Werewolf. Love the dual-molded legs and new hair piece. The bloodstone is a nice addition. Kinda wish we had gotten Man-Thing and Elsa as well, but it's going to be really cool seeing him paired up with Moon Knight, Agatha, Zombie Cap, etc.

18 minutes ago, SamVimes said:

It's *literally* a Marvel Studios CMF line, not a Marvel comics CMF. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

I think they mean the theme as a whole.

Edited by Buckethead

Great series overall, I see why some people aren't into it but for me it's perfect.

She-Hulk and Moon Knight are absolutely perfect figures, and I really like the Hawkeyes, Agatha and Werewolf by Night too.

Echo's a real mixed bag. On one hand, the new leg and hair molds are outstanding, but the costume not being anything from the comics and the lack of hand print on her face is a real bummer.

Couldn't care less for the X-Men and especially Goliath. I understand the X-Men in particular are popular characters but would've much rather dropped those 4 for Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Mobius and Scarlet Scarab.

Now that official pictures are out I can confidently say Series 2 is way worse than series 1! Many poor decisions were made like Clint’s hair color, Echo(worst mcu character since Phase 4 started, and that’s saying something) and werewolf by night.

But the worst change is boxes instead of blind bags! How can we find out what character is inside now? If there’s no barcode trick like in 2010 Cmfs are basically done…

My only complaint to Lego is that Werewolf must have been like this.

IMG_8285.jpeg

Edited by Galestrum
Lenguaje

Yay, official pictures!
I've only just now noticed Beast has a new hairpiece and it's fantastic. Not to mention his faceprint :wub: 
Love that it's double-sided, with him wearing glasses on the other side :sweet: 

The damaged Sentinel head accompanying Wolverine is awesome, too.

I'm starting to like Agatha's minifig, as well. She'd be a nice addition to the villain group in my display :classic: 

Regards,
Mitch

There they are! I was hoping they would show up this morning.

I wonder how they decided who got the "action" pieces. Out of the 12, only WBN, Wolverine, Kate, and She-Hulk got them - and the latter two use it to display their accessories.

A few updates to my initial impressions:

• It looks like the leg printing is better than the Disney series. Hopefully we can start seeing some early reviews in the next few weeks and this can be 100% confirmed.
  • Goliath: Glad he has hair; I wonder what his face will look like. Still not very interested in him though.
  • Storm: Looked great before, looks great now. I will still change the hair, though, even if she will have a mohawk in '97.
  • Beast: His glasses-side face looks perfect - I love the teeth sticking out, which I couldn't really make out from the initial leak. Microscope looks weak and out of place, though.
  • Kate: Glad she has two expressions! And I'll be on team "I like the new bow." No idea why the pizza box has an action piece, though, other than for display. Maybe they're teasing a new MCU hero, Pizza-Man?! 
  • Moon Knight: I think he might overtake Sam Captain America for "most detailed Marvel CMF." I do find it odd that he doesn't have two of his knife things though, since he frequently dual wielded - possibly it's a spare part, so he will come with two anyways?
  • Wolverine: Printing, again, looks great. I hope he comes with a second face print with some kind of a smirk. I can't tell if I like that Sentinel head or not though. I'll need to see more pictures to get a better feel for it.
  • She-Hulk: I think She-Hulk's case file is for Abomination? It's a bit hard to tell. I can't make out the phone at all. though.
  • Hawkeye: Looks... Fine. Nothing to get overly excited about, nothing to fret over. The owl will will still be what sells that minifig, I think.
  • Mr. Knight: I think he got a little worse for me, actually. I can't quite put my finger one it... Something about the face maybe?
  • Echo: Don't know her that well, and I'm not too interested to see the show. The braid looks really good, though! (It can be seen in the 360 view)
  • Agatha: Same boat as Storm: liked before, and still like now. I do wonder what the inside of the Darkhold looks like.
  • WBN: I haven't seen the short, so I "don't get an opinion." :shrug_oh_well: If I did get an opinion, though, I still wouldn't like it.

Overall, I think the series has some standouts that I'll happily add to my collection (all the X-Men, Moon Knight, Agatha). Some looks like good characters and will be popular, but just aren't for me (Kate, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Mr. Knight). But there are a few oddball inclusions that bring the series down a bit, especially when the series is only 12 minifigs. I mean, there's a chance that Echo or Goliath could somehow become one of my favorite MCU characters, but I won't hold my breath over it, and would have preferred some of the other characters other people have already mentioned (and that I already know and have an affinity for, and am therefore more likely to want to buy).

