Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

20 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Normally I just do a 'word find' for my name or 'list' or something like that and go back through pages. 

I've done the same in the past. Glad I haven't missed a neater way of doing it :laugh:

It's handy though so thanks for taking the time to do it. 

12 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Yes, I do think that Moon Knight and She Hulk are more known that the 12th most popular X-men

Yeah, but Beast made it and there’s no way he’s even in the top 12.

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

He's not one of the famous ones?

Maybe it's because I somehow managed to get to 2023 without watching any of the movies or the cartoon, but he's one of the 6 I can name on top of my head

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Are you sure about that? He‘s been in five movies (six if you count the Deadpool cameo), and those have ignored a lot of the classic cast, which should bump him up in the ranking quite a few spots :laugh: In the movies, he’s been one of the very few permanent members after his introduction (not chronologically of course since he wasn’t in the first two instalments, but in terms of movie releases). Sure, he may not be in the top 10 if you ask a comic book fan, but they are not representative of general audiences. Heck, ask people on the street who the leader of the X-Men is and I guarantee people will say Wolverine or Prof X :tongue: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Does Lego still do the six-pack CMF boxes? And are the six minifigures random, or are they the same six figures split between group A and group B?

I don't know if you guys are trolling or serious, but She-Hulk and Moon Knight are nowhere near the level of recognizability of Beast (He has been a X-Men since 1963..), Storm or the other main X-Men (just to be clear: Professor X, Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, Storm, Jean Grey and in lesser extent Rogue, Gambit, Colossus, Iceman). Heck, even X-Men villains like Magneto and Mystique are way more known. I would even say that at least 80% of the people who only watch MCU content didn't even know about She-Hulk and Moon Knight before their shows. 

Either way, I hope we get more X-Men in the future based off the animated series or comics. The X-Mansion would be great, but that leak didn't add too many new X-Men although everything can change (if it even releases haha). 

1 hour ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I don't know if you guys are trolling or serious, but She-Hulk and Moon Knight are nowhere near the level of recognizability of Beast 

That's not what anyone is saying? We're saying Beast is one of the popular X-men.

But in any case, for someone who's not familiar with the X-men, the ones that come to mind are the likes of Wolverine, Magneto and Professor X. Maybe Cyclops and Beast too, sure.

1 hour ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I would even say that at least 80% of the people who only watch MCU content didn't even know about She-Hulk and Moon Knight before their shows. 

But they knew Iceman and Blorko? 

Like I agree the X-men were at their peak during the 90's but they're hardly the first thing you think now when thinking about Marvel characters.

Edited by PGBQW

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Are you sure about that? He‘s been in five movies (six if you count the Deadpool cameo), and those have ignored a lot of the classic cast, which should bump him up in the ranking quite a few spots :laugh: In the movies, he’s been one of the very few permanent members after his introduction (not chronologically of course since he wasn’t in the first two instalments, but in terms of movie releases). Sure, he may not be in the top 10 if you ask a comic book fan, but they are not representative of general audiences. Heck, ask people on the street who the leader of the X-Men is and I guarantee people will say Wolverine or Prof X :tongue: 

If we go by the movies, I’d argue he’s in the top 12.

Charles Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Gray, Cyclops, Deadpool, Quicksilver, Collosus, Rogue and Beast. Not necessarily in that order, but Beast isn’t high up there. Despite being in more movies, he never really caught on.

However, I’d argue people know the X-Men more from the cartoons and comics than the movies. In which case, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, Gambit, and probably Mr Sinister and Jubilee are all more popular than Beast.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

He's not one of the famous ones?

Maybe it's because I somehow managed to get to 2023 without watching any of the movies or the cartoon, but he's one of the 6 I can name on top of my head

He's one of the original 6 and definately a famous one.

7 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I don't know if you guys are trolling or serious, but She-Hulk and Moon Knight are nowhere near the level of recognizability of Beast (He has been a X-Men since 1963..), Storm or the other main X-Men (just to be clear: Professor X, Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, Storm, Jean Grey and in lesser extent Rogue, Gambit, Colossus, Iceman). Heck, even X-Men villains like Magneto and Mystique are way more known. I would even say that at least 80% of the people who only watch MCU content didn't even know about She-Hulk and Moon Knight before their shows. 

Either way, I hope we get more X-Men in the future based off the animated series or comics. The X-Mansion would be great, but that leak didn't add too many new X-Men although everything can change (if it even releases haha). 

EXACTLY. You want twelve?

Original 6 (though in their most famous outfits, so blue fur beast and whatnot): Professor X, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Angel

Newer but extremely popular additions: Wolverine (maybe THE most famous X-man), Storm, Gambit, Rogue

Villains: Magneto, Mystique.

