Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

It was long destroyed by that point :tongue:

Ah, haven't seen the movie since it came out in cinemas so I guess I forgot. I'm hanging on to a little bit of hope we get alternate heads for Andrew and Tobey.

What do you dislike about Doc Ock and Gobbie? They both got new torso and dual-sided faceprints, and the hairpiece for the latter is the same as every fan-made one I’ve seen :laugh: Sure, Doc Ock would have benefit from having Harry’s hairpiece, but this is fitting too

Just seen Baby’s First Hulkbuster :laugh_hard: That thing is adorably stupid

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

Where did you get Groot for that price if you don’t mind me asking

Tesco has Groot for £27 up until the 14th of June, although he's only in stock in bigger stores. There was also a voucher code for £5 off £25 on Lego, I'm pretty sure that one works too. 4131109_1.jpg

I'm sorry if I come out as overly negative, but what the hell happened?

This looks like a MOC. The Spidermen and Electro look fairly good, but why do Doc Ock and the Mind Goblin look so bad? They look like purist customs. Like this came out 2 whole years after the movie, they might as well look 1:1.

Maybe don't include MJ and Ned and use their part of the budget to make the rest of them look good, you know?

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What do you dislike about Doc Ock and Gobbie?

I dont like how any similarities between their torsos and their actual suits is a pure coincidence.

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I unironically think it has the best Ironman figure so far.

Wow, the A-force set literally is just a pile of pieces...

If it had exclusive figs, it could be great. But for $100, you get 4 repeat figs, a new version of Valkyrie, the Thanos bigfig from arguably the best Marvel set in years, and then the Wasp microfig? At least Wasp prices will drop on BL I guess...

Honestly the NWH set is better than I expected. We all knew it would be a garbage build with sought after figs. The build is actually pretty playable and we even got Ned/MJ. I like the cube as well, it'll be a good addition to the Sanctum museum.

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Love the NWH and Endgame sets! :wub: The head of the Statue of Liberty looks surprisingly similar to the Apocalypseburg one, down to the sausage eyebrows :laugh: And that new curved bar piece is gonna make for some interesting MOCs, I can already tell :grin:

Definitely similar to Apocalypseburg. It looks good, but it doesn't interest me enough to get it for $110. Apocalypseburg is so much more impactful and visually interesting (albeit that if you don't have either, this is substantially less expensive).

Some scattered thoughts:

I'm going to assume the Superheroes team had a smaller budget this year, based on these images.

That said, I think both the Spider-Man Final Battle and Endgame Final Battle (couldn't they have come up with more creative names???) look like they'll make pretty cool display pieces--I'm especially impressed with how much the designers were able to do with what is essentially piles of rubble for the Endgame set. 

I really like the new trans-clear stands introduced in this wave (at least I think they're new?), and I'm looking forward to seeing how else they can be used.

[EDIT: ACCIDENTALLY INCLUDED THOUGHTS ON A DC SET--MOVED COMMENT TO THE DC DISCUSSION]

That mini Hulkbuster is hilarious, but that price point is not. Also: I really wish TLG would start to include a more diverse range of characters in their smaller sets. Also: *another* Hulkbuster???

Edited by jjr_2009

Based on the black bases for both the Endgame and NWH set, I guess these may be Marvel's version of the quote display sets that Star Wars and Jurassic Park get?

Decent sets overall though! Marvel's figure print budget definitely seems to have been cut this year based on all the repeats and cut corners. REALLY wish we we could've finally gotten a new Wasp minifig with the better a helmet piece but alas, the wait continues.

The no way home set looks incredible to me, I wasn’t expecting it to look so displayable! Electro looks awesome but they did drop the ball on doc ock, and especially goblin. The lack of both leg and arm printing on goblin makes him look SO WEIRD. Heck even the lack of arm printing on the spideys is a bit disappointing. 

also wasn’t/ isn’t there supposed to be alternate heads? Weird they’re not in the photos.

