Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, hvader said:

I simply think that Lego or any toy company refused to make High Evolutionary because he was an absolutely evil and disgusting individual in the movie…

No they didn't. 

3 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

Could just be a cool easter egg but there might be a chance of spider-verse sets? 

https://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1655585030331154434

Praying for that 100$ august set being that, i mean come on, most kids are most likely gonna want an Across the spiderverse set after the movie, or this could just be to get more people to buy the miles vs morbius set

anyway, crazy how you guys actually took a joke seriously, pretty sure Hvader was just making a joke, no need for facts and stuff.

Edited by Goofster

7 hours ago, Goofster said:

anyway, crazy how you guys actually took a joke seriously, pretty sure Hvader was just making a joke, no need for facts and stuff.

Hahahah

I genuinely do wonder why no toy company, not even Funko, made him

Edited by hvader

To be fair,  it could've played a small part. While i see the point about Nazi's and Thanos killing half the population and etc, the High Evolutionary was probably seen by LEGO as someone who wouldn't drive set sales (over the other GOTG members) and isn't worth the inevitable "brand rick" of a character abusive to animals. You can kind of get around it without Nazi/German symbolism on soldiers and Thanos is seen more as a villain than a genocidal maniac. 

IDK tho, just my 2 cents

9 hours ago, hvader said:

Hahahah

I genuinely do wonder why no toy company, not even Funko, made him

Funko will surely have him in a second wave.

I'm sure he'll appear in an Iron Man armory in 2029

I really don't think there's some sort of though out explanation to why he wasn't included. He just wasn't and they wanted to make Warlock over him

11 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

With all this"why High evolutionary wasn't in the sets" discussion why isn't anyone asking "where's Gamora?".

I'll do you one better, who's Gamora?

22 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

I'll do you one better, who's Gamora?

I'll do YOU one better! WHY is Gamora? 

But in all actuality, this theme deserved at least one more set with Gamora and High Evolutionary somewhere in them. I am guessing the lack of High Evolutionary in sets was likely either due to lack of concept art, or because of some particular request not to include him in this wave (no idea why this would be). The fact that he's not in any toy wave implies that it's likely beyond LEGO's choice. 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

Weird that Lego has to specify the buildable figures as 'Construction figures' when they used to just be 'figures'

Lego is taking their time with revealing things, so here's the updated list for May.

Updated List:

Hide contents

JUNE 2023 (Total 4):

• 76249: Venomized Groot ($49.99, 630pcs) June according to Promobricks
  • 76257: Wolverine Construction Figure
  • 76258: Captain America Construction Figure
  • 76260: Black Widow & Captain America Motorcycles

AUGUST 2023 (Total 6):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 + CMF Series + Visual Dictionary)

NOVEMBER (Total 1)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 3):

Rumored/Other sets:

• X-Men Mansion, prototype leaked during a survey by Lego. Maybe a 2024 release
  • 76266 rumored to be based on the female team-up scene from Avengers Endgame

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new set
33 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

With all this"why High evolutionary wasn't in the sets" discussion why isn't anyone asking "where's Gamora?".

Now that the meme's been done, I think the realistic answer is that the character left with Infinity War/Endgame. What we're getting now is not the character people got attached to and in terms of figure, they can replicate with the head from prior figures.

1 minute ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

But in all actuality, this theme deserved at least one more set with Gamora and High Evolutionary somewhere in them.

I think it's very much a GotG2 situation where they had a budget and picked one character over another. I would not be surprised if the budget for Marvel themes was lowered due to the underperformance of the films and the set sales which are no doubt impacted by the decreasing popularity of the films.

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Now that the meme's been done, I think the realistic answer is that the character left with Infinity War/Endgame. What we're getting now is not the character people got attached to and in terms of figure, they can replicate with the head from prior figures.

I think it's very much a GotG2 situation where they had a budget and picked one character over another. I would not be surprised if the budget for Marvel themes was lowered due to the underperformance of the films and the set sales which are no doubt impacted by the decreasing popularity of the films.

Agreed on the budget end, just unfortunate to be missing such figures, and hopefully they make them in future waves. 

I do think that, considering the rarity of the figure overall, I wish they had released a new version, but it is what it is. 

22 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I do think that, considering the rarity of the figure overall, I wish they had released a new version, but it is what it is. 

Still pretty sad we didn’t get Gamora, Nebula and Drax in the 2021 Benatar. The set is pretty perfect minus those figures, would’ve happily traded in Thor and the Chitauri.

How good would a knowhere set in the style of the new ninjago dtc look. 21 figures as well. Would be a great way to get the full guardians team, the collector, some random knowhere citizens. And kevin bacon. 