And that's not counting other notable X-men characters like Jubilee, Cable, other villains (I'm not including the deadpool side of things, but anyone there would of course sell like hotcakes)

Now sure, it's possible that on a sheer name-recognition level more people might now have heard the words moon knight or she hulk than iceman or angel, but I don't know if that correlates to them selling better. Like, more people know Hawkeye than anyone else in that CMF, but there's no way he's the most popular from it. Likewise, She-Hulk had by far the most controversial MCU show, and while most of us probably love moon knight the character, most people in general would have just heard of him from the show, which I loved but can recognize isn't exactly Andor or Breaking Bad.

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

But they knew Iceman and Blorko? 

As for Iceman, yes. At the very least, people can recognize man made of ice in the same way they can recognize hulk but woman. As for Blorko, you misspelled Doop, who would have been the best inclusion in ANY cmf.

4 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

If we go by the movies, I’d argue he’s in the top 12.

Charles Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Gray, Cyclops, Deadpool, Quicksilver, Collosus, Rogue and Beast. Not necessarily in that order, but Beast isn’t high up there. Despite being in more movies, he never really caught on.

However, I’d argue people know the X-Men more from the cartoons and comics than the movies. In which case, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, Gambit, and probably Mr Sinister and Jubilee are all more popular than Beast.

Beast is a mainstay in the comics and cartoons, including the 90s one. Definately more popular than Mr Sinister, Jubilee, etc (and Emma Frost, though I'm not sure lego would make one anyway).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Sorry I know people are already rebuking this Beast erasure but I would also like to chime in and say that in addition to Beast being one of the original 5 X-Men characters from the comics, he is also one of the only X-Men to ever really be a prominent Avenger. Sure, Wolverine and the others pop up in Avengers books, but Beast was a bona fide member of the team. He didn't rejoin the X-Men for nearly 20 years! So there's a pretty good reason why he's in this cmf, and it's because, yep, he's a very popular character. Dare I say just as popular as She-Hulk and definitely more so with casual fans than Moon Knight. 

For those interested in that Dragon Fly ship from Black Panther, there's a set releasing for Dune called the 'Ornithopter' with around 1369 piece in early November (Revealed late October), depending on design it might be a good basis for a potential fan to create a UCS Dragon Flyer.

Left, Dragon Flyer
Right, Ornithopter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAe2wDYwXC7OV3xKllc6pDune-Ornithopter.jpeg

23 hours ago, squiz18 said:

I've done the same in the past. Glad I haven't missed a neater way of doing it :laugh:

It's handy though so thanks for taking the time to do it. 

No problem :p

Interesting, so some details were off :snicker: We only get a Sentinel head, Beast has a microscope instead, and Kate comes with a pizza box rather than a target :classic: Love the prostethic leg on Echo! I assume it‘s same part they‘ve used in City sets before.

And the owl is definitely a new part! :excited:

I know it's not for everyone but I'm super happy with how this series turned out. Moon Knight and She-Hulk look like some of the best Marvel minifigs ever, and I can't believe we're getting a Werewolf by Night figure:wub_drool:. I wish there were 16 figs so we could've gotten Daredevil, Ms Marvel and Scarlet Scarab, but otherwise I'm loving it.

Though I think it's funny that with the buildable Sentinel rumours being false, the whole "boxes allow for more accessories than bags" doesn't seem to be true in the slightest.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Love the prostethic leg on Echo! I assume it‘s same part they‘ve used in City sets before.

It’s a new mold

I always like to see new hairpieces, and I hope they'll show up on PaB like the Marvel Series 1 ones did.

Otherwise, yeah... the series feels just ok. The figures are nicely detailed - best Wolverine yet for sure - but some of the accessories are a bit lacking.

Not too sad that I'll be skipping this one due to it being in boxes, though I'm sure later series will frustrate me more.

Just now, tafkatb said:

Are those new bow molds for the Hawkeyes as well?

Ah yeah I was going to ask the same. Kate's looks new, but is Hawley's different from his old one?

Wow, beautiful!!! I wondered how they would differentiate Wolverine from previous versions, and I'd say they did an excellent job! It's fun to have been speculating about the buildable Sentinel all this time, it's still interesting as an accessory, and it also works as an easter egg, since it's the same piece as in 2014 (obviously I hope to have a new Sentinel by 2024). All the minifigures are great, regardless of interest in the shows, and overall -in my opinion- it's better than 2021! I'm only sad about Goliath, as there were many much more interesting characters…

2 minutes ago, sonofasubmariner said:

Are my eyes deceiving me, or are there shorter legs on Wolverine?

Looks like regular length, dual molded legs to me.

I think they look great, each highly detailed and some have made the transition to minifig particularly well. Beast looks much better than I was expecting, Wolverine is perfect aside from maybe his length, and I think Agatha looks surprisingly nice—they really nailed the colour on the effects pieces and I am super glad that the Darkhold’s included. The build-a-Sentinel not being real is a bit of a shame, but it was never going to look quite right at that scale anyway. 

34 minutes ago, sonofasubmariner said:

Are my eyes deceiving me, or are there shorter legs on Wolverine?

They are deceiving you.