This also wasn't the series to start boxes on, I think. If the target of this series is adults, they probably won't want to buy blind boxes and will buy them loose online instead. If the target is kids, I think they made some odd choices - how many little kids have strong feelings towards these characters to ask their parents for them blind for them? As much as I (and most people) would have disliked it, I actually think that the Disney 100 series would have been a better place to introduce the boxes (if we have to introduce them at all): those characters appealed to both kids and adults, and I think there is less "unboxing disappointment" with a Disney character over one of these Marvel ones. Either way, I hate these blind cardboard boxes, but I guess that's the sad reality we live in now.

wow what a day for news

buildable rocket is intriguing, seems a little low a price, hope its bigger than groot

another buildable spiderman, hoping its a different one, gwen would be cool, hope cap falcon has his wing but being the same price doesnt look likely, green goblin is meh

x men jet finally!!!! so excited for that

hope the no way home set has lizard and maybe sandman

cap 4 set should be cool

rest r kinda meh but excited to see them

The rockets warbird set sounds interesting. Another gotg set is welcome. Wonder if they'll include a villain....

12 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Is the list on instagram reliable??? :-OR

Here's the list, if anyone needs it:

76275 Venom and Doc Ock - $10.99 (possibly a venomized Doc Ock?)

76276 Venom Mech - $15.99

76277 Mar Machine Mech - $15.99

76278 Rocket's Warbird - $34.99

76279 Spiderman Car - $29.99

76280 No Way Home Set - $34.99 (Build is Sandman, includes 3 figs?)

76281 X-Men Jen (!) - $79.99

76282 Buildable Rocket - $54.99 (in the style of buildable Groot)

76283 - Buildable Green Goblin - $34.99

76292 Captain America 4 Set - $49.99

76296 Buildable Falcon Captain America - $34.99

76298 Buildable Spiderman - $34.99

All of these seem to be early 2024 releases (Jan-May). And some people have the set numbers shuffled around.

whats the best site to buy a full set of cmfs from that has decent priced shipping to the US? first time buying them online with the boxes now and want to get the best deal i can

2 minutes ago, Surge said:

whats the best site to buy a full set of cmfs from that has decent priced shipping to the US? first time buying them online with the boxes now and want to get the best deal i can

My recommendation would be either Minifigures Madness or Minifigures Plus. Minifigures Plus has preorders up right now for complete sets, and there is a discount code out there to bring down the price to about retail. Minifigures Madness is based in Ireland and sells by the case, but is the cheapest if you would want multiple sets.

So many mechs and buildables - which are not for me at all. 

Excited for X-Jet and Cap 4 set but both seem too low in price to include the number of minifigs I would want. Though confirmation on X-Men sets opens up so many possibilities for mutant minifigs!

Giant sandman with a spiderman and fingers crossed for a Lizard minifigure in no way home set! Hopefully a random new minifigure or two somewhere else (maybe in rockets warbird etc.). Would like classic raimi green goblin somewhere too.

Buildable Green Goblin sounds so cool ngl. Praying that it's Raimi Goblin

Also can we please get High Evolutionary with the Warbird set?

Edited by hvader

18 minutes ago, hvader said:

Also can we please get High Evolutionary with the Warbird set?

High Evolutionary in the war bird set and lizard in the NWH set would be great. Definitely right a few wrongs from this year and show some joined up thinking. 

Apparently there will be a ravager groot minifig with the buildable rocket too. 

@Falconfan1414 is sharing these on instagram too so hopefully they are legit. 

Edited by squiz18

On 7/31/2023 at 5:59 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Marvel news usually releases a bit later than most themes.

Well this aged like milk.

4 minuti fa, bricksandabear ha detto:

Hmmm Il set di Cap 4 non sembra abbastanza grande per un bigfig...

this destroys all my expectations :-(

1 hour ago, Galestrum said:

My only complaint to Lego is that Werewolf must have been like this

This would have gotten me to buy the figure.

Venom v dock out sounds interesting at that price point. Raimi Goblin (It's got to be him, right?)  is an excellent idea for a construction fig and likely the only one I will ever consider getting, assuming he's got the glider. X-jet is big news and I'm glad we're getting the largest system set dedicated to them. Nothing else even remotely interests me.

7 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Hmmm Cap 4 set doesn't seem big enough for a bigfig...

We've had sets below $50 (or even below what would today be $50) with bigfigs before, but given lego's track record I bet the set'll only have Captain Falcon, Torres, and 1-2 other heroes.

1 hour ago, Galestrum said:

My only complaint to Lego is that Werewolf must have been like this.

IMG_8285.jpeg

People won't agree because they're afraid of the truth, but I agree with you

47 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

76276 Venom Mech - $15.99

Took them long enough

48 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

76283 - Buildable Green Goblin - $34.99

LETS GOOOOOOOO