I wonder how the Avengers Tower will stack up next to the ninjago set. The tower is $150 more and 1000 fewer pieces. The license will bump the price up and presumably there will be more large pieces. 

42 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

I wonder how the Avengers Tower will stack up next to the ninjago set. The tower is $150 more and 1000 fewer pieces. The license will bump the price up and presumably there will be more large pieces. 

That's cope. If you look at the new Ninjago city set in detail, you can see a lot specialized and large pieces as well like curved rails, 2x baseplates. The amount different coloured pieces also adds production cost to a set vs. all gray.

Lego will extract as much profit as they can on a Marvel set.

5 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I'll do YOU one better! WHY is Gamora? 

Tell me where the girl is or I swear to you I'm gonna french fry this little freak.

I think the high evolutionary was skipped out on simply because he wasn't as much of a phyiscal threat as Warlock, or at least marketed as such in the trailers (I haven't seen the film), and with the limited amount of figures lego did they decided he'd be a better antagonist for the guardians. Think about it this way: Which one are kids more likely to want to slam against their star lord and groot figures? The bald guy in generic-ish armor/robes, or the gold dude flying around throwing hands?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I liked Guardians 3 a lot but still think the first movie is the best. The sets are decent but as everyone else is saying, the minifigure selection is lacking. No High Evolutionary across other toy companies explains his absence in the LEGO sets, but Gamora's absence is even more disappointing after seeing the movie. I wish we got both those characters. 

I already liked the build of the Bowie quite a bit since it's so fun to play with, but after seeing the ship on screen I'm truly obsessed with it. I didn't like the design at first and didn't care about it in the Holiday Special, but now I love it. I want a giant UCS version eventually. For now I want to design my own minifigure-scale Bowie, but I don't even know where to start. I just know I need a bigger one as soon as possible!

so curious about that spider-verse thing, is it officially licensed? i can only assume it is, which leads to the big question of why there isn't not even 1 set based on the movie

8 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

That's cope. If you look at the new Ninjago city set in detail, you can see a lot specialized and large pieces as well like curved rails, 2x baseplates. The amount different coloured pieces also adds production cost to a set vs. all gray.

Lego will extract as much profit as they can on a Marvel set.

:laugh:  it's all speculation at this point. I'm just interested in how they get to the prices they do. I'd like to think there's more going on than purely trying to rip fans off. 

Maybe rivendell would be a better comparison with 6000 pieces and 21 figures for $500 dollars. 

1 hour ago, Surge said:

so curious about that spider-verse thing, is it officially licensed? i can only assume it is, which leads to the big question of why there isn't not even 1 set based on the movie

Weird, we didn't even get a tie in like when into the spiderverse came out, still holding out hope for that 100$ set

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the high evolutionary was skipped out on simply because he wasn't as much of a phyiscal threat as Warlock, or at least marketed as such in the trailers (I haven't seen the film), and with the limited amount of figures lego did they decided he'd be a better antagonist for the guardians. Think about it this way: Which one are kids more likely to want to slam against their star lord and groot figures? The bald guy in generic-ish armor/robes, or the gold dude flying around throwing hands?

So Ayesha's function, in volume 2 sets, was to get bumped against Starlord and Groot mmm interesting :-D

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

So Ayesha's function, in volume 2 sets, was to get bumped against Starlord and Groot mmm interesting :-D

I fail to see the correlation? Those sets came out +6 years ago, a lot of things can change in the merchandasing planing during that time.

But in any case, yes? She really was in that set to fight Groot and Star Lord, so what's your point?

42 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I fail to see the correlation? Those sets came out +6 years ago, a lot of things can change in the merchandasing planing during that time.

But in any case, yes? She really was in that set to fight Groot and Star Lord, so what's your point?

Pretty sure it's just a joke...

1 ora fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Non riusco a vedere la correlazione? Quei set sono usciti +6 anni fa, molte cose possono cambiare nella planatura del merchandising durante quel periodo.

Ma in ogni caso, sì? Era davvero in quel set per combattere Groot e Star Lord, quindi qual è il tuo punto?

the "serious" part of the comment is that if they entered ayesha to fight the guardians they could also enter the evolutionary. Then there is the ironic part that probably got lost in translation

40 minuti fa, l'agente Kallus ha detto:

Abbastanza sicuro che è solo uno scherzo...

Exactly, the translation of "slam" is very versatile for me :-)

44 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Pretty sure it's just a joke...

5 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

the "serious" part of the comment is that if they entered ayesha to fight the guardians they could also enter the evolutionary. Then there is the ironic part that probably got lost in translation

Exactly, the translation of "slam" is very versatile for me :-)

Oooooh, I get it now.

Pretty funny then hahaha :)

I dont see him in any other merchandice so maybe marvel didnt give them concept art or told toy companies to not include him. Focus on adam warlock