So glad to see my favourite moment from the Infinity Saga recreated! Thanos' floating winged chair fighting the Babybuster

On a real note, that Iron Man figure looks incredible. And I know this is 4+, but the one time the Hulkbuster is actually around the same height as a big fig, its just... yeah...

Really don't see a reason to get the A-Force set, this is the Valkyrie I've been craving since Ragnarok, but it should've been in the battle pack with Korg, rather than the What If figure. I'm not spending £100 for one desired figure, plus an alternate head for Thanos. Should've had Gamora instead of Shuri at least

49 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Cool 50€ set.

The Doc Ock figure is bad. My dream is dead.

And these monstrous figures should be at the bottom of the river, along with me.

Feel like I'm going crazy, but I was expecting Doc Ock to be dark green, so at first I was disappointed, but I've looked back through screenshots of the film and I can't tell what colour he actually is 

Electro is pretty cool, I just hope this follows the Mysterio situation, and he now appears in comic sets. Was never expecting this set to give him a new headpiece, but I pray if he get the classic suit, they don't follow this and print it all on his head

Love love love the Tobey and Andrew figures, Ned obviously wasn't going to be anything new, but he's put together perfectly. Goblin's bombs should've been 1x1 round printed tiles, not a giant blank head

And it needs to be said, including Sandman's hand is maybe the most pointless thing LEGO Marvel has done all year, and that's really saying something

43 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Also wrong strange in the statue of liberty.

Wasp is also inaccurate, it's the Quantumania suit, but if there's more of her floating round, shouldn't be too hard to get her on Bricklink, I'm still strongly anti-build fig

So brickbuilt Sandman is just his hand? Lol!

And why is Doc Ock dark grey?! Dark green or sand green would have been much more appropriate.

Oh also, I know there's a group of people somewhere here who will be very happy to see that Scarlet Witch's skirt makes a long awaited comeback. Same piece as seen in the Dreamz sets

Edited by NXS7

Ok, I love the NWH set! I do wish GG got leg print8ng and a hood, also that pumpkin bomb needed printing. Do ock looks great, the Spider-men look great, Electro looks great, the build looks great, love the new clear curved action stand piece, overall very happy eith how this turned out! Absolutely a must buy. 

The Endgame set is a pleasant surprise and looks quite good but I'm not going to get it.

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks nicer than the UCS 

Really interesting how every Marvel set this wave is a semi display piece. All of them look really good. the endgame and NWH final battles are both going to have to be must buys, and the groot gimmick is super clever, although I'm still not sure on it's target audience. I also note they are getting their milage out of that portal build.

A couple more observations: I really wish they had at least given Gobby Boba Fett's shoulder cape in purple. I love that they gave the new Ninjago lightning pieces to Electro, they really went all out on that figure. While it's nice that Ned and MJ are here, I would have WAY rather they included the Lizard instead. He is a glaring omission here and I can't believe after all this time we STILL do not have a single Lizard in this theme. 

5 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

A couple more observations: I really wish they had at least given Gobby Boba Fett's shoulder cape in purple. I love that they gave the new Ninjago lightning pieces to Electro, they really went all out on that figure. While it's nice that Ned and MJ are here, I would have WAY rather they included the Lizard instead. He is a glaring omission here and I can't believe after all this time we STILL do not have a single Lizard in this theme. 

I’m really hoping we’ll get a comic Lizard and Electro this coming winter. They’re both long overdo.

1 hour ago, AstroFalcon said:

Tesco has Groot for £27 up until the 14th of June, although he's only in stock in bigger stores. There was also a voucher code for £5 off £25 on Lego, I'm pretty sure that one works too. 4131109_1.jpg

Thank you!

Is the Iron Man in the 4+ set a known suit from MCU or comics?

6 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

groot is a 2 in 1!! this looks much better imo, especially displayed with the other one

Need to get one of the original and 2 of the venomized one to have the transition of Groot on display :laugh:

Edited by upliftingbricks

10 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Is the Iron Man in the 4+ set a known suit from MCU or comics?

It’s definitely comic based.